• Published 7th Mar 2014
  • 2,102 Views, 42 Comments

A Deceiving Wedding - Petitprincess



What if Shining Armor was the one who got kidnapped by a changeling instead of Cadence? What if it wasn't Chrysalis?

  • ...
6
 42
 2,102

The Plan

Chrysalis looked up in contentment as her minions formed a gelatinous cocoon around the two sister princesses. She whispered eerily, "Perfect; with the princesses out of the way nothing can stop us from taking over!"

The Queen's eyes widened when she a grunt from behind. She turned and saw Shining Armor struggling to get out of his gungy shackles; the sadness of this scene caused the Queen to chuckle. She walked over to Shining and gleefully informed, "The only way you can escape those shackles is if you use your magic, which you severely lack of course!"

She smirked down at the glaring unicorn. Shining's glare soon turned sorrowful as he turned to stare at his hypnotized wife. Chrysalis noticed this and mockingly consoled, "Oh don't worry your fiancé will remained unharmed," Shining turned to her in surprise. She finished, "…until we no longer need her of course."

He clenched his teeth in anger and glared at her again. Chrysalis, suddenly looking malicious, continued, "Then she'll be turned into a lifeless husk," her horn began glowing as she finished, "just like you!"

Shining struggled even harder to get of the shackles vice-like grips, but his efforts were fruitless! Chrysalis smiled as she slowly lowered her horn to Shining's. Her horn touched his and the pink aura surrounding his horn slowly seeped into Chrysalis's. The captain's jaw clenched as every single bit of his energy was getting sucked away. He squinted as he tried to ignore the fiery pain coursing through his veins; he tried to pull away, but it felt like he was in a trance. So, he did nothing but succumbed to his fate and watched as he slowly started to lose consciousness. This was it; he wasn't ever going to see his friends, family, and his wife ever again.

At least that would've been his fate, if it wasn't for Chrysalis stopping her actions when she heard Twilight scream. So instead of getting completely drained, Shining just fell down unconscious. Chrysalis walked over to her deadbeat husband and asked deadpanned, "What are you doing?"

King Metamorphosis was stuck in his position, which was his tongue licking up Twilight's chin. Wide eyed, he got up, stuck his tongue back in his mouth, and said, "Nooooothiiiinnnngggg."

Chrysalis gave him an unamused look and just rolled her eyes. Twilight wiggled in her cocoon and shouted, "You won't get away with this!"

Chrysalis and Meta raised an eyebrow. Twilight continued, "Any second now, my friends will come bursting through those doors," she nodded towards the entrance and went on, "and we're going to kick your-"

She was interrupted when the doors to the ballroom boomed. She grinned at thought of her friends coming through the doors with the Elements of Harmony in hoof. Unfortunately, the smile on her face slowly turned into a look of horror, when she saw her friends getting carried in by the changelings. The friends had bruises in multiple places, their manes were unkempt, and they had a few cuts with bits of blood dripping out. They looked like they had gone through a fierce hurricane! Chrysalis grinned and mocked, "You were saying?"

The Queen and King walked over towards the unicorn's friends, who looked up at them with obvious embarrassment and resentment. Meta informed, "You do realize the reception has been cancelled, don't you?"

He turned towards their minions and ordered, "Go! Feed!"

The changelings zoomed out of the window to suck the love out of all the residents. Twilight looked at her friends in shock and exclaimed, "What happened to you guys!?"

Rarity started, "There were changelings everywhere!"

"We didn' know whuh ta do," Applejack went on, hiding her face behind her hat. Rainbow crossed her forelegs and beamed, "Of course, I had the brilliant idea to fight them!"

Pinkie Pie jumped in, "But, then they started changing to look exactly like us! Well, they tried to look like me, but it wasn't even close. I mean how in all of Equestria do you forget my cuteness!?"

Fluttershy covered Pinkie's mouth with her hoof and finished, "We were a little scared to fight; we didn't know who was who, and we definitely didn't want to hurt each other."

"It-It was completely d-dreadful, T-Twilight!" Rarity sobbed. Twilight casted her remorseful gaze at the floor, if only she would've been there none of that would've happened (A/N: Not that I'm saying her friends aren't smart or are useless, it was just too stressful of a situation to think through it and that's why they failed.). The sad unicorn got startled when she heard Metamorphosis laugh; she scowled at him and growled, "What so funny!?"

Meta rolled his eyes and replied, "Well since you asked so nicely, Twilight here was suspicious of my behavior all along. Too bad the rest of you were too caught up in your wedding planning to realize those suspicions were true!"

Rarity sighed, "We all should've known Twilight's brother would never act so harshly to her own friends."

Pinkie pie gave the ponies a confused look and put out, "He was never harsh to me. Actually, he loved my party ideas!"

After actually taking in all the decorations, Chrysalis shivered in disgust and thought to herself, No wonder why it looks like a kindergartner threw up in here! Meta turned to his wife, glared, and whispered, "You know I can hear you!"

She smirked at him and nodded. Snapping back their attentions to the Equines, they heard Applejack solemnly apologize, "Sorry, Twi. We shoulda listened ta ya."

Twilight shook her head and comforted, "It's not your fault. He fooled everypony." She turned her head down in sadness and whispered, "He even fooled me."

Chrysalis turned away from the ponies, with her husband following, and stated, "Hmm, he did, didn't he?"

The two walked over towards a window and gazed down at their changeling army wreaking havoc on the horrified ponies. Rainbow looked at them questionably and whispered to her four friends, "Are they gonna start singing?"

Chrysalis started singing, "This day has been just perfect-"

The five groaned, "Yep."

"The kind of day of which we've dreamed since were small," Meta finished for her. He flew out the window and boomed triumphantly, "Everypony we'll soon control!"

Chrysalis flew out with him and continued, "Every stallion, mare, and foal. Who says a couple of has-beens can't have it all!?"

The Queen, King, and army all laughed evilly at the event unfolding below them. Meanwhile, the five ponies that they forgot to immobilize were discussing a plan. Applejack murmured, "Alrigh', while those two 'r distracted, Fluttershy and Rarity: you two go an' free Shining Armor. Me an' Rainbow 'r goin' ta git Twi' outta tha' cocoon. Pinkie," Pinkie smiled and blinked at her. AJ finished, "Uh…you keep an eye out on those two."

Pinkie saluted to the cowpony and whispered, "Yes ma'am!" She turned towards the window, closed one eye, and watched the two. This caused her friends to shake their heads, but still smile at the party pony. Rainbow half whispered and half shouted, "Alright! Let's go!"

The four nodded and started tip-toeing to their stations. When Rarity and Fluttershy got over to Shining, they were stunned to see him lying on the ground limp. Flutters gasped, "Y-you d-don't think he's…*gulp*…d-d-dead, do you?"

Rarity walked up to his side, lied down, and put her ear on his chest. It took a few seconds, but she sighed in relief when she heard a heartbeat. She consoled, "It's alright Fluttershy; he's just unconscious."

Fluttershy put her hoof to her chest and breathed out. She looked down at the shackles and asked, "Um…how're we supposed to free him?"

Rarity tapped her chin and said, "Don't worry; I'm thinking." It's a good thing there isn't anypony in there that can read thoughts...Am I right?

At the moment, Rainbow and AJ made it over to Twilight, who was still looking sadly at the ground. AJ tapped the unicorn's shoulder. Twilight looked up and beamed at her friends, but that smile was short lived. She looked at them in confusion and asked, "What're you doing?"

Rainbow replied, "We're breaking ya out of that cocoon, of course!"

Rainbow and AJ clamped their jaws down on the gooey shell and started pulling on it. Unfortunately, the shell was too stretchy. Rainbow Dash was pulling up at the ceiling and Applejack was pulling near the entrance. The two let go and massaged their tired jaws. Rainbow flew down to Twilight and Applejack trotted back to her. The cowpony sighed, "Sorry, Twi. This thing is jus' ain't givin' in."

Rainbow asked, "Can't you use your magic?"

"I can, but I can't get a good angle. I need something to reflect the beam," Twilight informed the two. Applejack put a hoof to her chin and said, "Lemme think of a-"

The unicorn interrupted, "No!"

She flinched and looked at the window. The Queen and King were still blissfully unaware of what was going on. Twilight continued, "Don't think. King Metamorphosis can read our thoughts."

AJ's and Rainbow's jaw dropped. They looked over Rarity and Flutters who seemed to be deep in thought. The two just gulped and hoped the two were just in silence at the moment.

Well, the two are in silence, they were just thinking of ideas…in silence. Unbeknownst to the Equines, King Metamorphosis heard Rarity's and Fluttershy's thoughts loud and clear. He growled under his breath, "There's no way they're going to ruin this for me."

Author's Note:

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN:pinkiegasp:!