• Published 7th Mar 2014
  • 2,102 Views, 42 Comments

A Deceiving Wedding - Petitprincess



What if Shining Armor was the one who got kidnapped by a changeling instead of Cadence? What if it wasn't Chrysalis?

  • ...
6
 42
 2,102

This Day Aria

Author's Note:

So, this is This Day Aria chapter. I hope you like it!:pinkiehappy: Also, the lyrics are made from vckhaze's colt cover.

Darkness

Twilight had no idea where she was, everything around her was pitch black. The only thing she could make out was that she was on a cold rough ground. Her horn glowed and the light shunned the darkness that surrounded her. She was inside of some kind of cavern. She had no idea whether to be afraid or confused. Instead of just sitting there, she decided to examine her surroundings. Twilight shouted, "Hello? Is anyone there?"

Her words bounced off the cavern's walls. As she was looking around, she bumped into a wall. The walls showed Twilight's reflection, for some odd reason she found herself curiously staring at it. After a while Twilight was greeted by an eerie laugh. She looked up in fear and tried to find the pony. Unfortunately, there was no one else there. She thought it was best to ask another question. She asked, "Where am I?"

She turned her back to the reflective wall and heard a voice say, "The caves beneath Canterlot," Twilight's eyes went small when she saw her many reflections replaced by Metamorphosis (who is still disguised as Shining), "once home to greedy unicorns who wanted to claim the gems that could be found inside."

She back up and sat down in the middle cave, feeling extremely frightened for the first time. Metamorphosis' reflection disappeared and it went to the wall behind her. He finished, "And now, you're prison."

There was bound to be somepony inside the cave with her. Twilight got up, started running, and shouted, "Help! Help!"

Metamorphosis only laughed at her helplessness. His reflection once again disappeared from the wall. Twilight found herself running to another dead end, it seemed like there was no way out. Right beside her a stalagmite showed Meta's face; she started crouching down against the cave floor. "It's no use. No one can hear you. And no one will ever think to look for you, either." His reflection started flickering off different parts of the walls, "Most ponies have forgotten that these caves even exist, which is why they are the ideal place to keep the ones who try to interfere with our plans." He started laughing at the ingenious scheme. She looked up and asked, "Plans? What plans?"

He looked down at her in half shock; he was surprised that it wasn't obvious yet. He answered, "The plans I have for Princess Cadence, of course."

This shocked the young unicorn, her brother was truly evil. Not only that, he was actually planning to take over Canterlot. Even though she felt sadden by this, she was deeply enraged. The magic from her horn started intensifying. She glared up at Metamorphosis and fumed, "Don't you dare do anything to Cadence you…" she choked up a little, but still seethed, "you monster!"

He smirked a little at her. He mocked, "Only way to stop me is to catch me."

He laughed and ran off. His reflection disappeared from the walls. Twilight stood there shocked, she had no idea how she was going to catch him. His laughter vibrated off the walls. He ended up behind her once again. He chuckled, "Over here!"

Once again, she got shocked, but that was easily replaced by anger. She turned around and tried blasting Metamorphosis. Unfortunately, he disappeared and the blast ended up bouncing off of it and bounced off of the walls. Twilight ducked, so she could stay away from the deadly beam. The beam's trajectory was right in front of Twilight, she back up before it could hit her. Meta's face went below her. He continued, "Nope," he disappeared again and ended up behind her again, "over here!"

He started laughing again at her. She ducked down and covered her face. She felt a little hopeless, but refused to give up. She started blasting at all of his reflections. It seemed like she got him, but then she noticed that she just missed. She tried one more time and took aim. Her beam shot out at the reflection and broke the entire cavern wall. On the other side of the appeared to be Shining Armor, but Twilight wasn't too happy to see him this time. She gave Shining a menacing glare. He shouted, "No! Wait!"

She didn't try listening to him. Twilight tackled down Shining and got ready to charge up her horn. She stopped when she heard him say, "No, don't…Twily, it's me!" she arched an eyebrow, "Please, you have to believe me! I've been imprisoned like you. The Shining Armor that brought you down here is an impostor."

Twilight snorted, "Likely story!"

He knew he had to think of way to tell her the truth. He needed to tell her something that only he and Twilight would know. A memory came to him. He said, "Do you remember the time when you split punch all over mom's wedding dress, and it stained; so you thought that the best way to get was-"

Twilight's face got very hot and she started to blush a bright red. To cut him off, she hugged him and exclaimed, "It is you!"

He hugged her back and said, "Of course it is! I would never do anything to hurt you."

He looked up when he heard Metamorphosis' laughter in the distance. There was bright that spark off in the exact direction. It had to be the way out. Twilight let go of Shining Armor. "We have to get out of here! We have to stop him!" She announced. Shining nodded in agreement and ran towards the spark, she followed after him. Another one of Metamorphosis' laughs echoed in the cave.


Castle

"Everything is going perfectly, Chrysalis." Metamorphosis explained to his queen. He was talking to her through the dresser mirror. She was pleased with his progress. She responded, "Well, I'm impressed with you, shocked even. If everything keeps going at this rate, we'll be ruling over Canterlot in no time. We're so very close, Metamorphosis. Do not fail me!"

Chrysalis' reflection vanished from the mirror. Metamorphosis transformed back into Shining. He was dressed in a black wedding vest that had one blue sash that crossed over his shoulder. He smiled evily and chuckled, "Trust me, no one will stop us."

He levitated a red rose over to his chest and put it on the vest. Metamorphosis began singing, "This day is going to be perfect." He turned away from the mirror, "The kind of day of which I dreamed since I was small."

"All those Armor loving bores," he enchanted the manikins to make them bow to him and he played along, "say I look great in uniform. What they don't know is that I have fooled them all!" His eyes changed into a chilling bright green.


Shining ran through the caves with Twilight, hoping to find a way out before it's too late. He sang, "This day was going to be perfect." He slowed down his running and sat down, "The kind of day of which I dreamed since I was small. But instead of having cake with all my friends to celebrate," Twilight put her hoof on his shoulder and gave him a consoling look, "my wedding bells may never ring for me at all."


"I care not a thing about the ring!" He walked over to a table that had a basket full of apples and kicked them down. "I won't partake in any cake." He went over to a mare manikin that had a green dress on, as well as a green headband with a flower. Metamorphosis continued, "Vows, well, I'll be lying when I say:" He began caressing the manikin, "That through any kind of weather I'll want us to be together. The truth is that I don't care for her at all!"

He flipped up the headband and zapped his magic at it. The headband disintegrated and turned to a pile of ash. He stomped on the ash and sang, "No, I do not love the bride, for my heart is dead inside!" He went over to the mirror and smirked, "But, I still want her to be mine!"


The two were further into the tunnel and still didn't find any openings. The most they found were dead ends or just more tunnels. "We must escape before it's too late. Find a way to save the day." Shining went on. Twilight and Shining ran over to what seemed to be a tunnel, but it only turned out to be another dead end. The little bit of hope they had were disappearing, but both of them were determined. He continued, "Hope, I'll be lying if I say, "I don't fear that I may lose her to one who wants to use her:""

There was a mine cart and a track was in the way. The cart was filled with rocks so, it was going to be hard to move, even with magic. Another spark came from a far end of the cave. Twilight wasn't too sure about the obstacle, but Shining didn't give up. He resumed, ""not care for, love, and cherish her each day"."

He ran over to the cart and started pushing it. Unfortunately, it barely moved. He sang out, "For I oh-so love the bride. Oh, in my heart she does reside."

She felt sorry for him, so she levitated the rocks out of the cart and put Shining inside. She galloped over to the cart. He smiled at his sister's compassion as Twilight started pushing the cart. He went on, "Oh, Princess Cadence, I'll soon be by your side."

The cart started zooming down the tracks at an alarming speed. As they were going down, there was a board that stopped the cart; unfortunately it didn't stop Shining or Twilight. They both flung out of the cart and started flying over the extensive gap. Twilight clung onto her brother when they started falling and she closed her eyes. She opened her eyes when she that they were floating. Shining put an orb around them so that they could float to the other side.


Metamorphosis got into the ballroom and saw everyone there. It was everything that he and Chrysalis dreamed, and soon that dream will become a reality when all of Canterlot and Equestria will be bowing at their hooves. He laughed, but hid it. He whispered, "They don't even know what's coming to them."

Celestia heard only a little of what he said. She asked, "What was that, Shining Armor?"

He shook his head and lied, "Oh, I said that I'm excited for me and Cadence."

She smiled at him and took his answer. When she looked away, Metamorphosis rolled his eyes. He couldn't wait to bring down the Princesses. There were loud trumpets that announced the bride's arrival. He turned around and looked towards the doors. As soon as the flower girls started coming down the aisle, Cadence soon came through. Nopony noticed that her eyes were still green and she was walking down in a daze. Meta sang, "Finally the moment has arrived, for me, take a very lucky bride."

He smiled at her when she came up to his side. Everything's going perfectly, Metamorphosis thought, eagerly.


The orb disappeared when they were at the other side, but what they thought was an opening was just another dead end. The two stared up in horror at their obstacle. Believe it or not, Shining was almost close to tears. He cried out, "Oh, the wedding we won't make she'll end up marrying a fake. Princess Cadence, will be-"

He dropped down to the ground unable to finish the rest. Twilight walked over to her sadden brother and tried consoling him.


As Celestia was speaking, Metamorphosis looked at Cadence and smiled evily at her. Cadence looked at him and gave him a smile as if nothing is going wrong. She still had the spell put on her, it seemed like nothing will break her out of it. Metamorphosis looked forward and whispered eerily, "She'll be mine. All mine."

He let out a soft, but evil laugh.