• Published 24th Feb 2014
  • 1,345 Views, 97 Comments

NEWCOMER: Little Loo! - heavy weapons brony



After Growing up in the mean streets of manehatten, Scootaloo now aims for the skies of the next heavyweight boxing champion. (MLP and Punch-out crossover) 3/23/14 i officially Dedicate this to the memory of Button Mash R.I.P 2012-2014-HWB

  • ...
3
 97
 1,345

Glory Days

Author's Note:

okay let me say some stuff right now, i didn't mean for this part to be the whole chapter, or even to be this long, but somtimes i can't stop writing even for a second

One Other thing i forgot to put it into the last chapter this story takes place in 1975 (movie refrence) i will edit it this is just for the peeps who already read the first chapter.

Call it filler, i call it Character Development

their will be no "karate kid" type revenge in this fic, thats a bit cliche, but i may touch on the "manehatten masher" later in the fic but it woun't revolve around it

i acually tried to convay a little bit of feels in this chapter, let me know if i suceeded because its the first time i've tried it

The walk to Rainbow Dash’s home was a quiet one, Both Didn’t know one another, Scootaloo was a bit concerned, growing up around stories where strange ponies would pretend to be your friend, then lock you away in a basement for their own amusment. “A basement sure beats the hell out of living on the streets” Scootaloo thought to herself.


Rainbow Dash’s home turned out to be a grimey old warehouse just a couple blocks down from the section of manehatten that Scootaloo always called home. In it, was a living quarters set up much like a small apartment. Dash told Scootaloo to sit down while she put her groceries up. “listen kid, I’ve been looking for someone like you for a long time” Rainbow Dash said while putting her can goods in the cupboard.


“For what?” Scootaloo asked.


“To train” Rainbow Answered.


“Train for what?” Scootaloo asked.


At that, Rainbow Dash merely smirked, She put the last of her groceries away and motioned for Scootaloo to follow her. Rainbow Dash led her to the main floor of the Warehouse, When she turned on the light Scootaloo saw a gigantic room filled with training equipment, Weights,mats, a heavy bag, and a boxing ring. As well as some other things, like a steel tub and a wooden table with two chairs. Scootaloo stood in awe that a “far aged” mare like her could use these things, But Scootaloo found her observation to be false as with closer inspection, every thing had a inch of dust on it. Scootaloo further examined the room and found a faded poster on the wall, she wiped the inch of dust off it and read what it said.



Wonderbolt boxing champion!

1947

Rainbow Dash!


On the poster was a picture depicting a young well toned mare dressed in cyan shorts and wearing goggles punching a stallion twice her size , the yellow and red stallion was covered in bruises and sweat, while the cyan mare with a rainbow mane was untouched and wore a face of cocky confidence.


The sound of slow somber footsteps combined with the “tak” of a cane echoed through the giant room, Scootaloo remained frozen when a weathered hand touched her shoulder. “That was my first championship fight.” Rainbow Dash Said softly.


“You were a Wonderbolt?” Scootaloo Asked looking up at her.


“Yea, Hold on” Rainbow Dash said, the she turned and hobbled back into the living quarters.


Rainbow Dash returned with a large book and sat at the table, Dash beckoned Scootaloo to sit down as she opened the gigantic book.


“The Wonderbolts had been around even before i was born, They were formed during the first great war as a elite pegasi division. Used for recon and spotting artillery, One wonderbolt was expected to sneak miles behind enemy lines to scout out the area, no backup. Then Slip back out before the enemy noticed”. Dash Pointed so a faded and dirty black and white photo with a collection of smiling stallions standing with one another. “When the war ended they were afraid of their popularity fading away, so they began as a performing group for aerial acrobatics” Dash turned the page and showed Scootaloo a collection of old Black and white Picture of pegasi Stallions flying around performing stunts. “Ever since my dad took me to one of their shows, i Always wanted to be one, As i grew up they branched out into other sports, first just air racing, they quickly became the fastest fliers around. They quickly went to other sports, Football, baseball, and boxing, boxing now there was a sport.” Rainbow once again turned the page, but this time it was a collection of cards depicting stallions in matching blue uniforms decorated with lightning, and on their eyes were big pairs of goggles.The cards where for every sport imaginable.


Rainbow Dash Pointed to one card in particular. “Fancy Footwork, He was my favorite Wonderbolt, Simply because he wasn't afraid, Boxing back then was very dangerous, Ponies died in the ring all the time, but Fancy always said someone working on a tall building was just as likely to get killed as he was, Despite everyone's warnings he won 12 championships,He was the best!...Until” Rainbow Dash Stopped talking and looked somber.


“Until what?” Scootaloo asked, Almost afraid to.


Rainbow Dash Just flipped the page of the book showing a newspaper clipping.


The clipping had the Headline WAR! in big bold letters with a picture of three pegasi Flying through the sky Dressed in battle uniforms and carrying rifles. Below the Picture it said “Wonder bolts return to battle as what government officials are calling the Second Great War Shakes all of Equestria.”


“Every Wonderbolt was called into military service during the next great war” Rainbow Dash Explained. “Many of them didn’t make it, Fancy footwork Was killed while trying to evacuate Soldiers from a building when friendly artillery shot fell short and was about to hit it. Others died to, Shifty Shafer the football star, Star Runner the baseball star, Quarter Mile the Star Air Racer” Rainbow Dash choked up as she pointed to her card collection showing all the ones who died in the war.


“I Was only 16 when Fancy Died, I was devastated, Apparently so where the Wonderbolts. They Were never able to replace him, they never found some one who could, after the war ended the Wonderbolts went on for two years without a star boxer. After my 19th birthday i was sick of the Wonderbolts not having a star boxer, So when they were holding tryouts near where i lived in Cloudsdale i went, I had always had a passion for boxing. Ever since i discovered my special talent for it when i was small, i was at flight school and a bunch of bullies cornered me, i was tired of being bullied so for once i fought back. I Knocked each one out cold, ever since i wanted to be a boxer. Now it was the 40s, so mares weren't allowed to do anything, so i snuck in to the tryouts disguised as a stallion, i stuffed my shirt and shoes so i would look taller and broader. i announced that i was fighting in memory of Fancy Footwork, i got a lot of cheers from the judges for that. So i creamed everyone at the tryout tournament, everypony was shocked when i revealed it that i was a mare, but they were so impressed that they gave me a shot. I was made a junior Wonderbolt and fought as the first mare to box professionally in the 1947 championship. A lot of people were against me fighting believing that boxing was too dangerous for mare to do, that was the case, until” Rainbow Dash Smiled and leaned over to look at the poster.


Scootaloo looked to and asked “Who Was that?”


“The Cloudsdale clobberer” Rainbow Dash Answered with a look not unlike her's in the poster.
“He was the current Equestrian Champion, Didn’t even last two rounds with me”


“NOT EVEN TWO ROUNDS!!? Scootaloo Said completely shocked. “He’s twice as big as you! how did you even win?”


Rainbow Dash Smirked, “The Sonicrainpunch”


“The Sonicrainpunch?” Scootaloo asked.


“Its was once just a urban legend among pegasi, you got a taste of it went i ended those bozos in the alley, I performed it first when i fought those bullies at flight camp, no one believed me when i said i did. Not Even the Bullies themselves! I lost the ability to do it until my fight with the “Cloudsdale Clobberer” It seemed i could do it only when i was cornered, but with years of practice i learned to do it at will, see you can only do it when you have the confidence to do so. After my fight with the “Cloudsdale Clobberer” i Was given a full contract and became the first female Wonderbolt, As Well as the first Female Equestria boxing champion. And i held that title for 20 years.”


Rainbow Dash Flipped the pages in the album showing various pictures of her standing over knocked out boxers and holding things like belts, trophies, and giant checks.


“What happened?” Scootaloo Asked.


Rainbow Dash grew a angry look and turned to the last page in the album.


It was another newspaper clipping showing her, out cold in a hospital bed, With the headline.


“First female Boxing champion faces crippling victory”


Scootaloo looked at Rainbow dash with a confused look


“It was back in 67, The “Manehattan Mangler” challenged my championship, i had him on the ropes at the bottom of the 3rd round, the guy was a sore loser. He slipped off one of his gloves and knocked the wind out of me, surprised, i fell to the ground, and thats when he landed a foot on my back” Rainbow dash explained.


Scootaloo Gave her a confused look.


“The guy weighted 298 pounds” Rainbow Dash explained.


Scootaloo cringed at the thought that such monsters were allowed to compete.


“He messed my back up pretty bad, The judges said i won by decision, But it was a hollow victory. I was never able to fight again. But the saddest thing was the Wonderbolts disbanded after that. I had nowhere else to go. So For 7 years I waited for someone”


“Who?” Scootaloo asked


“Well, they say those who can’t do, teach” Rainbow Dash said, She then went over to a trunk that was fit snugly in the corner of the room, She rummaged through the trunk until she produced a pair of cyan blue shorts and a blue tank top. “Unless you have an objection?”


A mare who had lived through several decades ,fought countless ponies, saved her life, and in one hour earned her pure unyielding admiration. was now giving her a home and offering to teach her to reach the top for free?


Scootaloo just smiled


“Here” Rainbow said and threw the clothes at her


Scootaloo caught the bundle and kept smiling.


“Theres a cot in the far corner, get some sleep your training starts tomorrow” Rainbow Dash said simply.


Scootaloo Kept smiling and sort of “pranced” to the cot in the corner.


Rainbow Dash Slapped her hand to her face.