• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 4,125 Views, 128 Comments

When Scars Heal - gelorum



The story of a human abomination(Not the marvel character) being sent to Equestria

  • ...
22
 128
 4,125

Her Majesty.

“With caring hooves, the harvest grows, red joins the leaves." The upbeat, robotic, voice sings through my headphones. The rounded fruit begins to grow, filling every tree."

If anyone knew about these things it would be me, but I have no clue why she is giving me a hard time on this try “Almost done with you.” I said to the painting.

I turned around to grab another can, when the room’s steel door slammed against the adjacent wall, and government mercs piled in.

“Police! get your hands in air where we can see em !” The heavy armored riot commander screamed.

“Hands in the air now, hands up or we will be forced to fire!” He continued, why won’t they leave me alone, I just blew up a factory.

He began shouting expletives, so much so that I wished I was deaf.

"Dude shut up and shoot him already!" Another merc screamed

“Time for a change of pace.” I thought to myself.

I spun on my heels away from the wall, threw the can straight at them, and slipped to the ground in a single smooth motion.

“Incoming!” They screamed as they opened fire on the can.

As I hit the floor I ripped my gun from its holster and downed three, striking the can on the fourth shot downing another with the blast, leaving me one more soldier .

“Got any family?” I asked not wanting to kill more than I had.

“Just me and my sister.” He said shaking on the ground in front of me.

“Then get out of my sight!” I said as I got behind him and kicked him out the door, he wasn’t even old enough to be in lead of a pit crew, let alone task force.

I ran to the next room, grabbed my things and bolted down the stairs, meeting my daughter Amy on my way.

“Hey what’s the ru... Wooah !” She said as I grabbed her arm, and continued down the stairs.

“The apartment building has been compromised, so we are getting the heck out.” I said as we reached the door, rather than slow down to open it, I just slammed my shoulder into it and burst into the sunlight.

“Take him down !“

“But sir he has a civilian female with him, she’s in the crossfire!”

“A saddening loss, take her out first, he won’t go any further if she’s dead.”

As we ran from the now abandoned building, I felt her grip on my arm fail entirely, then I heard the far too familiar bang ring out.

I looked back to find only an arm in flailing in my own grip, I stopped in shock.

“You’re going down, SUCKER !” I heard from a rooftop.

I quickly sized up the building and found the sniper halfway up, right as he fired.

“I just had to get up today didn’t I?” Was my last living thought before the round sent me to oblivion.

“Mission accomplished, lets get our paycheck boys!”

________________________________________________


"Time to wake up sleepy one," an unknown voice told me as I felt a nudge on my side.


"Mmm I'm awake, my body’s asleep but I'm awake.” Sitting up, I realized the entire room, if it could even be called a room, was sheet white. No doors or walls, just white.

"Am I dead"

"No my little one you are in the midstate, now get up please."

"Yes Ma’am" I said rising to my feet and shaking out the last bit of morning zombieness.

"What can I do for you this fine day or night? I can't tell." I said as I looked around for the one talking

" Your attitude is quite refreshing, and you are most polite indeed."

"I try."

"Now you are here because I am going to send you on a journey, and many challenges await you, I pray you receive much reward in turn."

"Anything but being dead."

"Your first challenge will be to make some friends, and I will keep track of your progress.

Next thing I knew a stunning white horse with a maroon mane and tail with the mark of a quill and inkwell, with ink to match her mane approached me.

“Hey I know you, you’re the oldest alicorn to exist in Equestria”

“How do you know that?” She said surprised I knew who she was.

“Because if I’m right you just pulled me from my world, did you not?”

“Something along those lines, yes.”

“My world had a lot of information on Equestria, and I mean heaps upon heaps of it!” I told her.

“Interesting, you must tell me more at a later time but right now you have to go.”

"Yes Ma’am" I stood at attention as her horn began to glow and she slowly leaned to touch my forehead.

"Goodbye Jordan, and good luck."