• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 1,233 Views, 68 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Dream of Darkness - Xx soul sorrow xX



In the Era of Starvation and Plague, Rarity must find a way to survive while finding love along the way.

  • ...
55
 68
 1,233

2. In The Asylum

As Rarity and Derpy trotted down the street, the streets were scented of death and starvation. A dog lied in the streets with flies buzzing around a pool of carnage. It had been there for days.

They smelled of mildew and blood in the streets. Smog rose in the sky from a factory nearby, making bystanders cough. All of the buildings in the down-town area had barred windows and barbed wire on the gates. A burnt-down hospital was the sight that greeted them when they started walking. A car zoomed by with duct tape on its windows and a flat tire. It was dented and rusty and Rarity and Derpy hid behind a dead plant to hide from it. The police were always out, and always watching for a pony who might be breaking a law or two. Rarity didn't think she had broken any laws, but she wasn't quite too sure. She wasn't that sure if she had, but Derpy had a nervous look in her eyes and she sweated. They had to be careful and stealthy like the old ninjas of lore. They had to whisper and walk silently, otherwise they might get caught and get sent to the Town House, which had been a beautiful home once but now belonged to the city and was basically a prison.

Finally Derpy gulped in a breath of tainted air. She said in a threatened tone, "Come on, Rarry, the asylum's this way."

Rarity nodded silently and stared at her hooves. She saw a knife near her feet that was stained with blood. She levitated it with her magic, wanting to stab something to get rid of her bottled up anger flaring inside. But Derpy said "Come on, Rarry! We don't have time to waste!" with a concerned look and Rarity put it down with a sigh. She walked off and followed Derpy and left the knife in the dust.

They walked silently through the dingy and dirty alleys full of trash and some corpses. Graffiti covered the walls that were brick-colored since they were bricks. There was some gum and there was mud and blood and some dirt and carnage. A rat skittered around and Rarity stared at it until it ran into an over-turned trash can. Finally they escaped the alley and came to a rundown old shack that was falling apart. Derpy peeked inside and gestured at Rarity.

"Look around for some guns... We could shoot things if we need to," she said in a deep and threatening voice.

"All right... Do you need some food for our trip?" Rarity asked.

"Nope. I've got plenty in this sack on my back."

"Okay," said Rarity whispering so they wouldn't get caught. The smoke in the air made them breathless but it was okay since they had lungs of steel living in the city so long.

Rarity searched the shack. The floorboards were old and moldy. Underground a few corpses could be seen, and there was a stench of death in the air. Rarity looked in every nook and cranny but only found a few peices of broken glass and some empty shells. So she went back to Derpy. But then, a screaming sound pierced the air... Rarity gasped. She recognized the voice! It was Rainbow, and she would recognize the voice of Rainbow Dash anywhere! Even if she was insane now...

She looked outside the dirty window and saw Rainbow running in jcircles. She ran around wildly and sometimes she ran in ovals instead of circles. Her pupils were small like she was scared and a foamy yellow spit oozed from her maw. Derpy gasped and pushed Rarity's head down so Rainbow wouldn't spot her. Derpy kept an eye out on the blue insane pony.

Rainbow walked to a wagon and behind it was a pony girl hiding. She chased the pony and attacked her and the pony screamed. Derpy nudged Rarity to leave while she's distracted.

Outside, Rainbow ate the pony. There were sounds of screaming in agony. The best friends galloped together to another street, but Rarity tripped over an old shoe and she fell and her leg bled and she cried out in pain. Derpy looked scared but she helped her buddy up. But Rainbow had heard that cry, and she turned around and started snarling. She chased Rarity and Derpy like a quick speeding wolverine chasing down prey. That's what she thought her friends were now.

Derpy ripped a chunk off the sack on her back and some almonds spilled out. They were dirty and kind of stale but they were okay food. She frowned when she saw the food gone to waste, but she wrapped the sack chunk around Rarity's leg quickly and made a quick cast. Then they made a break for it and Rainbow was still snarling and pursuing them and they were chased for a few blocks. Finally Rarity said "I'm sorry Derpy... I can't make it... You'll have to sacrifice me."

But Derpy said "No! I'm not losing my best friend, not on my watch!" And she swiftly put Rarry on her back with the sack and flew up into the air. They flew for a while and Rainbow down on the ground looked confused. Then she found some of the almonds that leaked out of the sack and she started gnawing on them. Derpy flew quickly away but her wing suddenly felt like it snapped and she fell several feet. She screamed as she fell.

Luckily, Derpy had landed in a pile of dirt. It was okay since it was soft, and Rarity had gained enough strength to run now. She said "Thank you Derpy" and there was a growl from behind them. Derpy looked in horror and saw it was Rainbow!!!

They ran and came up to a building with a sign that said "Fat Man Coffee." Derpy and Rarity went inside and slammed the glass door shut. Rainbow licked the door and blood got all over it. She roared like Katy Perry and broke the door. Some shards of the glass got in her coat but she didn't seem to mind.

Derpy smacked her and Dash fell down on the floor. Dash screamed like a monkey and growled at them again. Derpy and Rarity escaped out of the coffee place and found the asylum. They went through the back doors and looked through a window in the front. Rainbow ran around looking for Rarry and Derpy but she didn't find them. They walked through the halls of the asylum. All the doctors were on they're potty breaks so no one saw Rarity and Derpy come in. Rarity took a deep breath and then she looked into the first room she saw since her leg was feeling better. Inside was a screaming guy who said "GO BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE" and Rarity slammed the door in shock.

Derpy and Rarity walked away. Derpy said "Come on Rarry we need to find a reception desk to know where Rainbow's room is." They walked around and found a desk but the reception lady was a man. He said "Hey, you guys can't be here. Everyon'es on their potty breaks right now."

"Sir, we just wanna know what room Rainbow Dash is staying in." said Rarity gasping for breath. It was really stuffy in that room and the air fresheners blasted artificial scents everywhere.

"Oh yeah. She escapeded. Her room is in F86E2."

"Oh okay, thanks. What's your name by the way." Rarity asked.

"My name is Reginald MacGorgee."

"Oh, cool. Thanks" The two bestest buddy's ran away and they made their way to Rainbow's room.

They went up 6 flights of stairs and down Wing E, 86th hall and found the second room which was Rainbow Dash's. When they opened the door, Rainbow had eaten stuff and wasn't there anymore. Derpy sniffed at a stain and said "She's eaten here." They found a cabenit, but the lock on it was missing. The cabninet was old-looking and old. Derpy smiled a sigh of relief and then Rarity opened the door. But then she gasped in shock.

"Oh no.... The medicine!" whispered Rarity. "It's gone."