• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 1,234 Views, 68 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Dream of Darkness - Xx soul sorrow xX



In the Era of Starvation and Plague, Rarity must find a way to survive while finding love along the way.

  • ...
55
 68
 1,234

6. Reflection In A Puddle

Rainbow ran to the front office reception desk and saw that most of the police officers had left. Some of them were sitting there with donuts and coffee but that's all. One of them came up to Dash and said "Hey, you're not supposed to be here. Weren't you insane?"

But Dash said "Yeah but I took my meds and now I'm okay. Do you know where the keys to the rooms are kept?"

But the police guy ignored her and said "Hey... Do you have any info on who bombed the town?" Rainbow was shocked by the question and she ran away. She ran to the 23th floor and she went to Wing B and she went to the 8th room and she was at room F23B8. She stared through the tiny window in the door at her friends. Rarity sat by the wall and her eyes were swollen cause she had been crying. Derpy kept smacking the wall which was painted yellow bricks. She had her hat back and she had it on sideways and her ponytail in her mane came out.

Rainbow knocked on the door and screamed at them but the door was soundproof so they didn't hear her. This room didn't have a window unlike Rainbow's earlier, so Rainbow thought about a plan to make them escape. She licked the window and Rarity stared at her. Then Rainbow left and went to search for the keys.

Rainbow Dash went back to the main front office. The police offices were all gone now. They didn't get a new guy to replace Reginald so the redemption desk was empty. Rainbow looked at the desk that was brown and big. It had gnaw marks on the side so Rainbow must've chewed it I guess. Anyhow she went up there and she went to the desk. Rainbow climbed up the desk like it was a big fat mountain and she sat on the top for a while. Then Rainbow turned around and she saw what was behind the desk. It was a large board made of cork with some pins stuck in it. All the keys were on the pins!!! It was so surprising that Rainbow fell and she did a barrel roll onto the floor. The floor was typical white tile with some grout. Some blood and assorted stains were on it.

Rainbow sat up and stared at the board made of the cork. She looked at the keys and scanned her eyes down them emotionally. Then she finally found it: It was the key for F23B8! Rainbow grabbed it in her mouth and yanked the pin out. The pin poked her face and she said "ow." Then Rainbow ran with the key all the way up to the 23rd floor Wing E and the 8th room. She stabbed it into the key-hole which was hard since she used her mouth. Then she put her mouth on the handle and turned it so the door opened with a loud click sound when the lock hit. The handle tasted like metal and it was dull gold. Rainbow pulled it open and her friends emerged.

"OMG Rainbow you saved us" said Rarity breathlessly. She ran to Rainbow and Derpy ran to her too. Rarity fluttered her eyelashes and Rainbow said "um okay."

"Come on let's get outta this dump" screamed Derpy. They ran out and they went back into the streets. It had rained earlier so there were muddy puddles in the streets. The sky was dark like a smoke. There were tall metal structures around that were buildings. ``` Rainbow ran with her friends and Derpy had the sack on her back. They ran and they did it but Rainbow tripped on an old rock. She fell and she scraped her kneecap. Then she looked up and she cried. She cried all the time. She looked down at her knee and saw it was bloody. She said "oh man" and she got up and tripped again and she fell. Again. She looked ahead and saw a puddle with a dead worm floating in it. Her friends Rarity and Derpy galloped ahead and ignored her pain. Rainbow looked at the puddle with the worm and a few tears fell in it. Why did she have to go through this pain? Why was she the one who had to fall and get a scraped kneecap? Why did she have to go insane and go to war and get rabies and be a cannibal? Why did her friends abandon her???

Rainbow saw her muddy reflection in the water. The worm floated across the reflection Dash's nose. Rainbow stood up but she fell again. Her kneecap hurt too much to stand. So rainbow sat in the puddle with the worm while it started raining and her friends galloped off ahead.

The rain became strong and there was a mysterious music in the air. Rainbow sat in the puddle but she felt kind of dizzy as the rain fell around her. The worm floated off and the puddle became bigger and bigger. Soon it was a big ocean in the sea and the cerulean mare with the vibrant mane sat in the middle of it. She wasn't floating, yet the water didn't come up beyond her hooves. The buildings in the distance dissolved away and the rain pounded even more. Rainbow looked at the massive lake-like puddle she was in and saw her reflection. She stared at it for a while and blinked and the reflection did too. Then the reflection stood up and glared at Rainbow and walked away.

Rainbow watched the reflection go. "No, Reflection Dash! Don't leave me!"

But it faded into the distance like the buildings had. The rain pounded and it was heavy in sheets. The wind blew like a hurricane and Rainbow stood up and stood in the water. Rainbow cryed and her tears flooded the ocean of puddle.

Suddenly, a big fat wave emerged from the distance and engulfed Rainbow. She was under water but could still breathe. It wasn't that weird, being underwater. It was just more wet.

Then Rainbow floated down to the bottom of the ocean, looking off into the distance, searching for Reflection Dash. Where had she gone? The sand at the bottom of the sea was soaked and kind of squishy. Rainbow cried, but the tears mixed with the waters of the ocean. She didn't know what to do... She just didn't know what to do...

A bunch of bubbles suddenly appeared and wrapped around Rainbow's whole body. She started screaming underwater, but the bubbles brought her to the surface. Soon she gasped a big breath of air. The air was salty, and it had stopped raining. The buildings were still gone, though.

Gradually, the sea began to freeze. It started far away, but then came to Rainbow. She screamed and tried to swim away, but the ice chased her. She was frozen for a few moments, and then it melted as quickly as it had frozen. The sky was gray and hazy.

The smoke in the sky thinned. A light appeared. Rainbow blinked at it for a while. She then saw her mane and realized it wasn't wet. It must've dried because of the light, she thought.

The light came closer and closer. It got bigger and bigger. Rainbow floated in the sea and squinted because of its brightness.

The light came closer... It kept coming closer and closer. Soon the whole world was full of light and Rainbow was blinded.

Author's Note:

dreams
Thats ware ill haveto go
Just to see your beautiful
FACE anymore i stare at a picture of you
And listen to the raddio

...........oops sorry I like that song XD