• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 726 Views, 58 Comments

Silver Spoon on the Moon, and Other Short Stories - ocalhoun



A series of character sketches in preparation for a large upcoming romance story. Published as a curiosity only.

  • ...
3
 58
 726

Silver Spoon on the Moon

As I climbed my way down the ladder, preparing my speech, I noticed something white flying over my helmet. “Hey, what are you--”

Silver Spoon landed on all four hooves at once. “Ha! First on the moon!”

With a heavy sigh, I took the last two steps down, the long-practiced speech fading away. “Really, Silver? Really? Did you have to do that?”

“You bet I did.” She began bouncing away, “Now, are you going to help me with the experiments or not?”

“Just why do you have to be like that?”

She smirked at me. “I don't play second fiddle any more. I don't let anyone run my life.”

“Except...”

“Don't you dare! Don't you even dare!”

“Still, it does kinda seem like--”

She stalked away, her hooves kicking up little clouds of lunar dust. “I'm unplugging your air hose when you sleep tonight,” her voice whispered over the grainy radio.

“Silver, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to--”

She whirled around. “Well, then you shouldn't have!” Her lips trembled. “What my dad does is between him and me, and nopony else!”

I rolled my eyes. “Don't you think you should do something, though?”

“You don't know what I'm going through!” She stomped again. “Nopony does!”

“Well, if you'd just tell somepony, maybe they would know.”

“It's not that simple.” She shook her head and began walking off again. “You don't understand.”

I ran after her. “Come on, can we just move past it?”

“That's easy for you to say.” She gave me a sidelong glance as I caught up next to her.

“Why don't you run away, leave him?”

She shook her head. “He always finds me.”

“Come on, Silver. You can talk to me here. We're on the moon for crying out loud. He can't find you here.”

“He always finds me. He always finds out.” She ran, loping across the dusty craters. “Leave me alone!” A soft sob came over the comm, barely discernible, “...leave me alone.”