• Published 5th Mar 2014
  • 1,244 Views, 38 Comments

Rarity's Revenge - StormLuna



Rarity and her friends get invited to the Gala again and unfortunately, Rarity bumps into Blueblood. He is interested in her this time but she has other plans for him, plans that won't be pretty.

  • ...
28
 38
 1,244

The Prosecution's Questions

Everypony had gathered in the throne room when the bailiff, Gray Wings addressed the court. "All rise, court is now in session. The honorable Princess Luna will preside over the case of Equestria v. Rarity the unicorn and Spike the dragon over the charge of first degree attempted murder in the impaling of Prince Blueblood.

Luna added, "I have been filled in on the specifics of this court. Would the prosecution like to issue an opening statement? Brown Mane, the prosecuting attorney said, "Your honor, this has been brought to court because it is believed that Rarity the unicorn and Spike the dragon on the night of the Grand Galloping Gala, confronted Prince Blueblood, lulled him into a false sense of security and led him down to the dungeon where his horn was bit off, he was knocked unconscious and then impaled."

Luna asked, "Does the defense have an opening statement which they wish to issue?"

Gray Hooves, the defense attorney said, "Your Honor and Majesty, it is the defense's belief that these are merely wild accusations as there is no physical evidence to cause anypony to believe that the events which the prosecution described ever happened. From what the defense understands, Prince Blueblood had many ponies who hated him who may have committed this crime."

Luna asked, "Alright, now that the opening statements have been issued I believe that some testimony is necessary. Who does the prosecution wish to call to the stand first?"

Brown Mane replied, "Your honor the prosecution would like to first call North Pole to the witness stand."

North Pole headed up to the stand. Once he got there Luna asked, "North Pole, do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth under penalty of perjury?"

North Pole replied, "I do your honor."

Brown Mane asked, "North Pole, were you in attendance at the Grand Galloping Gala last week?"

North Pole replied, "Yes, I was in attendance."

Brown Mane asked, "Did you see any interactions between the victim and the defendants that night?"

North Pole replied, "Yes, I saw plenty of interactions between them. They did talk some, they were at the buffet together, they sat down and ate together, they went out and danced together for a while and I saw them leave the throne room together through a doorway on the back left side of the room."

Brown Mane asked, "Has anything every happened between the defendants and the victim in the past which may cause one or both of them to have some sort of vendetta against the victim?"

North Pole replied, "Well I do know that at the Grand Galloping Gala last year Prince Blueblood did shun Rarity and treated her poorly."

Brown Mane asked, "Last year, did the victim treat the defendant so poorly that it would have caused Rarity to want to kill him?"

North Pole replied, "Nothing that I could think of but then again I do not know either one of the defendants very well."

Brown Mane said, "Thank you. This is all I wish to ask of this witness."

Luna asked, "Does the defense with to cross-examine this witness?"

Gray Hooves replied, "Yes your honor." Gray Hooves approached the stand and stared straight into North Pole's eyes, intimidating him. He asked, "North Pole, so you say you saw the defendant and the victim leave the throne room through the door way at the back left side of the room? Do you know what they may have done afterwards?"

North Pole replied, "Well honestly I don't, they could have done anything..."

Gray Hooves interrupted, "So, what you are saying is that they could have parted ways after that?"

North Pole replied, "We-well yeah. I know there is an exit out to the back gardens that way...."

Gray Hooves got up in his face and asked, "So what you are saying that they very well could have went out into the back gardens and then parted ways?"

North Pole replied, "Uh yeah, they could have done that or they could have went......"

Gray Hooves interrupted, "That is all the defense wishes to ask this witness."

Luna said, "North Pole, you may be seated." Luna then asked, "Who does the prosecution wish to call to the stand next?"

Brown Mane replied, "The prosecution would like to call South Pole to the stand."

Luna Motioned for South Pole to go up to the stand. Once he got there Luna asked, "South Pole, do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth under penalty of perjury?"

South Pole replied, "I do."

Brown Mane asked, "South Pole, were you in attendance at the Grand Galloping Gala last week?"

South Pole replied, "Yes, I was there with North Pole."

Brown Mane asked, "Since you were there with your brother, did you see pretty much the same things that your brother saw? What he said he saw, was it pretty much what you saw?"

South Pole replied, "Yeah, pretty much. I was a bit tired that night but what I saw was pretty much the same."

Brown Mane knew that continuing to question South Pole would be pointless. He said, "That is all I wish to ask this witness."

Luna asked, "Does the defense wish to cross-examine?"

Gray Hooves replied, "Yes your Majesty."

Gray Hooves got up in South Pole's face the way he did his brother's. He asked, "So, you say that you saw pretty much the same thing. From the sounds of things, any rational thinking pony would know that you did not see the exact same things. What difference in events did you see?"

South Pole replied, "Well I did see them talking, eating and dancing together but I don't exactly remember if I saw them leave the throne room where the events were being held through that doorway in the back left."

Gray Hooves asked, "So, you did not see them leave the throne room? Do you think that perhaps they exited through opposite exits entirely?"

South Pole replied, "Well they could have, I am not really sure."

Gray Hooves figured that this is all he would be able to get out of South Pole. He said, "Your Majesty, this is all I wish to ask this one."

Luna replied, "South Pole, you may be seated." She then asked, "Does the prosecution wish to call any other witnesses to the stand?"

Brown Mane replied, "Yes your honor. The prosecution would like to call Rarity to the stand."

Rarity headed up to the stand and was asked by Luna, "Rarity, do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth under penalty of perjury?"

Rarity replied, "I do."

Brown Mane asked, "So Rarity, were you in attendance at the Grand Galloping Gala last week?"

Rarity replied, "Yes I was in attendance with my friends."

Brown Mane asked, "Was Spike the dragon among your friends that you were in attendance with?"

Rarity replied, "Yes, he was. Him and I did spend a decent amount of time together that evening."

Brown Mane asked, "Did the two of you run into and spend any time with the victim, Prince Blueblood?"

Rarity replied, "Yes, we did. After he showed that he was much friendlier this year than he was last year the two of us decided to dine and dance together."

Brown Mane asked, "After you finished dancing....OWWW my head, it hurts! That is all I wish to ask the defendant."

Brown Mane ran back down to the prosecution stand to get some painkillers while Luna asked, "Does the defense wish to cross-examine?"

Gray Hooves replied, "Yes your Majesty. Rarity so you and Spike did spend time with the victim on the night of the crime. How would you describe your interaction with him that night?"

Rarity replied, "Well I would say things went quite well. We talked about various things and he was very nice this year, much nicer than last year. A true gentlestallion if you ask me."

Gray Hooves asked, "Did the victim do anything either this year or the year before that would cause you to want to cause bodily harm to him?"

Rarity replied, "No, not at all. I will admit I was upset last year but I would never do to anypony what happened to the victim."

Gray Hooves replied, "I am finished questioning this witness."

Luna said, "Rarity, you may be seated."

Brown Mane interrupted, "But your honor, I was not through questioning her and I was unable to finish the question I was asking her."

Luna replied, "Brown Mane, you said that you were through questioning her when you ran back to the stand with your headache. Pursuant to Equestrian statute 3.21.43a you may not continue to question this witness. Does the prosecution wish to call any other witnesses to the stand?"

Brown Mane shouted, "NO!"

Luna replied, "Well then, court is in recess. When I return the defense will call their witnesses to the stand."

Rarity had a nervous smile on her face as it seemed that things weren't going so badly for them up to that point. Blueblood's brothers were not thrilled because they felt the defense had been far too aggressive in their cross-examination. Celestia sat there with a scowl on her face realizing that the defendants might get acquitted.