• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 1,856 Views, 56 Comments

The Most Ultimate Party! - OfficialDerp



Parties, parties, and more parties! This story is filled to the brim with parties! In fact, you might call this story one big party! It's... The Most Ultimate Party!!!

  • ...
2
 56
 1,856

One More

“Hey, that sounds like a great idea and all, but where are you going to stay if you stay?” Rainbow questioned.

“Rainbow’s right, you’ll need a place to settle.” Twilight stated rather clearly.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got that covered!” Seemingly out of nowhere, Cheese pulled out his giant party cannon, which seemed to have a small doorway carved out. “I’ll just stay in this thing!” He patted it on the side.

“Where are you going to set it up? Right here?” Pinkie asked, actually very curious to see where her friend would be residing.

“Nah, just a little off to the side…” Cheese pointed at a small area that had nothing occupying it at the time and moved his cannon to the space. “There we go! All set up!”

“Great! Hey, you know what this calls for? A party!!!” Pinkie brought out her own party cannon and shot the colorful confetti that was inside into the air.

“Uh, Pinkie? Ah hate ta rain on your parade, Er, party, but we just finished one! Do ya really think everypony would wanna come?” Applejack cut in.

“Well, at least you guys would want to come to the party, right?” Pinkie questioned, hoping at least one would want to.

“Of course, Pinkie! Just not today. We’re all partied out!” Twilight compromised.

“Well, of course not today, silly! I was hoping tomorrow!” Pinkie waved a hoof at them dismissively.

“We’ll have it here, correct?” Rarity asked

“If it’s fine with Cheese here!” Pinkie nudged Cheese with her foreleg.

“Yep! That’s totally fine with me!” Cheese beamed, happy that someone was actually throwing him a party instead of the other way around.

“Then it’s settled. See you tomorrow!” Twilight walked away. So did everyone else, except for Pinkie and Cheese.

“See you tomorrow, Cheese!” Pinkie called as she bounced away, smiling

“Bye!” Cheese called back. He walked into his cannon-house and sat down. It wasn’t the most comfortable thing in the world. “I need some furniture…” he looked around. “Ah!” he ran over to a large pile of confetti that he hadn’t cleared out yet, and soon enough he had a couch, bed, table, and two chairs made out of paper mache. He sat down on the couch gently, testing it to make sure it would stay.

He smiled as it supported his weight. He trotted over to his bed to see if it stayed up, too. Sure enough, it kept its shape, even with a fully grown stallion bouncing on it. That was all he needed to test for now. He yawned and stretched out his limbs, curling into a sleeping position afterwards. He slowly started to doze off, still excited about the events that were to occur the next day.

~~~~~

Cheese was woken up abruptly by the sound of loud party horns being blown. Of course, he knew what this meant and wasn’t upset. Instead he jumped up from his bed and zipped over to the door, a surprisingly wide smile on his face. He threw the door open and was greeted by seven grinning faces and a lot of decorations. Well, a lot for such a small party.

“Hey! Glad you finally came out!” Rainbow flew over, holding one of those little party popper things in her hoof.

“Isn’t this party fun?” Fluttershy practically whispered, not because she didn’t want to be loud, but because that’s just how she was.

“This looks awesome! Thank you so much! Normally I’m the one to throw the parties.” Cheese looked around at all the decorations that would’ve probably taken a good amount of time to put up, had it not been Pinkie decorating.

“Wait, so you’re saying that nopony has ever thrown a party for you?” Rarity seemed surprised by this fact.

“Well, that all changes today!” Pinkie popped up seemingly out of nowhere. How she did that, nopony knew. It was just accepted by everyone that that was what Pinkie did. “Now that everyone’s here, let’s get this party fully started!!!”

There were a bunch of fun things to do, like bob for apples or pin the tail on the pony. Those were just two of all the awesome activities that were set up! There was a dance floor, and they had even hired a DJ for the occasion! It was almost like a miniaturized version of the previous day’s party, except a lot more impromptu.

“Hey! You having fun?” Pinkie slid over to where Cheese was playing one of the games set up.

“Have I ever! This is more fun than setting up any party, no matter how fun it is!” Cheese stopped playing and looked over at Pinkie with shining eyes. “Thank you so much!”

“Oh, it’s no problem!” Pinkie smiled as Rainbow flew over.

“Hey, why don’t you join all of us on the dance floor?” She pulled the two ponies by their hooves over to the location where everyone else was dancing like there was no tomorrow. Even Gummy was moving his tail in time with the dubstep the DJ had so gladly played.

“How do you dance to this?” Rarity asked, enjoying it despite not knowing what to do.

“Just go with it, ah guess…” Applejack shrugged unsurely.

“I’ll show you how to dance to this!” Rainbow plopped down onto the dance floor and started moving about in a way that no one had ever seen before. She was moving her hooves around in circles, no, squares, no, weird shapes, and flailing around differently than how ponies usually dance.

“What are ya doin?” Applejack had a look of confusion as to what the hay Rainbow was doing. Rainbow stopped and said

“Come on! Just try it, it’s fun!” she smiled with those big eyes and weird squeaking sound.

On the other side of the floor, Twilight was dancing just as she normally would, or at least trying. It was still awkward trying to do everything she used to with wings. After a while, she gave up and went to stick her face in a tub and try to pull out fruit.

Everypony was having a ton of fun, including Rainbow who was still trying to teach Applejack and Rarity how to dance to dubstep, to no avail. The party went on for hours, which is only possible for a Pinkie party to pull off! Not a single moment passed with nothing to do.

Once again, not every party can go on forever. Eventually it had to end. Luckily, everyone got to do one last thing before they all left. Rarity had one more snack, Fluttershy sang along to one more song (as much as you can sing along to a dance remix), Rainbow tried one more time to teach everypony how to dance as the DJ played one more song, Twilight bobbed for one more apple, and Cheese and Pinkie played one more game.

“Wow, that was fun. I don’t think I can go to any more parties anytime soon.” Fluttershy quietly stated.

“You barely did anything. All you did was try to sing along with earplugs in. How does that even work?” Rainbow looked at her inquisitively.

“Thanks again, you guys! That was the best party anyone’s ever thrown for me!!!” Cheese had that sparkle in his eye that everypony gets after a Pinkie party!

“Don’t thank us; Pinkie is the one who set up the entire thing!” Rarity pointed over at the pony responsible.

“Yeah! We tried to help, but Pinkie insisted she do it all herself!” Rainbow floated above everypony.

“Aww, it’s no big deal! I throw parties all the time!” Pinkie knew that it was true, and luckily nopony found it suspicious that she had thrown a party right after one. I mean, she had tried to do that before.

“Still! Nopony’s ever thrown a party for me!” Cheese hugged Pinkie, so happy that she had gone through the effort to pull everything together for him. In less than a day, too! “How can I ever repay you?”

“Your thanks are enough!” Pinkie stated as Cheese let go of her. She kept her cool externally, but internally she was so flustered. He had just hugged her! She wasn’t going to forget that for a long time!

“Well, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m tired!” Spike uttered. He hadn’t talked much during the party, so when he spoke it was kind of a reminder to the rest of them that there were more than seven of them there.

“Spike’s right, we all need to go home.” Twilight spread out her wings, ready to fly back to the library where she stayed.

There were exchanges of “Goodnight!” and “See you later!” as everyone went home.

Pinkie was bouncing back to Sugarcube Corner, still extremely happy that Cheese had hugged her. It wasn’t like that happened every day! She hoped that she would be able to show him around town sometime soon. That would be fun, and everypony knew how much she liked fun! (How could they forget?)

Cheese was sitting on his makeshift couch, when he thought to himself; he should get Pinkie to show him around Ponyville. That
would be a great way to spend time together! It was settled. He would ask her to show him around tomorrow.

He just needed to think of how.

Author's Note:

Yeah! I know you guys have been waiting for Chapter 2 and now it's finally here! I plan on doing a weekly update thing, so stay tuned! I have so many good things planned for Chapter 3, so hold tight! Points to the first person who can guess who the DJ is!