• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 1,233 Views, 68 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Dream of Darkness - Xx soul sorrow xX



In the Era of Starvation and Plague, Rarity must find a way to survive while finding love along the way.

  • ...
55
 68
 1,233

1. Battles From The Past

The sun warmed and shined it's rays on the battlefield. It had been a normal field one day, many ages ago, but now corpses lay across the field like dead leaves on a windy autumn day when it's just about winter and there's a chill in the air. The sky was orange with a scent of death. Wispy clouds floated across the moon, high up in the sky with the burning sun. The clouds were pale and gray like a spirit, and they looked like lost departed souls floating their way to the after-life. Broken armor and swords were there and some deformed chunks of metal were embedded in the corpse's bodies. The smell of decay wafted across the field with a feeling of dread.

Alla cross the kingdom there was a starvation disease in the Era of Starvation and Plague. As the sky burned down and the sun was hot with the death in the air, a dingy pale grey coat appeared in the carnage. It had been white once, but now it was grey like the clouds in the sky of death. It belonged to a unicorn who had once made her mane and tail beautiful every day. But now, she was here to investigate the battle and the deaths in it, and her hair was all tied up in back in a sloppy sock bun. She sweated from the heat that blared down like a loud horn in the heat and humidity. Many years ago, she would care about her hair, but there was no need for such frivilous things in these days of war and famine.

Rarity investigated a corpse with an arrow lodged in the foot. She picked up the arrow with her magic, which was red, and investigated it. Maybe, just maybe, it could be saved for later.

All of the supplies were short in these days, so anything that could be salvaged from battle scenes was good to the environment. The cities were all polluted now, and mostly of the plants died long ago. That was in the age of Celestia... Now, King Sombra reigned.

He had killed Celestia along with her sister Luna many years ago and taken over the whole land of Equestria. Now, it was his domain, and death and war were everywhere. Starvation happened a lot in the streets, and ponies were dying and corpses piled up in the sewage. It was horrible times in the kingdom of Equestria.

Things had gotten way worse when they had just lost a war with the griffon kingdom. A lot of captives were taken and millions of lives were lost. It was a horrible and bloody war and many lives were lost to that noble cause. It was very costly to their new Shadow King, and it was a horrible era in the whole land... Not only for Equestria, but for the Dragon Kingdoms and Griffon Kingdoms as well.

Now, since Equestria had lost the war, the griffons had taken a large chunk of land from what had once been the Crystal Empire, many years ago. It was cold up in the Northern Lands, but the griffons took whatever they could and they thought it was a good idea to take over all of the land. Someday, Rarity thought in her heart that all of the world would be ruled by the griffons...

Soon Rarity saw a corpse that she recognized. It was her father, and he was in a pile of carnage. There was blood everywhere. It was gross. She remembered her father died in the war yesterday. It was long battle that lasted for six years of nonstop fighting and killing. The streets were covered in blood and there was so much famine that some people became cannibals to survive. Rarity wasn't a cannibal, though. She gathered her father's body and put him in a sack. She brought him to the old cemetery. Nobody had been there in years since the war. She cried real loud and cried tears of sorrow and she dug a hole and threw the sack in it and burried it. The last time her father and her had talked, they argued about Rarity going to war. She was a fghter. She could do it, she was cool. Rarity was the toughest of the bunch but was emotional and probably couldn't take all the killing, but she would have made a great warrior. Rarity sat there crying. She wanted to make a marker so she could remember where her father was buryed. She stabbed a stick into the earth and sobbed and started yell, " Why, dad. Why did you leave!!!!! I could have fight in the war!!"

She stayed there for a few hours and cried until her mother found her.

"Rarity, I've been looking for you. Get inside the annex before the fumes get to your brain."

Rarity followed her mom but didn't tell her about her dad's body. It would sadden her.

"Rarity, tonight we're having a guest over for dinner. "

"Oh, who is it."

"It's Derpy. She said she has some news for us. It must be important."

That night, for dinner, Rarity's mom made a moldy carrot and put it in some water. Rarity's family couldn't afford warm water, so that's just what they ate. Derpy frantically came inside the house. Her yellow hair was sweaty and cut short in a short haircut. Her mane was up in a ponytail and tied up with a rubber band which was kind of ironic since she's a pony. Her eyes were yellow-ish as always like mustard gone bad. She was born with messed up eyes, but now she was okay. She panted breathlessly and started to whisper-yell...

"Rainbow Dash escaped the asylum and is running around town like a maniac."

"Don't you mean MANE-iac!" laughed Rarity's mom, holding in a snicker.

Rarity smacked her mom.

"Mom, this is no laughing matter."

"I'm sorry, Rarry, I just want to brighten the mood."

Rarity stomped to her room. She hated her mom. She was so stupid and thought everything was a big fat joke. Sjhe was worse than Pinkie Pie was... before she died because she took an arrow to the knee. Pinkie had been Rarity's friend many years ago but now she was dead and it was really sad. My life sucks, thought rarity.

Derpy sat down, "That was the news. Rainbow is crazier than ever. After the war, they locked her up... and she got rabies."

Rarity's mom was like "Oh, that's so sad."

Then she said to Derrpy, "Can we help her??"

"Yes, we can. Her medication is in a cabinit at the asylum. If we can get there and take the medicine we can get her to normal again."

"I'm still sick with a fever so maybe you and Rarity could go. I wish you luck in your jurney."

"Thanks Pearl."

"Don't say my name out loud. Rarity must not know my name." she said.

"Oh, sorry. I forgot..." Derpy grabbed her dusty old baseball cap and knocked on Rarity's door.

"Rarry, come out. We have to save Rainbow Dash.'

It took a minute, but Rarity came outside and they decided to leave.

"Bye, mom."

"Bye, Rarity. Be safe. Don't forget to eat or you'll starve."

"... I know, mom..." A tear rolled down Rarity's fuzzy white cheek.

Derpy tipped her hat to Rarity's mom and they left and they were on their way. They left.

Author's Note:

hi guyz i gpt a neew amaxzing editer!!~!!! his anme is MontyTheToast and he's so super cool yeea I love him. I gpt a crush on him I found him on fimfiction and he volinterred to be my ederter yAnyways this was my frist time riting a FalloutQuestria story so sorry if i did smething wrong....... but if i did, don't tell me i'm stupid of messe up because thats not even Nice. enjoy the story but dont yell at me I will icknore all bad comments.