• Published 7th Mar 2014
  • 2,101 Views, 42 Comments

A Deceiving Wedding - Petitprincess



What if Shining Armor was the one who got kidnapped by a changeling instead of Cadence? What if it wasn't Chrysalis?

  • ...
6
 42
 2,101

The End...

Author's Note:

I hope you all end up liking the awesome conclusion to this story! Enjoy :twilightsmile:!

Fluttershy and Rarity were still in complete silence, looking down at the unconscious Captain. Flutters gasped, causing Rarity to jump in surprise. The unicorn held her chest and asked, "You scared me to death, Fluttershy! Do you have an idea?"

After muttering an apology, Fluttershy said, "Well, maybe you can use your horn to melt the shackles."

"While that is a good plan, I'm not skilled in that field of magic," Rarity replied sadly. Now knowing this, Fluttershy's happy mood immediately diminished. Seeing that her friend was upset, the fashonista consoled, "Don't worry; Rainbow and Applejack are possibly close to freeing Twilight. When Twilight's freed, she'll be able to remove the shackles and then we'll figure out a way to save Equestria…again."

The timid Pegasus smiled a bit and asked, "You really think so?"

A baritone voice behind her mocked, "No, I really don't."

Rarity gasped when she saw who was behind Fluttershy and the pegasus was just frozen with fear. After a millisecond of silence, Fluttershy slowly looked up and whimpered when she saw Metamorphosis's murderous glare and flesh ripping bared teeth. The pegasus screamed and accidently jumped on top of Rarity. Meta snarled, "What do you think you're doing!?"

With a random burst of confidence, Rarity shouted, "Saving our friend!"

Meta busted into a blood chilling laughter, which caused Rarity to shrink down. The changeling scoffed, "You two were saving him? Oh please!"

He smiled maliciously at them, but then stopped and glowered. His horn began sparking. He growled, "You'll have to get past me first."

He shot a beam down at the two of them. The two ponies jumped out of the way just in time and began galloping towards their friends. The king snarled and flew towards them. Before Rarity and Fluttershy could shout for help, Meta landed right in front of them. The two slowly backed up. Meta, gradually advancing, hissed dangerously, "I'm not going to let my hard work get ruined by a couple of moronic equines!"

His horn started glowing and sparking. Rarity shot her magic at him, but it was just deflected by a shield he created. Fluttershy and Rarity got backed up against a pillar. The two grabbed onto each other and started shaking. Meta laughed at their cowardice. He whispered, "So long, girls."

The pegasus and unicorn closed their eyes and waited for the blast. Right when Metamorphosis was about to shoot them, he heard somepony say, "Hey, Metamorphosis!"

He turned his head and saw Rainbow Dash flying right next to him. She exclaimed, "Leave my friends alone!"

She bucked Metamorphosis's nose, which caused him to cry out in pain. Rarity and Fluttershy smiled at Rainbow. The two ran off to go help AJ. Meta rubbed his nose and snarled, "You'll pay for this!"

He shot at Rainbow. Effortlessly, she looped around the beam. She flew through the ball room while Meta was trying to shoot her down, distracting the changeling. Meanwhile, AJ, Rarity, Pinkie and Fluttershy were trying to get Twilight free. Twilight asked, "Are you sure Rainbow will be fine?"

AJ comforted, "Yeah, she's fine. Tha girl's strong."

"How are we going to get this off?" Rarity asked. AJ filled in, "We need ta find a way ta git Twi's magic ta blast this cocoon. But, ah can't find anything in here tha' can help."

As the four were looking around, Rainbow was getting exhausted from flying around. She muttered, "C'mon girls, hurry up! I can't keep this up."

Metamorphosis growled, "Hold still!"

He shot a beam at Rainbow, not realizing that she was positioned front of the window Chrysalis was at. Rainbow gasped and flew up to avoid the ray. The shot hit Chrysalis' back, causing the changeling to scream in agony. After hissing in pain, she turned around and saw her husband with an apologetic grin. She growled, "You miserable excuse for a changeling!"

Meta's eyes shrank when Chrysalis shot a ray at him. Sure, right now he's stronger than her, but that doesn't mean her power won't leave a bruise. He ducked down and avoided the attack. Unfortunately, the beam was going straight towards Twilight! Twilight looked up and gasped as the ray was coming straight towards her and her friends. She shouted, "Run!"

The four looked at her in confusion, but stared wide eyed at the beam heading straight for them. Listening to Twilight's command, the four ran off in different directions. Twilight took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

The beam hit her; there was a boom, and an intense white light. Everypony in the room shielded their eyes. Once the light was gone, they opened their eyes and saw a massive crater. Twilight's friends cried, "Twilight!"

After hearing the shouting, Shining Armor woke up and gasped at the pit. He whispered sullenly, "Tw-Twily," he then shouted, "Twilight!"

The Mane five walked over to the crater and found Twilight lying inside, motionless. Pinkie, her hair now deflated, cried, "Tw-Twilight."

She didn't answer or move. The five began crying at the loss of their friend. Shining Armor, tearing up, whispered, "N-No, this can't be."

He looked up at Meta, who was still gawking at the crater. Shining, now his blood boiling, shouted, "Look at what you did! Twilight's d-dead because of you!"

Meta looked at Shining, then back at the crater. Guilt started to fill his blackened heart, and it made him feel sick to his stomach He murmured, mostly to himself, "I-I…I didn't m-"

He was interrupted by Chrysalis's laughing. She rejoiced, "Yes! Finally! Now we can rule over Equestria without any interference! But, just in case, shackle her friends, Metamorphosis."

Coming out of his trance-like state, Meta looked over at his wife, still in complete shock. He asked, "W-What?"

She rolled her eyes and repeated, "You idiot! Shackle them, now!"

He sighed, but did as he commanded. He levitated the five crestfallen ponies and shackled them next to Shining Armor. Seeing the look of depression in Metamorphosis's eyes, Shining asked, "Is this really what you want? To be ruler of Equestria?"

He looked at Shining, a tiny bit offended, but then he looked at the crater. Do I want....No, of course it is! It's what me and Chrysalis has been striving for! Remembering his goals, he answered, "Of course...it's all I've ever wanted."

Chrysalis commanded, "Come, my darling. We no longer need to look after these peasants."

She flew through the window, knowing her husband will follow. Metamorphosis took a few steps towards the window, looked back at the depressed ponies,sighed, and then flew away. After the two left, Shining Armor started struggling in the gelatinous shackles. He looked at the five mares and saw they were motionless. He asked, "Aren't you guys going to help?"

Rarity sighed, "What's the point?"

AJ added, "We can't figure a way out these shackles. There jus' ain't no point."

"Equestria is doomed…a-a-and it's our fault," Fluttershy concluded dismally. The five mares looked down at the ground, feeling guilty for causing the death of their friend. Shining comforted, "No, you can't give up! You just can't! Would Twilight just allow you guys to qui-"

"Shut up!" Rainbow shouted at the top of her lungs. Her friends plus Shining looked at her. Tears rolling down her face, she sobbed, "Just, shut up! What hope do you think we have!? We're chained, we have no way to free ourselves, your magic is weakening, Cadence is still in a trance, the princesses are still unconscious and in a cocoon, and Twilight's gone! Don't you see? It's over!"

She began sobbing, uncontrollably. It didn't take long for the rest to follow. Shining stared at the crying friends and then at Cadence. He looked at the ground and sighed. Why did I have to check and see who was inside the castle that night? I mean it would've probably made this worse, but at least we would have a fighting chance, Shining thought grimly. He looked over at the crater and his eyes began tearing up. He whispered, "Twilight, I'm so sorry."


A/N: Okay, so, obviously this isn't the ending. I had an idea for two more chapters, the next one will be short, but it may take a while to get out. Also, could Metamorphosis be turning over a new leaf? Probably, not. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this weird chapter!