• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 4,126 Views, 128 Comments

When Scars Heal - gelorum



The story of a human abomination(Not the marvel character) being sent to Equestria

  • ...
22
 128
 4,126

Bonding.

My name is Jordan Straw. I am 18 years old, 19 in a little over 4 months. I was born to a nice family with a fair amount of money, and a good house. Being born out of wedlock I ended up with a single parent, and eventually went to live with my grandparents.

At age fifteen I was kidnapped. Now you may think that sounds easy but I assure you, you will think different when you consider that they tried to haul a 5 foot 11 inch, 280 lbs, Screaming black boy out his bedroom window without being caught. Needless to say it took some effort.

After being forced to either cooperate, or watch my grandma be shot, I stopped fighting, climbed out the window, and got in the van as it sped off. That was the last time I would ever talk to any of my family alive.

“Don’t worry Grandma, I’ll be back!” I screamed as I got in the van.

“Don’t bet on it kid.” The driver proclaimed.

The next six months were spent becoming a guinea pig for an enormous amount of scientists.

“Got any 8’s?” The guard began.

“Go fish, Got any 3’s” I asked taking my turn.

“Yup,” He replied passing me the cards I had earned.

“Can you see them?”

“See what?” He asked.

“The shadows,”

“What about the shadows?”

“They move, they move all the time, never stopping,”

“No I can’t see them moving,” he answered.

“And the nightmares.”

“What nightmares?”

“Every time I sleep, the same exact recurring nightmare, over and over.”

“What happens?” he asks.

“I wake tied upright to a table, surrounded by needles slowly moving towards me. Every needle comes within a foot then stops, a second later they slam into my body, injecting hundreds of different chemicals, causing me to scream in agony, while their side effects ravage my body,”

“When did it start?”

“Ten tests ago,or more simply put almost 6 months. I asked for a deck of cards and a person to play with so I could stay awake longer.”

“I see. Well goodnight Jordan, see ya tomorrow.”

“Sure.”

Two days later they began more testing. “You ready for today’s testing?” the guard asked.

“Am I ever ready?” I asked in reply.

Walking into the room he cuffed my wrists and feet, chaining them together. “Apparently not,” he exclaimed with a smirk.

“You’re awfully perky today!” I said with the utmost sarcasm.

“Oh I just can’t wait to see the results of the test you have today,” the guard explained snickering.

“Whatever,” I said as we continued towards the testing labs.

Reaching the test labs we entered into the test chamber and I was uncuffed. The only things I was thankful for, were that the scientists didn’t want to ruin the project by carelessly jamming my skin with needles. And that they tied me down when they did.

“It’s going to burn again isn’t it?” I asked. Every time they injected chemicals into my body it burned, the instant it hit the bloodstream.

“Make you see in dark today, better than owl,” The mad man spoke horrid english and his accent was heavy with asian origin. I quietly awaited for the inevitable pain, but I wasn’t prepared for the change it would make to my eyes. The feeling was gross, it was like my eyes became liquid icy-hot, rapidly burning then cooling when it finally stopped. they were already preparing the next syringe.

“This one, give hearing, equal to fox,” He explained. Again this one also burned, but unlike the others it burned all the way up to my ears. The feeling this one gave was not nearly as gross, but it burned, and burned, and I could feel my ears retreating into my skull and the top of my head felt as if it was splitting apart. The pain soon subsided, and my fears of my head having split was confirmed by the blood running down my face.

“One more, this give, many gifts,” he said.

“Let me guess, its another type of animal, right?” I asked genuinely curious what they were using.

“No. Different doctor, explain,” With this another doctor walked up to the table.

“Hello Jordan, I am Dr. Fitch. and what we are about to unleash in your system, is a cocktail of DNA, chemicals, and viruses.”

“So in other words painful yeah?”

“Oh quite and would you like to know what we call it? Dash, because it has a dash of everything, even a little bit of rattlesnake,” He explained grinning like a cheshire cat. My blood ran cold at his words.

Wrong. So wrong. The pain was indescribable, burning then freezing, becoming paralyzed, only to convulse with the strength of an earthquake, seconds later. My mouth bleeding uncontrollably from teeth rapidly morphing into fangs, to immediately retreat back into my jaw. My legs and arms bleeding, because my muscles were repeatedly growing and shrinking. The pain finally stopped after a full 2 hours, and I was hauled back to my cell on a gurney.

Another two days and I was taken to a new lab with extremely advanced tech.

“Ello Joe!” The clearly british man exclaimed.

“Why am I in a machine lab?” I asked finally realizing where I was.

“Ah, well that would be because I, the brilliant scientist that I am, will be installing a neural device, in your body,” He explained.

“And what will that do?”

“It will inhibit, or better still remove all emotions from your system,”

“No!?”

“I know brilliant isn’t it!” He beamed as he prepared the implant.

“I guess I’ll give you that, but why?” I asked puzzled.

“To make you the perfect weapon of course,” He replied.

“And that’s all I needed to hear, thanks,” I Said as I made a beeline for the lab door.

I made it out of the lab down three blocks take a right, 3rd door on the left. Seven doors down hang a right, then climb up for around 3 floors, and run to the cooling vent fan. I had heard this escape plan only that morning from guards 100 feet away.

“Stop, come back here!” the guards started yelling.

I made it all the way to the fan and was about to destroy it to make a path when a hanging bridge gave way, and left me holding on for dear life. They soon pulled me up and began hauling me away, and as I would soon find out I was in for one brutal beating.

“You stupid brat, We’ll teach you to try and leave!” The executioner yelled as he swung the L.C.W. otherwise known as a Lightning Whip, around in a wide arc the, suddenly snapping it, causing it to strike just inches from my spine. I will never know how but I survived 30 lashings with a 1,000 volts each, without screaming once.

“Come on scream, I’ll go easy on ya if ya just scream.”

Two days after my failed escape, they brought in another human and shoved them in my cell.

“Hey, we found you a playmate!” The guards voice rang..

I looked up in time to see him shove a female into my room who fell to the floor with a meaty thud.

“Ha-ha play nice now,” He mocked locking the door and laughing like a madman. As soon as he left I rushed over to examine her.

“Are you ok, is anything broken?”

“Lungs, can’t, breath,” She rasped

“I can help you, you just have to stay still,” I explained as I tried to get her to calm down, and keep from causing further damage.She laid still and I concentrated on her lungs, she had two punctures in her right lung and three broken ribs.

“Oh thank you, I was hurting so bad, who are you?” She asked as I slammed against the wall in sudden pain from transferring wounds between us.

“Are you okay?!” She asked as I slowly slid down the wall to a sitting position.

“Nanites, heal. I’ll, live,” I rasped between hitches in my breath.

A few minutes later I was patched up enough to breath easy.

]“So who are you that you get tossed in with me?”

“Rojas, Jamie Rojas. Don’t tell me you've never heard of me!” She barked.

“I've only been in this wretched place for six months, so forgive me if I’m a little behind on my twitter feed.” I snipped rather irritated for some reason.

“I’m the only human on earth with the ability to shapeshift,”

“And you were using it for profit, that’s how they found you, and then they obviously snatched you away with a fight,” I reasoned.

“So you have heard of me!”

“No. I’m just smart. And I’m tired, so I am goin to sleep, you can have the bed if you want but if I were you, I’d find any way out possible,” I warned.

“Why?”

“What do I look like to you honestly, what do you see?”

“Honestly, you look like some demon from a child's night terror,”

“And that’s what they did to me, I’ve been here for six months being tortured, tested, and experimented on. Only God knows what they’d do to you,” I tried to reason with her.

“Well why haven’t you tried to escape?”

“I did and almost made it, but a bridge broke and left me hanging, then they beat me with an overcharged LCW. She shuddered when I told her that bit.

“Hey, it’s your turn ya dumb broad!” one of the escorts quipped as he came in.

“Excuse me!” she said outraged. She jumped off the bed and slapped him right across the side of his face.

“Why you little,” he raged. Picking himself up off the floor from the force of her slap, he primed to hit her back.

“That is unnecessary, you put a scratch on her and they’ll kill you for it,” I wagered keeping him from driving his fist into her face.

“Fine,” he finally spoke. After seething for a good ten minutes, he chained her and began hauling her off.

“Where ya’ takin her?” I asked although I was sure what they were doing.

“We're gunna kill her, what did you think!” He screamed back into my cell.

“NO!” I screamed infuriated, I bolted to the door but didn’t make it in time. I began pounding the door and screaming for her to run, throwing my entire weight into the door I managed to bend it out and screamed with everything I had.

“Run Jamie, Run for your life!” Absolutely exhausted I collapsed to the floor in a heap, waking up the next day they still hadn’t fixed the door.

“Why haven’t they fixed this door yet?” I said to myself.

“Thats cause we were waiting for you to wake up so you could hear this,” A guard replied.

Screaming. Blood curdling screams from one, no two people, in extreme pain. being murdered for nothing. Two days after they murdered Rojas and the other victim, they hauled me in and shot me full of their DNA, I then managed to escape.

“Today will be the last injection we give you,” Dr. Fitch greeted me. I refused to answer him and just awaited the last needle. The needle went in smooth yet there was no pain, no burning, no seizures, just nothing.

“Okay now that we are done, why don’t you try some basic shape shifting. Try changing your hair length,” He ordered. I refused to change until he turned his back then I focused on morphing my hands.

If I can just turn them into blades, or even claws I can get out of here.

I put all my concentration into morphing my hands and managed to make the claws. I jumped off the table and bolted out the door. slamming my way through glass sliding doors, ripping through the kevlar vests of the guards. I ran back the same way I went on the first day I tried to escape, but spotted a ammo cache I had missed in my haste the first time. Breaking the lock I slammed into the door and started grabbing weapons.

AK-47, Tomahawks, Bandoliers, Desert Eagles, and, I thought looking around the room. Oooh, Semtex’, Fantastic.

I Ran from the room throwing Semtex’ at random, preparing to blow the whole place sky high, I made it to the fan again, but instead of running across the repaired bridge I went all the way to the wall, and took off sprinting for the gap, springboarding off the post I cleared the gap, and stopped to catch my breath. When I took off again I threw a semtek right up onto the converging point, on the blades and continued outside tossing semtex’ at random till I made it outside.

“Home free!” I shouted as I ran out the front gates. A black van was approaching and stopped when the driver rolled it up and lowered the window.

“What ya haulin mister?”

“I got three new test subjects tied up in the back,”

“Security has been tightened, due to an escaped subject and I’m going to have to check to make sure they haven’t snuck in your van to highjack it,” I lied smoothly.

“Alright he said hopping out of the cab, and escorting me to the rear. He opened up the door revealing the three mentioned prisoners.

“I’m so sorry,” I said as I slid a pistol from my pocket and shot the driver. I climbed in and sliced the ropes with a claw.

“Now run for it, get out of here, all of you!” I yelled, but a little girl was curled up in a corner.

“Hey come on I’ll take you home,” I told her snatching her up and sitting her in the front passenger's seat, before hopping into the drivers and speeding away, blowing the facility up as I went.

I managed to get her address and found that she only lived six miles down the road, I drove all the way there, only for her house to be in flames when we arrived. I then took her under my wing and taught her how to survive, and even thrive in a world where someone is always watching, and for the next two years we would learn to count on each other, and help each of us to stay alive.

______________________________________________________________________________

My name is Sparrow Feather. I am the prince of Equestria, and gryphon of the Everfree.

The date is October the 1st, and today, its raining. The distant sky greys from the the approaching storm, thunders sound in the distance as lightning burns in the sky. The home of a monster, and his closest companion stands tall and proud, while the monster awaits the rains comfort outside with his companions pet.

“Do you like the rain “Lil’ Mac?” I said looking down at my newest friend.

“I do not have an opinion, I have never considered the rain before,”

“I find this rain more important than most as well, the rain of Ponyville, Canterlot, and abroad can be controlled, but the Everfree’s rain is pure, uncontrolled and untouched, and makes me feel closer to home”

“What is your home planet like?” He asks me.

“It is a terrible place full of pain, suffering, sickness, despair, and hate, swirling like a melting pot, just waiting to be forged into a cataclysmic event,”

“Then why would you want to feel closer to such a place?”

“Let me ask you this. If you were to become a pony or a griffin or something other than what you are, would you want to forget what you were?”

“If I were to forget what I was I could start fresh, begin a new life of wonder,”

“Yes. You could do that but you would not contain the wisdom, or the humility of knowing where you came from, and what you've been through,”

“Sometimes I would prefer it that way,” Mac’s voice was heavy with sorrow.

“I share the feeling my friend. I truly do,”

No sooner had we finished chatting, and Scootaloo came bounding out the front door.

“Morning, Da.. Hey what am I supposed to call you?” She asks suddenly realizing she knew my name but not what to call me.

“Well Scoots, lets see. You could call me Dad, Daddy, Pops, Pappy, Father, things like that, but never call me by my name, wanna know why?” She shook her head yes.

“Because that bratty filly, Diamond Tiara, when she grows up she will call her parents by their names, and people will grow to hate her for it, so whatever you do don’t call me by my name,” I explained.

“Okay Dad. Hey what’s goin on today, how come you and Mac are sitting outside when it’s about to rain?” I chuckled lightly at my daughters comment.

“Cause these two old cats like the rain,”

“You're a cat now?” Mac asked.

“No you silly hunk of wood it’s an expression, meaning were old and have a lot of experience,”

“Was he talking again, Dad?”

“Yeah would you like me to show you how?” She nodded her head in excitement.

“Okay this isn’t going to hurt but you might hear a lot of chatter, once I've shown you.”

I knelt down on one knee placing my hands on her ears.

“Now keep your eyes open, and when you see a gold smoke like wisp, breath deep through your nose,” I instructed. I closed my eyes and concentrated on what I was going to give her, causing it to form like a breath that needs to be expelled. Letting out a deep breath, I opened my eyes, to see her breath deeply, watching the haze stream straight to her lungs, waiting to see her reaction to the voices she had been blocked from.

“Well, how does it feel?” I asked.

“I feel fine, can I hear them yet?” She asks in anticipation.

“What do you think Lil’ Mac?”

“I think we need to talk, alone!” He rumbles.

The look on her face was amazing. Pure excitement, on an almost limitless scale.

“Okay honey, Mac needs to talk to me alone so go and pick up Sweetie Bell, and go to Apple Blooms house. I’ll catch up when we're done, oh but you need an escort, hmm... Oh I got it!” I exclaimed. I gave a loud shrill whistle, and a moment later a phoenix came flying round a corner.

“Say hello to your escort Scoots,”

“Really?”

“Yup, oh and heres a saddle, so she doesn’t hurt you with her talons,”

“Does she have a name?”

“No Scoots I’ll let you name her,”

“Okay Dad, see ya later!” She hollers running of with the bird on her back.

“What’s up Mac?”

“You gave her the gift?”

“Yep,”

“Why?” He asks suddenly.

“Because when you are a hated creature like us, it pays to give your loved ones what you can,”

“So you gave it to her because you didn’t need it?”

“Yep.Now the forest will protect her and her children long after I’m gone,”

“I understand,” He says.

“So what kind of meat you want today?” I asked him.

“Rabbit,” He says without hesitation.

I opened up the meat section of the i-list and took out three rabbits.

“Here ya go Mac,” I said as I tossed him his requested meat.

“Why three?” He asks surprised.

“Because I’ve eaten plenty of rabbits, so I know they aren’t filling,” I replied running off to go catch up with Scootaloo.

I wonder when the squirts birthday is, and what to get her. Say, wonder where her scooter went, maybe make her a new one. I thought to myself. As I walked through town looking for Scoots, spotted Rarity’s house and decided to peek in and see if she had picked up Sweetie Bell or not. Waltzing up to the door I see that Rarity is in and decide to chat for a moment, maybe put in an order for a nice suit, or a casual hat.

“Hello, Miss Rarity?” I ask opening the door and walking into the main parlor.

“Welcome to Carousel Boutique, where every dress is chic, unique and magnifique, can I help you?” She says in a sweeping bow. When she lifts her head she pauses, her eyes widen and her jaw drops open.

“Ugh Miss Rarity, are you okay?” I ask in concern.

“Hugh. Oh excuse me darling, I just don’t get many Gryphons in my shop, let alone an albino, and such a large one at that,” She said eyes glazing over as she circled me eying me up for various things, the design wheels in her brain running at full speed.

I have a feeling this could get creepy.

“Yes. Well anyway, I only stopped in to see if Scoots had already been and gone?”

“Oh yes, she stopped by and picked up Sweetie on her way to Sweet Apple Acres,” She replied.

“Ah good then I’ll be off, twas a pleasure to meet you Miss Rarity, maybe we can talk more some other time,”

“Yes let’s,” She replies.

“Well then, tomorrow morning at ten?” I ask actually wanting to get a hat and some duds I could wear with wings.

“Splendid Darling, I look forward to it bright and early.!” She beamed.

I walked out the front door and walked to a bench to sit and fiddle with my wings, and see if the fracture was healed. To my amazement, the fracture was completely healed, and my wing was strong as ever, if not stiff from it being wrapped up. I sat there for a moment stretching the wing and forcing blood into my wingtips. The feeling is somewhat strange, as it has the feeling of when your arm might fall asleep, but it’s further back on your ribcage and just feels different I suppose.

Well now to take to the air, and catch a few fillies. I thought to myself. I launched into the air and took off for the Acres, scanning the ground for my victims as I went. On my way I begin to think of what we could do today, we could fly to the mountain around Canterlot and take an aerial picture of everything, actually that sounds perfect, I just have to fashion a sort of harness.

I arrived at he Acres to find the girls, playing in the clubhouse, while AJ and Big Mac harvested apples.

Gosh she harvests apples all the time, it’s like the trees don’t stop growing.

I floated down to the roof of the clubhouse and leaned over the edge till I could see in the window.

“Alright the meeting of the Rainbow Dash fan club, is now in session,” Some pony says. I look to the front of the room, to see Scoots, my daughter doing her job as leader of the fan club.

Maybe she’s gonna grow up to be someone important, or maybe she’ll captain the Wonderbolts. Heh, wouldn’t that make her hero proud. I mulled over the thought of her cutie mark, while she continued the meeting.

“Ok first order of business, Rainbow Dash is preparing for another Wonderbolts tryout, and we want to be there to cheer her on, Has anyone gotten transport, up to cloudsdale yet?” She asked, a sad chorus of no around the room was the answer.

“Then we’re gonna have to work on that. Moving on, it looks like our Dashie is gonna have some competition this year, there’s some pony new in town and I’d like all of us to give him a fair chance,”

“What’s he look like,” Some pony shouted from the back.

“Featherweight, the picture please?” She orders.

Poor guy, pourin his heart into it and going completely unnoticed...Wait a minute is that me!

“Everypony, as you can see this is a gryphon, his name is Sparrow Feather, and I think he might have what it takes to challenge our Dashie. On the other hoof I don’t think he’s entered the contest yet, so we have to persuade him,

Looks like I’m going to have to try and work up a lot of wing power in a hurry, if they want me to challenge let alone beat dashie. I shuddered at the thought of losing to her but was already devising a plan of what to do.

“And that’s all for this meeting, see ya in two days,” She hollers, ending the meeting.

After everypony left, Featherweight came back in.

“Uhm Scootaloo I think I have, an idea that will get Sparrow Feather to compete,” He explains. The want for her attention almost visible in his eyes.

“What ya got for me Feathers?” She asks completely oblivious to the quick flash of red in his cheeks.

“Uhm, well, I thought maybe I could blackmail him,” He answers tripping over his words like boys do when talking to a pretty girl.

And that’s my que. I thought as I flipped down hurling myself through the opened window.

“No need for that Featherweight,” I said landing inside and laying down.

“Dad! When did you get here?” Scoots yells, jumping in surprise.

“Oh I was here through the whole fan club meeting,” I told her. The look on her face was exactly what you’d expect from a kid who finds out their dad or mom has been watching them in plain sight.

“So about these tryouts, how long do I have to prepare?” I asked, seeing as I was sure what I was doing, as long as I have the time to prepare.

“You have about a week from tomorrow sir,” Feather Weight nervously answers my question.

“Alright Feathers, well since you're here would you like to go with us?”

“Where to sir?”

“Why flying of course, very high flying, but flying none the less,”

“What about the others sir?”

Rather than answer him I whipped out a four pony, five point harness system.

“I planned on taking them along for the ride as well,” I said. Strapping on the harness I heard the girls, take a deep breath and instinctively covered my ears.

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADER GRIFFIN RIDERS YAY”!The fillies screamed in delight. After I scraped Feather Weight off the wall I assigned them their seats.

“Alright youngins, Scoots, you have front seat,”

“Awesome!”

“Feathers, your next,”

“Yes sir,”

“Sweetie Bell in third, and Apple Bloom, you’ve got the end,”

“Yay!” They exclaimed together as they jumped on my back. After a little help from Feathers, they were all strapped in and sitting comfortably.

“And were off!” I shouted running out the clubhouse and taking to the air.

“Onwards, and Upwards, Allons Y!” I shouted as I gained height, and speed. We climbed for a long time passing the clouds after only fifteen minutes, and onwards we climbed till I was happy with our height.

“Alright every pony, on the count of three smile for the camera!” I said prepared to savour this moment for a lifetime.

“3..2..1..Smile!” I hollered as I stalled out straight up and down, catching a view of Ponyville, along with the five of us. After that I flew the Apple Bloom back to the Acres, Sweetie Bell back to the boutique, and took Feather Weight back to his house.

“Well here we are Feathers, home sweet home,” I say, using the old motto. Both he and Scoots hopped off my back and I put the harness away.

“Scoots I’ll only be a minute, letting Feathers parents know where he’s been,”

“Okay Daddy,” She says with a yawn and a grin.

Careful there honey, might give me a cuteness overload.

“Okay Feathers, let’s get this straight, you like my daughter and I’m okay with that,”

“Really?” He asks hopeful.

“Yes. But if you hurt her then may Celestia help you, otherwise you’re fine, just don’t kiss her till you get married. Agreed?”

“Agreed,” He says raising his hoof for a brohoof, which I gladly return.

After explaining to his parents, why he’d been gone so long, and being thanked for making sure he got home safely, I tossed Scoots on my back and walked home.

“I Love you Scoots,”

“I love you too Daddy,” She says in a groggy voice before she yawns.

“I won’t let you down Scoots, I promise,”


Me: What will happen next? Will Sparrows appointment go as planned? Does he have a plan for the tryouts? Will he let Scoots down?

Sparrow: If I let her down I will kill you.

Me: We’ll See.

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N. I am sorry for the amount of time it takes me to make chapters, and I also want to apologize because It’s going to be a bit harder with school starting. All I ask is that you please bear with me as I try to get into a schedule of school, writing, and life. yours truly, gelorum.