• Published 5th Mar 2014
  • 1,244 Views, 38 Comments

Rarity's Revenge - StormLuna



Rarity and her friends get invited to the Gala again and unfortunately, Rarity bumps into Blueblood. He is interested in her this time but she has other plans for him, plans that won't be pretty.

  • ...
28
 38
 1,244

A Better Beginning

One month had passed and it was the day of the Gala. Everypony headed over to The Carousel Boutique to see Rarity and pick up their dresses. Rarity saw them come in and said, "Hi everypony! I am so happy you let me make your dresses!"

Twilight replied, "Well of course Rarity! Who else would we even consider having make them. You are our friend and the best designer in all of Ponyville, if not Equestria."

Applejack asked, "Hey everypony, it is still a while before Twilight makes us a carriage and Rarity cons a couple of stallions into pulling it up to Canterlot, so how about we go over to the orchard and have some cider?"

Rarity's jaw dropped open. She shouted, "Applejack, are you kidding? The Gala is tonight and you expect me to go over to Sweet Apple Acres? What if I were to get dirty?"

Applejack threw her hooves up in the air and replied, "Y'all know what Rarity? I'm sure that my farm isn't any dirtier than your yard!"

Twilight shouted, "Girls! Stop it. Tonight is like a second chance to make up for last year. Fighting isn't the way to start this day out. It could be bad Karma."

Rainbow laughed, "Karma Twilight? That is a good one! Since when has Miss Rational Thinker believed in things like Karma!"

Twilight gritted her teeth but decided to not start fighting. She went outside and knocked an apple off of a tree. Using the same spell that she used last year, she turned the apple into a carriage. Twilight looked over at her friends and said, "Pretty neat, huh?"

Rainbow rolled her eyes and asked, "Twilight, you said that last year. Let me guess, you are going to turn a few mice into incredibly ugly horses?"

Twilight gave her a dirty look and replied, "Rainbow, as far as the carriage goes, you don't mess with what works. As far as those who will pull our carriage, I will let Rarity handle it."

Fluttershy commented, "Oh thank goodness. I don't want to see any of my critter friends go through that much trauma again."

Rarity interrupted, "Don't worry Fluttershy, I have the entire situation under control."

Rarity walked over to where Lucky and Clover were standing. Before she could say anything Clover asked, "Let me guess Rarity, you want us to pull your carriage up to the Gala?"

Rarity gave them a smile and replied, "Uh yeah, I was going to see if you would do that for us again."

Lucky said, "We will do it as long as that dragon doesn't whip us like we are stagecoach horses."

Rarity replied, "Oh don't worry. He won't do that this time. All I will have to do is entice him with one gem and he will behave."

Rarity fastened Lucky and Clover to the front of the carriage and said, "Now Spike, you behave this time. If you do, I have a nice tasty fire ruby waiting for you when we get home!"

Spike promised Rarity that he would behave and just let the two get them there in their good time. One hour arrived and they finally arrived in Canterlot from Ponyville. Spike opened the door of the carriage and everypony got out. They looked spectacular. Unlike last year, they didn't have sky high expectations. While they did plan on spending some time alone, they did plan on time together as well.

Twilight asked, "Alright everypony, are we going to have our together time first or are we going to split at first and then meet somewhere later?"

Fluttershy replied, "Well I think we should split first. I do want to go see if the animals in the gardens remember me."

Rainbow added, "Well Fluttershy, if they do, I'm sure they will run in terror. Just don't cause them to stampede again!"

Everypony else agreed that they should first split and then meet in the throne room later and then headed off their own way.

Twilight said, "Spike, let's go see Princess Celestia.....Spike?"

Twilight looked around and saw Spike up on Rarity's back as they were headed towards the massive buffet Luna had put together this year. Twilight thought to herself, "Hmmm...Well I guess they are going to spend some time together. Well off to see Celestia."

Twilight arrived in the throne room and ran up to Celestia. She said, "Princess Celestia! It is so wonderful to see you again!"

Celestia replied, "Princess Twilight, I am so happy that you could make it again this year!"

Twilight asked, "So Celestia, do you think things will be going better this year?"

Celestia smiled and replied, "Of course it will. I have set aside time solely for us to talk. I just put up a sign that said, 'Welcome to the Gala.'"

Twilight and Celestia sat at her throne and discussed affairs that are affecting Equestria and discussed normal, everyday things. While they were doing that Fluttershy was out in the gardens. The animals saw her and started hiding in the trees and bushes. Fluttershy saw this and got sad. She said, "I know I scared all of you last year but I PROMISE not to scare you or chase you this year!"

As hard as she tried, Fluttershy simply could not get the animals to come out of hiding. Finally she sat there and began to cry. Her meadowlark she chased last year flew down and landed in front of her. She looked up and smiled. She said, "Hello little friend! You guys see, I'm not here to harm you! I just want to visit!"

Fluttershy began talking more to the meadowlark and then very soon all the animals in the gardens had gathered around her and she was carrying on quite the conversation with them. While she did this Applejack had set up shop over in the castle courtyard again this year, and just like last year, she had Soarin' as her first customer.

Soarin' walked up to her apple stand and said, "Hey, I remember you! You're the one who sold me that awesome apple pie last year. I would like to buy another one!"

Applejack replied, "Why thank you Soarin' and just like last year, I know you will enjoy it."

Soarin' paid for the pie and devoured it very quickly. Other ponies saw the Wonderbolt buy the pie and very soon she had a whole line of ponies waiting to buy her treats. She was thinking to herself, "Wow, this year is going to be different!"

While Fluttershy was in the gardens, Twilight was with the Princess and Applejack was making money very quickly, Rainbow Dash was in the banquet room where she ran into Spitfire. Spitfire immediately recognized her and asked, "So Rainbow Dash, I see you made it again this year. Sorry about last year and not getting to hang much. I don't know where Soarin' is, but wanna hang for a while?"

Rainbow replied, "Sure! I'm up for that."

Very soon Soarin' joined Spitfire and Rainbow in an in depth discussion regarding racing and upcoming events. While they did this Pinkie looked up at the stage and realized that she could not do what she did last year. Without her noticing it, Princess Luna landed next to her. She asked, "Pinkie Pie, I heard about what happened last year and I tell you, I am so bored. How about both of us go up there and liven things up a bit?"

Pinkie looked up at Luna, smiled and asked, "Really?"

Luna replied, "Really!"

Luna picked up Pinkie and levitated her up to the stage. Luna shouted, "Ok everypony, I think it is time we shake things up a bit here. This is way too boring, so it is time to par-tay!"

Luna and Pinkie got some party music going on the record player while Rarity and Spike see Blueblood on the far end of the banquet hall. Spike asks, "Rarity, who is that pony over there giving us weird looks?"

Rarity replied, "That is our target. That is the pony who was so mean to me last year. After tonight, he will wish he was never born!"

Spike smiled at Rarity and replied, "Well I'm ready to help you teach him a lesson! I'm ready when you are!"

Rarity and Spike headed over towards Blueblood without being too obvious. Rarity wanted to eventually get to him and punish him for what she did, but she didn't want to draw too much attention to herself. Very soon she would find out that her target would be much easier to acquire than she ever imagined.