• Published 5th Mar 2014
  • 1,244 Views, 38 Comments

Rarity's Revenge - StormLuna



Rarity and her friends get invited to the Gala again and unfortunately, Rarity bumps into Blueblood. He is interested in her this time but she has other plans for him, plans that won't be pretty.

  • ...
28
 38
 1,244

Defense Mode

An hour passes and Luna returns to the courtroom. Gray Wings says, "All rise. Court is now back in session. Presiding over the proceedings is the Honorable Princess Luna."

Luna gets to the bench and says, "You may be seated."

Luna continued, "The prosecution has called their witnesses to the stand. Now it is time for the defense's turn. Gray Hooves, who do you wish to call to the stand first?"

Gray Hooves replied, "I would like to call Princess Celestia to the stand."

Celestia got a stunned look on her face. Never before had a princess been called to the stand to testify in any sort of court proceeding. She said, "But a princess has never been called to the stand. I shouldn't have to do this."

Luna gave her a scowl and replied, "Princess Celestia, either you come up here and testify or I will hold you in contempt of court, which is a crime in itself. You don't want that now do you?"

Celestia walked up to the witness stand where Luna asked her, "Princess Celestia, do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth under penalty of perjury?"

Celestia sneered, "I do."

Gray Hooves asked, "Princess Celestia, I would assume you were in attendance at the Grand Galloping Gala but I do want to make sure. Were you in attendance at the Gala?"

Celestia replied, "Well duh! Of course I was there! It was part of my royal duties you idiot!"

Luna shouted, "ORDER IN THE COURT. Princess Celestia, there is no need for you to behave in such a manner. Continued behavior like this will result in you being held in contempt of court. You may continue Gray Hooves."

Celestia sat there and sulked. Gray Hooves asked, "Princess Celestia, so what did you do at the Gala?"

Celestia replied, "Well unlike in past years where I greeted everypony who attended the Gala personally, I made a sign that read 'welcome to the Gala' and spent the whole evening talking to Twilight Sparkle."

Gray Hooves asked, "Princess, did you see any interactions between the defendants and the victim?"

Celestia replied, "No, Twilight and I were so busy talking that I really didn't see any interactions between any of the guests."

Gray Hooves asked, "So basically you have no clue what could have happened? Had it not been for prior testimony today you would not have been able to with perfect certainty said that the defendants interacted with the victim at all. Is that correct?"

Celestia was getting flustered. She replied, "Well no, I wou-woldn't have been able to."

Gray Hooves got up in her face and asked, "Princess Celestia, do you think that either Rarity or Spike understand pony anatomy so well that they would know EXACTLY how to impale a pony as to miss every single organ in their body?"

Celestia was biting her hooves and replied, "Well no. Rarity's special talent is fashion. She is not a doctor."

Gray Hooves said, "I am through questioning this one."

Luna asked, "Does the prosecution wish to cross-examine this witness?"

Brown Mane replied, "Yes your honor."

Brown Mane walked up to Celestia and asked, "Alright, so you spent the whole evening talking to Twilight Sparkle and didn't see anything. Is there anything that you know of that may have caused the defendants to inflict bodily harm on the victim?"

Celestia replied, "Well given how bad Blueblood treated Rarity last year I could see it happening. Of course Blueblood has a lot of enemies because he treats everypony poorly."

Brown Mane threw his hooves up in the air and said, "Well your honor, I think this is all the relevant testimony I can get out of this witness."

Luna said, "Celestia, you may be seated." While Celestia was being seated she asked, "Does the defense wish to call anypony else to the stand?"

Gray Hooves replied, "Yes, I would like to call Princess Twilight Sparkle to the stand."

Twilight headed up to the stand and Luna asked, "Princess Twilight, do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth under penalty of perjury?"

Twilight replied, "Yes your Majesty."

Gray Hooves asked, "Princess Twilight, Princess Celestia said that you two spent the whole evening talking. She also said that she did not see any interactions between any of the guests. What about you? Did you see any interactions between any of the guests?"

Twilight replied, "Well no, I didn't. We were both in a place where we could not see any of the activities that were going on. We wanted to be able to talk, just the two of us. We did not want to be bothered."

Gray Hooves asked, "Princess Twilight, did Rarity tell you anything about what her and Spike did that evening or did she say anything that you may have found odd?"

Twilight replied, "Rarity didn't mention anything in particular but when we were getting ready to leave Princess Celestia asked us if we had a good time and Rarity said something like that she had such a good time that anypony would kill for. I found that kind of odd but I didn't find it completely crazy."

Gray Hooves asked, "So it was just something like that? It wasn't exactly what she said?"

Twilight replied, "Well it involved something involving a good time that anypony would kill for. I don't remember the exact words."

Gray Hooves said, "Your Majesty, this is all I wish to ask this witness."

Luna asked, "Does the prosecution wish to cross-examine the witness?"

Brown Mane replied, "Yes your honor."

Brown Mane walked up to Twilight and asked, "Princess Twilight, so you were with Celestia the whole time except for when you were going to leave? You did not see anything that Rarity or any of the other guests did during the Gala?"

Twilight replied, "No, I saw what Celestia saw, which was none of the interactions among the guests."

Brown Mane asked, "So when Rarity made that odd comment what were your true thoughts?"

Twilight replied, "Like I said, I thought it was kind of odd because that is something that would normally not come out of her mouth. Did I think she literally killed somepony, no I did not. I know Rarity can get mad and she does hold grudges, but she is not the type of pony to go kill somepony else over something."

Brown Mane said, "Ok, thanks for the testimony Twilight. I have no further questions I wish to ask your Majesty."

Luna asked, "Twilight, you may be seated. Does the prosecution have any sort of evidence that leads them to believe that the defendants committed this crime?"

Brown Mane replied, "Yes we do. We have Rarity's dress that she wore to the Gala that night which Celestia has said has a red stain on the red accenting. Celestia, could you give me the dress so I can give it to Princess Luna?"

Celestia replied, "Well uh, you see, I forgot to grab it when I arrested Rarity. Little sister, could I fly down to Ponyville and get the dress. I promise you that it won't take long."

Princess Luna replied, "First off, in court you refer to me as Princess Luna, your honor or your Majesty. You do not just refer to me as little sister. Second, pursuant to Equestrian statute 3.22.75s any piece of evidence that is not present at the very beginning of the court proceedings is not admissible in a court of law. So no you may not go and get it."

Celestia shouted, "BUT HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT THEY DID IT?"

Luna shouted, "ORDER IN THE COURT!" Luna continued, "Princess Celestia, I am holding you in contempt of court. Pursuant to Equestrian statute 3.19.88c the sentence for a first time offense for contempt of court is thirty days in the dungeon. After I read my verdicts, you will be taken to the dungeon to serve your sentence. Guards, grab Celestia, she is now classified as a prisoner."

Celestia shouted, "WHO WILL RAISE THE SUN?"

Luna replied, "Hey, you took care of the moon for 1,000 years while I was banished so I can handle the sun for thirty days. Now be quiet or I will increase that by thirty day increments using statute 3.19.88d pertaining to further offenses."

Brown Mane asked, "What does this mean your honor?"

Princess Luna replied, "First it means that after these proceedings are over Celestia will be hauled down to the dungeon. Second, since all testimony has been given and there is no evidence for me to have to deal with, I will now go back into my chambers. I will go over this testimony and once I have come to my verdict, court will resume. Court is in recess."

Twilight took flight towards Princess Luna. She shouted, "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO PRINCESS CELESTIA! YOU DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF POWER!"

Luna grabbed Twilight with her magic and replied, "Alright Twilight, I am holding you in contempt of court as well. You too will spend thirty days in the dungeon. Tell you what, I will put you and Celestia in the same cell so you two can talk all you want. Guards, grab Twilight as well. She too is now classified as a prisoner."

Luna put the two in enchanted chains, ones that they could not teleport out of and ordered the guards to keep them separated from everypony else. As Luna headed to her chambers the lawyers discussed the situations with their clients.

Gray Hooves smiled at Rarity and Spike and said, "I don't think you two have to worry about going to prison. The testimony overwhelmingly shows zero proof that you two committed the crime and given that they have absolutely no evidence, their case is laughable at best.

On the other side of the room Brown Mane looked at North Pole and South Pole and said, "Well I am not going to count on a conviction here. There is no evidence whatsoever that those two committed the crime. I have some advice for you two, no outbursts if she does indeed find them not guilty. You don't want to wind up in the dungeon with Celestia and Twilight I would assume."

Luna headed back to her chambers to go over the testimony and come to her verdicts. Rarity and Spike were just hoping that this would all be over before the day was over while Twilight and Celestia knew that regardless of how things turned out, they would spend thirty days in the dank, dark dungeon.