• Published 1st Mar 2014
  • 1,029 Views, 30 Comments

Poor Little Rich Pony - Ugly-Duckling123



After a storm, Diamond Tiara's house is out of power, so she has to stay with the Apple's

  • ...
20
 30
 1,029

Chapter 3

Applejack was inside the barn checking up on the animals, seeing if they were alright after last night. Everyone looked fine. No one hurt in any obvious way, no one acting strange.

Then she saw her horse hadn't eaten her oats yet. And her tummy a bit bigger than normal.

"What's wrong girl?" Applejack asked reaching out to pat Nutmeg to comfort her. But Nutmeg only shook her head and walked away and sat down. Then she turned to Mac's horse Appleseed, re-named after the siblings father.

"Hey boy," Applejack said patting him on the nose smiling. "Any idea whats wrong with Nutmeg? Humm...?" Blinking the horse said nothing, just playfully butted Applejack's side.

"Oh well," Applejack said turning around. "Hope you get better girl. Take good care of her Appleseed." And with that Applejack left the barn in time to see the tractor pull up.

Walking up to greet everyone coming out of the tractor, she got an idea. "Hey Mac," she called.

"Yep?" he asked unhooking the trailer and pushing it into the second barn used for material storage.

"Do you still have Fluttershy's number?"

A pause came over Big Mac but he shook it off. "Why?" he asked closing the doors.

"I'd like to ask her something," Applejack answered "Nutmeg's not been eating as much lately, but her tummy's getting bigger, and just now when I tried to pat her she walked away. Appleseed says he doesn't know whats wrong with her, so I'd like to ask someone who might."

"Well, ok," Big Mac said locking the barn door. "But with those symptoms, it sound to me like...."

"DINNER!" someone called from the porch attracting everyone's attention.

"I'll give it to you later sis, the number and my idea." Mac said walking with his sister back to the farm house.

"So did you tell Bloom about Fancy Pants?"

"Yep,"

"How did she take it?"

"Same way I did when pa told me to give Fancy a try." Mac smiled nicking his sisters hat and making her chase him to the house.


"Thanks for the dinner Granny Smith," Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo said cheerfully after the plates were cleared away.

"No problem dears," Granny Smith said putting the left over pie in the fridge.


"See you guys on Monday then," Apple Bloom said walking her friends to the gate to see them off.

"Good luck with Diamond Tiara, Apple Bloom" Scootaloo said pushing her scooter a long.

"Thanks."

"Hey there may be a chance you two can become friends."

"Sweetie," Apple Bloom said "I think it will take more than a few days for any of us to become friends with Diamond Tiara."

*

In side the house Granny Smith was showing Filthy Rich and Diamond Tiara where they'd be sleeping.

"Here we are," Granny Smith said opening the door to revel a medium sized room with two single beds and one window. "This used to be Appleseed's and Honey-Crisp's room." Granny Smith explained switching on the light and showing them a family picture of the Ponyville Apple Family (minus Apple Bloom).

Diamond Tiara wanted to ask what happened, but had a feeling that that wasn't a very polite question to ask.

"Well hope you both will be comfy, good night." she said walking out the room her eyes slightly wet.

"Thank you Granny Smith," Filthy Rich said going over to one of the beds and unpacking.

"Daddy," Tiara asked still looking at the picture "How long do you think we'll be here?"

"Hard to say sweetie," Filthy Rich said undoing his tie.

"Did... Did you have an Apple Bloom, Daddy?" Diamond Tiara asked finally looking away in time to see her father pause for a second trying to understand the question. Then smiling he said.

"Yes, yes I did."

"Can you tell me about them?" she said yawning a little.

"Maybe later, now's a time for bed," Filthy Rich said pulling back the covers on the other bed and helping a tired Tiara into her PJ's and tucking her in.

After that he turned to the picture.

"I sure do appreciate you taking me in again Appleseed." sighing he turned off the light and went to bed himself.


Downstairs Mac and Applejack were talking about Nutmeg.

"So big brother," Applejack began "What were you going to say was wrong with my horse?"

"Well you probably wont believe me until Fluttershy says so too, but I think Nutmeg's pregnant." Mac said pulling out his wallet and handing his sister Fluttershy's number.

"Yeah right big brother," she said snatching the number up and walking over to the phone and started punching the number in.

"Ok I wager one week of doing the others chores that she is pregnant." Big Mac said grinning.

"Fine by me brother," Applejack said shaking Mac's hand as the pone began to ring.

"Hello," the voice on the other end said.

"Hey Fluttershy, it's Applejack. I'd like to ask you something about Nutmeg if that's alright." Applejack said.

"Oh that's fine,"

"Well...."

5 mins later

"You sure," Applejack asked "You're absolutely sure?"

"Yes," Fluttershy said happily. "I'll come over tomorrow to see if she's ok. Ok?"

"Yeah that's fine. Bye." Applejack hung up the phone, sat down and placed her face in her hands.

Just then Apple Bloom came in.

"Something wrong sis?" she asked.

"Maybe Apple Bloom," Big Mac said leaning back in his chair hands behind his head. "So what did she say Applejack."

Glaring at her brother a little Applejack turned to Bloom. "Nutmeg's pregnant,"

"Oh my gosh that's great news!" Apple Bloom said smiling.

"Sort of," Applejack said returning placing her head into her hands.

"What do you mean?"

"Before dinner AJ told me about Nutmeg and asked for Fluttershy's number to ask her." Big Mac explained. "After hearing what was wrong I had a feeling that this would be the answer, but ole AJ the Stubborn didn't believe me."

"So?"

"So we made a bet that the loser would do the others chores for a week," Applejack said groaning a little.

"Well that was silly sis," Apple Bloom said smiling. "Everyone know Mac's the one to follow in ideas like these." she said hugging her sister.

"Thank you Apple Bloom." Mac said putting his wallet away again and getting up. "Well good night you two." he said then went to bed.

After a while Apple Bloom asked the same one she asked Mac earlier. "Sis, does every Apple have an opposite they become friends with?"

"Why are you asking that Sugarcube?" Applejack asked getting a glass of water.

"Well, it's just Big Mac told me about how he had someone called Fancy Pants who was in the same position as Diamond Tiara is now, and how you had Rarity, and you all became friends." Apple Bloom explained sitting at the table.

"So... Did Ma and Pa have Diamond Tiaras too?" she asked.

"I don't know Sugarcube." Applejack said carrying her sister upstairs to put her to bed.

"Sis," Apple Bloom asked as they passed the guest room. "What happened to them? Why... Why aren't they here now?" she asked tears slightly in her eyes.

"I think that's story for another time Apple Bloom," Applejack said helping Apple Bloom get to bed.

"Sis," Apple Bloom said yawning as she was being tucked in.

"Yeah?"

"Did you really make that bet with Mac?"

Sighing Applejack kissed her sister on the forehead and said "Yes. Yes I did."

Smiling Apple Bloom turned over "Night sis."

"Night Apple Bloom." Applejack said walking out the room.