• Published 16th Mar 2014
  • 3,082 Views, 85 Comments

Discord's Choice - Rose Brush



Discord has strong feelings for fluttershy. The princesses know about it and now... Discord's a PONY?! AND CANT CHANGE BACK? Whats the reason behind it?

  • ...
9
 85
 3,082

Would you dance with me?

Discord and the other 6 ponies stood at the back of the ballroom, where the glass windows were, showing the exquisite scenery of the garden and a door leading to it.

Just then, a mare with glasses and a clipboard appeared through the doors and lightly tapped Twilight on the shoulder. He proceeded to show her something on the clipboard. Twilight looked at it, but panic and worry etched on her face almost immediately. She bit her lip. "Um there is a...uh... slight problem and uh I need to do something about it..." said Twilight nervously before rushing off with the other mare.

Discord took a moment to look at Fluttershy. How beautiful and adorable she was in her dress, not that she wasn't beautiful without that dress of course. She just seemed to glow with more perfection in that dress, probably because the fine details of that dress suited her fur colour extremely well. Come to think of it, her yellow fur seemed to sparkle with magnificence under the bright and striking moonlight. He tool a glance around the crowd and noticed a few stallions smiling at her. He scoffed and stared at them with fury, anger showing on his face. He decided to spawn an egg above each stallion's head. He then dropped the eggs causing them to crack and spill onto their manes. Since these stallions were unprepared with such a series of events happening all at once, they started to run around screaming like little fillies and trying to get the mess out of their mane. Discord chuckled quietly, then shifted back quietly beside Fluttershy, his one and only, true love.

Fluttershy looked at the stallions running around. She only knew one pony...or draconequus who would this for her. She noticed the stallions smilling at her before the eggs dropped and to know that he was protecting her made her smile. But she soon remembered how long he was away. Discord, She missed him. Oh Discord. I miss you She frowned. If Discord was far away, who would do such a thing for her?

Discord noticed her frown. He started to worry. He cleared his throat and asked,"What's wrong? You look troubled. A little pale if I might add!"

Fluttershy looked at him and quickly covered her face with her mane. "Uh I-I-I'm fine. I-I just miss Discord. T-That's all" She muttered under her breath, but loud enough for Discord to hear it.

"You mean the amazing and awesome lord of chaos and disharmony? " He said teasingly. Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash looked at him with the same disgusted look. He mouthed the words "What? I'm just trying to help!" They rolled their eyes and proceeded to clear up the mess that DIscord had made in the ballroom hall.

Fluttershy realized what she had said and to whom. He doubt for this prince grew even more. He's a stranger but somehow...I feel like I can trust him. Like someone familiar...but who...she thought to herself. She shook it off. He's a Prince. Of course I feel like I can trust him! Sher grinned a little to herself, but blushed afterwards, knowing that he was looking at her with such an intense glare."Y-Yes?"

"Ooh candy!" Pinkie ran over to the candy section in the ballroom in less than a second, knocking some ponies out of the way.

"Pinkiiieee" Rainbow dash moaned angrily, while trying to catch up with her.

Discord stared at Pinkie as she gobbled down all the candy, cupcakes and treats there. Fluttershy noticed Discord's distraction from her and took that opportunity to take a walk around the garden where she could just clear her mind or if she was lucky, see her draconequus friend. She quietly sneaked away from her friends and headed for the garden.

Twilight walked onto the stage and tapped on the microphone. "Testing,testing. Alright. Welcome everypony to this year's Gala!!! I'm sorry to inform all of you that there will be a delay for the wonderbolt's performance but don't worry, they will perform just after midnight. Thank you!" Twilight informed and left the stage and did a small little gesture from the bottom of the stage. With Twilight's gesture noticed, a group of ponies walked up on stage and started playing a slow song.

Rainbow Dash looked around. "Awww man! What am I supposed to do now?!" groaned Rainbow, crossing her hooves and frowning at the crowd.

"Ya' could...dance?" said Applejack pointing at the crowd.

"Dance?! I hate dancing! Even if I would want to dance, I wouldn't dance with these snobby ponies!" complained Rainbow while pointing at a pair of fancy dressed ponies, who looked at Rainbow with anger.

"Not even me?" a stallion's voice came from the sea of ponies dancing.

Rainbow immediatly turned around to face him."Soarin! I-I didn't...wait... shouldn't you be preparing for the peformance later?" asked Rainbow, a little shocked to see him in a suit instead of his wonderbolt attire.

Soarin scratched the back of his head nervously "Yeah...well i kinda sprained my wing. Its nothing too bad but they don't want it to get any worse so I'm not peforming. And you still haven't answered my question." he explained, reaching his hoof out in front of her.

Rainbow blushed lightly and took his hoof "Of course not!"

Soarin smiled and pulled her close. They swayed to the music together. Discord watched as Rainbow willingly took his hoof and danced with him.

Then he realised that him and Fluttershy has not done anything memorable but talk. Then an idea popped into his head. I should dance with her! Why didn't I think of that before?! This spell must be messing up my brain.

He turned to his left where Fluttershy was and got the shock of his life. She was gone! " Where is she? Where is she?!" he panicked, pacing around Applejack and Rarity trying to find her.

"Where is who dear?" Rarity asked. "Flutt-!" He stopped himself from shouting at them and took a deep breath. "Fluttershy" he said calmly although with a little bit of annoyance. Rarity would never call him "dear" and he wouldn't want her to start now.

"She's probably in the garden" staring at Big Mac as he was dancing with some other mare. A mare with a bright purple and lavender mane. She couldn't see her face or cutiemark as many ponies were destroying the view.

Discord looked at Applejack's direction and realised what she was looking at. He went down to Applejack's ear "It's Cheerilee" and ran out of the ballroom to the garden and smiled. He looked around and moaned as memories of him being turned into stone flashed across his mind like a speeding arrow but stopped when he heard beautiful singing from a distance followed by chirping of birds. His ears twitched a little at the sound as he followed the sound and saw her dream mare standing in the garden surrounded with beautiful flowers which didn't have enough beauty as her. Birds perched on her head, butterflies flying around her. The light shining from behind her makes her much more amazing. Looking at her makes his legs wobble. He quickly used his wings to balance himself. "You have a beautiful voice" He said walking towards her.

Fluttershy looked down and smiled slightly. "T-Thank you Prince Strife" She said timidly.

Discord placed his hoof on her cheek and slowly slid it down to her chin and softly lifted her head up and looked into her sparkling cyan eyes. "You don't have to call me that. You can just call me...Strife," It felt weird to call him a "prince". He wasn't actually a prince, then why call him that? "and Whoever the lucky stallion is, is very very lucky," He continued.

Fluttershy blushed at his touch. It felt so familiar. She looked back into his eyes. Those eyes....they look so....familiar... "...Huh? Oh...uh...I don't have a special somepony...um Strife", She said. Trying that name for the first time

Discord tried to hide a smile but turned away as he couldn't contain his happiness. The urge to jump around like how Pinkie pie does is overwhelming. He looked around to try to distract himself and remembered why he came here for. He took a deep breath and turned back. "Would you do me the honour of having this dance my lady?" He bowed slowly holding his hoof out.

"Uh...um...I-I dunno..." Fluttershy nervously said staring at his hoof.

"Why not? " Discod asked raising from his bowing position.

Fluttershy gulped and backed away from him "Um...I don't really know...how. A-and I don't really want ponies to see me. What if I mess up and they laugh at me?!" She explained shutting her eyes closed and using her hoof to cover her face afraid that ponies are watching her now.

"What about we dance out here. It doesn't look like anypony is out here anyways. At least the music can be heard through the glass panes. Just follow my lead. Okay?," He said giving her a warm smile and holding his hoof out again.

Fluttershy opened one eye and looked at his hoof. "o-okay.."

She grabbed his hoof and Discord pulled her close to him. Fluttershy squeaked at the sudden movement which made Discord's smile wider. He guided her left hoof onto his shoulders as he wrapped his right hoof around her waist and softly held her hoof in his and they both swayed in sync with the rhythm of the music. Fluttershy smiled as she got the hang of it."See its not that hard," Discord said softly, realizing her smile. "If you want to get a little fancy," He said as he twirled her around. "Eek!" Fluttershy tightened her grip. When she returned to him, He smiled at her, telling her that there is nothing to be scared of. Fluttershy opened her eyes and realised that there was nothing to be scared about. "I see you're getting the hang of it."

"Y-yea. I guess I am," she said proudly as she started to move around more easily. Fluttershy slowly rested her head against his chest as she saw several ponies from the ballroom do it thinking that it was a dance move. This action made Discord's heart beat faster than ever and blush deeply. Discord rested his head above her's and smiled triumphantly. SHE LOVES ME!!!! AAAHHHHHHHHHH He kept screaming in his head. Discord twirled her countless of times till the song was about to end.

He quickly leaned forward causing her to fall but his hoof around her waist stopped her from falling. Fluttershy squeaked again at this sudden movement. She let go of his hand and locked both hooves around his neck. Discord used his free left hoof around her waist, locking it together with his right hoof making sure she doesn't fall. He gave her a trusting smile which made Fluttershy relax. They looked at each other in the eye. Fluttershy blushed. Their faces inches away from each other. The song has ended but they have not moved at all. They were too mesmerised by each other. Discord noticed how close they were to each other. Should I or should I not? Discord thought as he was thinking on what to do next.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he slowly moved his face closer to hers. Fluttershy blushed brighter and slowly moved closer to his face. She felt her heart start to beat closer to him. She felt so happy to be with him although she didn't know him. She felt like the world stopped. She didn't know why.

"FLUTTERSHY!!!" a voice nearby shouted. Fluttershy and Discord turned to the direction of the voice."R-Rarity-Applejack-I-I- this..." Fluttershy stammered as she stood up. "Awwwww!" Rarity said as she and Applejack walked over to Fluttershy " Rainbow is lookin' for ya' sugarcube." Applejack said "Don't worry, you can have her back later Prince Strife" Rarity said cheekily as they both guided her back to the ball room. Rarity and Applejack shared a look and gave Discord a cheeky smile before entering the ballroom again.

Discord smiled dreamily and leaned against a tree nearby. He couldn't stop smiling. Once Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack entered, Luna landed next to Discord. Discord looked at her and immediately went tough.

"Oh stop acting Dissy! I saw the whole thing" Luna said kneeing him in the shoulder. Discord and Luna acted like siblings ever since Discord's reformation. Besides they've been through the same thing.

Discord rubbed his shoulder "Wait...you saw everything?" Discord panicked a little.

Luna smiled and nodded cheekily. "You know she really loves you right. I could see the way you two looked at each other. Clearly true love."

"Wait where exactly were you?" Discord asked, curious. Luna pointed at the tree close to Discord. Discord frowned "She's not in love with me. She loves "Prince Strife" not me...".

Luna shook her head " That's where your wrong. Fluttershy isn't like other mares. She cares about what's in here-" ,Luna said as she pointed to his heart, "-not all this" She continued as she moved her hoof in a circular motion around his face. Discord smiled and wanted to thank her but got interrupted by the wonderbolts, who were ready to start their performance. "Wait doesn't the wonderbolt's performance start just after midnight?" Luna said.

Discord shrugged. "Maybe Celestia was wrong!"

Luna agreed with him and shrugged. They both watched as the wonderbolts performed.

Author's Note:

Ok I edited already sorry for the long wait OTL