• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 4,125 Views, 128 Comments

When Scars Heal - gelorum



The story of a human abomination(Not the marvel character) being sent to Equestria

  • ...
22
 128
 4,125

Wishes And Hopes.

“And that is today’s History lesson, I expect a report on Discord’s demise monday morning.”

“Yes Miss Cheerilee.” All the kids shouted in unison.

“Ah Scootaloo, I need to speak with you please.”

“Yes Miss Cheerilee?”

That be my que.

“Sparrow Feather I presume?” Asked a slightly startled Cheerilee, as she observed my griffin form that had just dropped from her schoolhouse rafters.

“Yes Maam, Miss Cheerilee I suppose.” More stating rather than asking since I already knew.

“Um how long were you up there?” She asks in a sheepish tone, pointing up.

“Since school started. When Scoots barged in I used it as a distraction, climbed in the window at the back and listened intently.”

“And?” She asks more than likely suspecting I had more to say.

“I’m sure you do a fine job,but it would be wise for me to learn more.”

“I’m see. She says as she lets out an almost invisible sigh of relief. So you were going to explain her tardy this morning?” She asks getting back to the task at hand.

“Ah yes, before we left this morning I had to pack things, took longer than expected and then we were about three miles out of town.”

“What are you packing for?” She asks with an inclined eyebrow.

“We are moving closer to town, so Scoots can be closer to school and her friends.”

“Wonderful. Uh Scootaloo would you mind waiting outside, I need to speak with your father in private for a moment. Please?”

“Aww.” Scoots said as she looked up at me with pleading eyes.

“Its alright Scoots. I’ll catch up why don’t you go find your friends hmm?”

“Alright.” I watched as she sped out the door to find her friends just grinnin like a madman. I turned around to look at Cheerilee and jumped back in surprise.

“What do you think you are doing?” Cheerilee said steam pouring from her snout, eyes full of rage and clenched teeth bared in anger.

Woah! Wait what is she... oh now I understand.

“What I am doing is taking care of a filly that everyone else for the most part ignores, treats her like nothing is wrong and doesn’t seem to care.” I said slamming my clawed fist down on her table in anger.

Her eyes did not change in the slightest and she assumed a defensive stance. “Explain!” She nearly shouted.

“This filly you teach almost daily, she eats from scraps found in the trash and given by shop owners when they aren’t worth selling off the shelf. Sleeps in a cold treehouse, rarely sees a warm shower, and just recently was found near death in a Canterlot sewer drain. And you want to know why I am putting myself out for her? Well let me ask you this, why didn’t you bother to take her in?” I asked seething in anger.

“I didn’t think I could give her the attention she needed, when I have all these other kids to deal with.” She said having now drooped her head ready to burst with tears.

I knew that was only part of the problem, the other being it might have been too hard. “I understand, thats why I am giving her the home she deserves and somepony to call family.”

“Promise me you will try your dead level, honest to goodness best to do that for me.” She said tears streaming down her face, quivering from the overflow of emotions after what I told her sank in .

“No.”I said. “If I promise you that, that I will do whatever it takes to keep her happy, I am destined to fail and that will not happen on my watch.” I said turning and walking out the door.

I will not fail Scoots like I did ‘her’.

“You were listening rather than playing with your friends, have you never heard that curiosity kills the cat?” I smiled at My little filly, who had tried to zoom away before I caught her at the door.

“Am I really a burden to you?” Scoots asked, looking up at me with a saddened face.

“Let me guess you heard me say that I was ‘Putting myself out’ for you?”

She shook her head and I reached down, slowly lifted her head, looked deep into her eyes and spoke with a calm, steady, and deep voice. “You will never be a burden, and I will always love you no matter what happens.”

After grasping the entirety of what I had said she began to smile and tear up. “Hey, wipe those tears away, cause today we are going to have fun.” I said brimming with ideas.

We trotted off the porch and into town. “What do you want to do first?” I asked as we reached the edge of the square that was setup for a farmers market.

“Actually I was wondering if I could go crusading with my friends instead?” She asked biting her upper lip. It was as if she thought I would go berserk at her mention of wanting to play with her friends than a still rather strange...thing.

“Sure run along and play. Then while you and your friends do this crusading of yours, I will start putting the house together.” I said completely understanding how she felt.

“Really?” She asked in pure disbelief.

“Of course, be back at the schoolhouse by sundown and Lil’ Macintosh and I will pick you up and go home.”

“All right! Thanks!” She shouts as she runs off towards the Apple family farm.

Heh, she’s gunna have her cutie mark in no time. maybe her cutie mark has something to do with her determination.

I looked around and spotted Cheerilee, nipping at a daisy sandwich.

“Miss Cheerilee?” I asked in a manner of gaining her attention and making for sure I was not rude.

She turned around and her eyes fell the moment she saw me. “Oh its you. Come back to convict me some more?” She asked in obvious pain.

“No Maam, I came to apologize.” I said keeping an even flat tone.

“What?” She asks as she looks at me in disbelief.

“I was very rude earlier when we talked, while what I said was true, the way I said it and the tone I used were wrong and I am sorry.”

She sat there for a moment simply thinking, soaking in what I had said.

“I forgive you.” She said finally. “But what made you come back to apologize?”

“Its the way I was raised.” I said and turned walking away.

I semi-quickly made my way back to the forest and morphed into my real skin and realized my wing was hurting.

I should probably splint the break and make it immobile.

I grabbed a couple firm sticks and placed them either side of the break, fastened them tight then wrapped my wings and torso in med mesh effectively making a shirt from the wrapping.

It was only three in the evening, so I had about five hours till I had to pick Scoots up.

“Well lets get started shall we.” I said to myself as I opened the i-list and began removing the materials Needed to build the house.

At ten till sundown I put the tools away, called Lil’ Macintosh and raced to town. Having already morphed to a griffin, I didn’t get too many glances, just a few backgrounders and a certain bookworm.

“Come on Scoots, time to get you home.” I said as I picked up the snoozing filly.

And tomorrow job huntin.