• Published 23rd Feb 2014
  • 4,293 Views, 56 Comments

Deja Vu - GunsNRoses365



Lightning Twister finds himself in a very familiar situation when he finds an abandoned colt and filly one night in an ally in Ponyville

  • ...
0
 56
 4,293

Chapter 2

Lightning Twister saw his house in the distance and began to slow down so he could land safely and softly. Once he landed in front of his house he looked back at the two children wrapped in the blanket on his back. The filly had fallen asleep during the flight. She laid against her brother's body as he kept a wing over her. Lightning smiled at the two for a moment as the colt began to wake the filly by gently nudging her. The filly eventually opened her eyes and looked at her new surroundings before laying her eyes on Lightning.

"Well, here we are." Lightning said to the two before opening the door.

Stepping inside the three ponies were immediately greeted with warmth. The children took of the blanket and Lightning let them off of his back before looking around.

"Scootaloo, I'm home!" he called out.

Stepping into the living room from the kitchen was the young beautiful mare that Lightning called his wife.

"There you are, I was starting to get worried!" Scootaloo said as she went over to Lightning.

She and Lightning kissed as the colt and filly looked at them. Lightning and Scootaloo eventually broke the kiss before speaking to one another once more.

"How are you feeling?" Lightning asked concern in his voice. For the past few days Scootaloo had not been feeling very well made Lightning very worried.

Scootaloo rolled her eyes and gave her husband a soft smile

"Lightning, don't worry about me, I'm fine." Scootaloo responded hoping he Lightning would relax a little bit. "I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to see whats wrong with me. I'm just wondering if your alright, you were gone for quite a while and I was beginning to worry that you might have gotten hurt. So what took you so long in getting home?"

Lightning said nothing instead he stepped to the side of his wife and revealed the colt and filly that were behind him.

"These two were the reason why I was so late." He said softly as Scootaloo stared at the children with wide shocked eyes.

The children stared at the mare in front of them, and the filly began to get scared. The colt stood in front of his sister in a protective position just like he had done when he first saw Lightning. Scootaloo continued to stare at them as her mind raced with a million questions.

"Lightning," she finally said, "Can I speak to you in the kitchen for a minute?"

Lightning nodded his head before looking at the children,

"We'll be right back, Why don't you both rest for a little bit on the couch." he said to them.

The children nodded their heads and went over to the couch. Lightning and Scootaloo watched them as The colt jumped up first and the helped his sister up, The two then laid down next to each other but they're eyes never left the two adults in front of them. Lightning smiled at the children before following Scootaloo into the kitchen.

Once they were out of sight Scootaloo began to talking to Lightning in a whisper so the children couldn't hear them.

"Where did you find those kids, Lightning?" She asked

Lightning let out a sigh and began quietly explaining what had happened a little while ago. Once he had finished, Scootaloo closed her eyes and let out a sigh.

"I couldn't just leave them alone, Scoots." Lightning said

Scootaloo just shook her head before giving Lightning a soft smile.

"I understand, Lightning, I'm not upset, why should I be when you were only trying to help them? I probably would have done the same thing if I had found them."

Lightning felt incredibly thankful that Scootaloo was as kind and understanding as she was. However the smile on her face quickly fell into a look of concern

"But, Lightning, what about they're parents?" Scootaloo asked her husband as he simply shook his head.

"I don't know, Scootaloo, I asked them about they're parents and it they started crying. Something must have happened, but I don't think we should ask them. I think it would be best if we let them tell us when they're ready."

Scootaloo nodded her head in agreement.

"Your right, Lightning, right now, let's just worry about tonight. Let's go out and see the children."

Lightning nodded his head in agreement. He had completely forgotten that neither he nor Scootaloo had introduced themselves yet to the children,

The two went outside and saw the colt and filly still sitting on the couch as they were told to do. Both Lightning and Scootaloo put on a smile as they went over to the children. Once they were in front of them, Lightning began to speak.

"I'm sorry you two, I haven't introduced myself to you both yet. My name is, Lightning Twister, and this is my wife, Scootaloo." he said as he motioned a hoof to the young mare beside him.

Scootaloo walked a little bit closer to the children causing the colt to jump in front of his sister and protect her. Scootaloo could hear a small whimper coming from the filly as the colt snarled a little bit.

"Shhh..It's alright little ones, I'm not going to hurt you." Scootaloo said sweetly.

The colt and filly were surprised at the kind tone in the young mare's voice. It was soft and gentle like Lightning's was and it made the two children much more at ease. The colt slowly stepped away from his sister as she began to calm down.

"What are your names?" Scootaloo asked only to receive no response.

Scootaloo was about to ask again but Lightning put a hoof on her shoulder to let her know that they would tell them when they were ready. Scootaloo smiled at the children and stepped back beside Lightning as he began to speak.

"Well, I know you both must be pretty hungry, how about we make you both some nice warm daffodil soup." he said to the children

The colt and filly smiled and nodded their heads. Lightning smiled and went into the kitchen as his wife followed him. They each took down a medium sized bowl and quickly made up a batch of daffodil soup on the stove. When the soup was finished they each put one half of the pot into each bowl before putting the pot in the sink to be washed tomorrow. They then went out to the children who were still sitting on the couch. They each placed a bowl in front of the colt and the filly. The children gave them each a thankful smile before each taking a spoonful of the steaming hot soup. The filly blew on the soup slowly before putting the spoon in her mouth. She felt a shiver run down her spine as the soup quickly warmed her still cold body. The colt did the same thing as he put a spoonful in his mouth and let the warm meal melt away the cold.

After a few minutes both of the children were finished with their meal as they both let out a tired yawn. Both Lightning and Scootaloo smiled at them.

"Well it looks like you both could use some rest after the day you've had." Scootaloo said to them. "You both can sleep in the guestroom. The bed is big enough for both if you to sleep in."

The colt and filly both nodded their heads. They colt got up first and jumped off of the couch. The filly tried to get off of the couch, but the she was too tired to move. The colt tried to help her off of the couch but he was to too tired and couldn't move her. Scootaloo smiled at the two of them and went over to the filly. She picked her up and held her before slowly flying her upstairs as the colt followed them up the stairs.

Once they arrived at the guestroom, Scootaloo put the filly in the bed as the colt hopped in beside her. Once they were both comfortable, she tucked them in and lit a small candle so the room a had nice soft glow. She then gave the children a gentle smile.

"If either of you need me or Lightning our room is right down the hall, okay?" She said sweetly to the them as they nodded their head in response.

"Alright, sleep tight you two, we'll see you in the morning." Scootaloo said softly before leaving the room and leaving the door slightly cracked.

Scootaloo then saw her husband coming up the stairs. Once he was in front of her he looked at the guestroom and the at her as she smiled at him. They were about to go to their room until they heard a small voice coming from the guestroom. Peeking into the room, they saw the colt gently stroking his sisters mane and was softly singing a lullaby to her, as she laid her head against his chest while sleeping soundly. Lightning and Scootaloo both smiled at the scene as they listened to the colts lullaby.

(The Crying Song belongs to Pink Floyd)

Once the colt was finished singing he fell asleep quickly as Lightning and Scootaloo continued to smile before leaving the room. They then went to their bedroom as Scootaloo got into the bed and waited for her husband. Lightning laid down beside and pulled the covers over both of them.

"Lightning, what are we going to do about the children?" Scootaloo asked her husband

Lightning simply shook his head before saying, "I don't know, Scootaloo."

"Well, we can't just let them go back out onto the streets." Scootaloo quickly said.

Lightning just nodded his head.

"I know we can't do that, Scootaloo, I'm sure we'll think of something. Lets talk about this in the morning, okay?" he said with a soft smile on his face.

Scootaloo softly smiled as well and nodded her head. She then gave her husband a gentle kiss on the lips before snuggling up against him. She rested her head underneath his chin and began to fall asleep with a smile on her face. Lightning soon fell asleep with smile on his face as he held his wife close to him. Everyone in the house then slept peacefully under the warm, comforting glow of the pale moonlight.