• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 1,233 Views, 68 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Dream of Darkness - Xx soul sorrow xX



In the Era of Starvation and Plague, Rarity must find a way to survive while finding love along the way.

  • ...
55
 68
 1,233

3. The Search For The Cure

Derpy gasped and started frowning. "Oh no... Now she can't be cured..." she whispered. Rarity started crying silently and some tears spilled down her cheeks.

Derpy hugged her friend. "It's okay Rarry..." she started to say in a soothing tone. But Rarity's words broke in and she said "No, Derpy! It's not okay! Rainbow trusted me to make her better and now she's insane and there's nothing I can do!" She started crying and sobbing loudly and Derpy tried to hug her and make it better. She said "Don't worry Rarity. We'll find the meds somehow."

Rarity looked up at her friend. Her eyes were yellow but they were soft and friendly-looking. Another tear rolled down Rarity's cheek. She said "What are we going to do?" Derpy stared into the blue eyes of Rarity and said "We can do it... I know we can."

Rarity stood up and started making her way to the window. It was big and cracked where Rainbow had busted out. It was late now, and the sky had become dark with dread. Only one star shined through the smog, but when Rarity looked at it, she saw it was really the moon.

Derpy and Rarity jumped out of the window. They landed on the streets below and brick pathways that were covered with grime. Derpy's wing was still sore from earlier, so she couldn't fly. Luckily, Rarity's leg had healed up right away. So the two friends sat on top of a dumpster and ate some food from the sack on Derpy's back. They ate some slightly moldy cheese and some lettuce and a beef brisket. Finally they were full, but Derpy looked in the sack in horror. She said "Oh no, Rarity. Now I'm out of food." She looked concerned at Rarity and Rarity was sad too. "What are we going to do now?" asked Rarity. She looked at Derpy in worry.

Derpy replied "Don't worry Raritty. I still have 3 bits left over, so we can buy more food. Also, we can go and dumpster-dive and pick out the good stuff before the rats and roaches get to it. I know a good restaurant in the streets over there." She pointed with her hoof and Rarity smiled, a rare sight. "Oh, okay, Derpy. Let's start with this dumpster we're sitting on."

"That's the spirit!" said Derpy and they jumped down. Rarity pushed the lid open with her strong legs. A dead rat was in there and Rarity kicked it. Derpy peeked inside the dumpser and said "If you find a gun you should keep it, okay?" Rarity said okay and they both jumped into the dumpster. The smell was so overpowering that it was powerful. Rarity said "ow!" and she picked up what poked her. It was a dagger and it was stained. Rarity put it in Derpy's sack to keep in case they needed to stab something.

They found a moldy banana peel and a cushion full of laser beams. There was also a broken light-bulb and some other stuff. But they did find some fries and Rarity munched on one to see if they were good. They were mushy and cold, but they weren't stale yet. It was a miracle that they weren't since they were near the bottom of the can. Rarity squeed because she was happy and then she said "Look what I found Derpy!" Derpy smiled and said "Good work!! Put 'em in the sack." So Rarity put the potato fries in the sack and saved them up for later.

They went to a market called Market Mart and they went there. Rarity pushed open the door quietly. The building was condemmed but a guy still ran a business in there. Rarity knew in her heart that she had to get her friend Rainbow's medications back, but for now they had to buy some food from the Market Mart just to survive. If they died before they got Dashie's medication, she would be insane forever and no one would help her. So they had to buy the food since it was the only way.

The door was made of metal and there was a sticker on it that said it was closed and unfit for the health of ponies and other beings. It was dark and rusted with some rusty dents in the material. There was a sign up above the door with some letters missing. It had been red once, but now, it was a pale pink with the sun-faded wood. It said "market". That's all. Except the R was missing and an abandoned bird nest was made in the E.

Rarity looked inside and saw darkness and some dark, dusty shapes of furniture. She did the secret knock on the wall and then a whispery voice said "Come on."

Rarity closed the door after Derpy followed, and the door closed with a loud bang. Rarity lit up the night with her horn and a light appeared that was from her horn. It was red, like her magic. Inside, a market could be seen.

A shady-looking guy was sitting at an old wooden table. The whole place was dusty and kind of small. Derpy sneezed because of the dust. The guy pony was wearing a trench cost and some sunglasses even though it was really dark. He lighted a candle and it was fat and waxy. The flame lit up the night and Rarity stopped making her horn glow. A pile of food was sitting on the table in front of the shady guy. He said "Oh, my best customers. What do you want today? I got beef jerky that just expired 2 days ago."

Rarity smiled at the guy since she had a crush on him. She said "Yeah, can I have that? We've got 3 whole bits." Derpy said "I like beef ahaha." Rarity smacked her and gave the guy 2 out of 3 bits. He handed over the jerky and they stuffed it in the sack. Then Derpy said "Got anything else?"

The shady guy who's name was Shady Sparkle stared at the pile. He said "Yeah, most of this stuff is overpriced and moldy and yeah. But since you guys are my bestest customer's I will give you a disscount. You can pick any 1 can from that pile for just 1 bit no matter what the price says Okay?"

"Thanks!" said Rarity. She walked over to the pile of cans. Some of them were all rusty but most of them were okay for consumption. She saw a can of beans and a can of corn and a can of tropical fruit. Derpy came over too and both of them considered the options. Derpy was about to pick up the corn but then Rarity screamed "WOAH WHAT'S THAT." She picked up a can of Spam that was buried in the other cans at the bottom of the pile. It was dented and it smelled artificial and processed. Rarity loved the smell. She said "Derpy we gotta get this!!!" Derpy said "okay" and they went and bought it. The guy smiled real big and they left. They slammed the door behind them.

Rarity looked at the new can and she loved it. Derpy shoved it in the sack and Rarity stared at it through the hole where Derpy ripped a chunk out earlier. The sky was grey with clouds and cloudy smoke. Rarity looked up at it and she said "I think it's gonna rain."

"Nope!" said Derpy. "Come on, Rarity. We gotta go and find that medication for Dash to make her better."

Rarity didn't listen. She said "I like that guy and I like Spam and he sold me spam so I gonna call him Spammy instead of Shady."

"Yeah, that's great," said Derpy. "Come on, Rarry, we gotta go." Rarity followed Derpy and they went to a big fat sky-scraper. It was abandoned and it was big. Some pigeons flew away and screamed when the two pony people approached. rarity busted the door down with her strong and muscular legs. It fell inward with a crash of metal. They went inside and Derpy found a box. She said "Look, it's a box."

Rarity said "Oh." Then Derpy climbed in the box because she likes boxes. Except the box ripped in half when she sat in it since it was too small for her to fit. A bottle of medication pills fell out when it ripped. Derpy gasped in surprise. She picked it up and ran to Rarity. "Look Rarity it's Rainbow's meds!!!!"

The bottle was orange and Rarity looked at it. It was full of some pills. There was a info sticker that said "RAIN BO JENNIFER DASG :)" on it. Rarity gasped. She said "omg it's Rainbow's pills!!! She must have hided them here when she wasn't insane!!!"

Derpy put the bottle in the sack and they ran away to find Rainbow and cure her.