• Published 1st Mar 2014
  • 1,026 Views, 30 Comments

Poor Little Rich Pony - Ugly-Duckling123



After a storm, Diamond Tiara's house is out of power, so she has to stay with the Apple's

  • ...
20
 30
 1,026

Chapter 5

"Want to think of some names to call the foal then Apple Bloom?" Applejack asked when they were all inside eating lunch.

"Does that mean it will be mine?" Bloom asked eyes twinkling.

"We'll see what the parents want first," Mac said chuckling at his sisters excitement.

"Someone will need to watch Nutmeg for the next few days," Fluttershy said. "Someone that Appleseed trusts so he will let them see her."

"I can do that," Apple Bloom stuck up her hand.

"Er... ok," Fluttershy said silently asking Mac and Applejack if it was fine. "But remember Apple Bloom, when you go see her, you need to move slowly, and quietly, so is not to disturb, or scare her. A stallion will do anything if he thinks something is attacking it's mare."

"Just like Pa." Applejack said pouring herself some juice.

"What?" Apple Bloom asked

"Wha...?" Applejack asked looking up, everyone staring at her.

"You said something after Fluttershy explained a stallion will do anything if he thinks something is attacking it's mare." Apple Bloom said.

Applejack looked up to Mac to see if he agreed if now was the right time to tell their sister an old story.

"Apple Bloom, you remember how you asked last night 'What happened to Ma and Pa?" Applejack asked sitting down and taking her hat off.

"Yeah..." Apple Bloom answered not knowing if she wanted to know where this was going.

"Well when we were younger," Big Mac began the story...

"We were on the way home from an Apple Family Reunion, Granny Smith had gone home already. It was late and the moon had already risen. We were nearly home when the car got a flat tire. Ma and Pa went out to see the damage and fix it. After a while we heard wolves howling. Out of the forest came four wolves all staring at us as if knowing we couldn't escape."

"Ma let us out took our hands and we ran as fast as we could away from them while Pa fought them so we could get away." Applejack continued. "We all stayed up all night waiting for Pa to return home... But he never did. The next morning Ma and some other friends and family, went along the road we went down the night before." Applejack paused because the tears were affecting her speech.

So Mac finished. "But all they found was the car and his hat." he pointed to the hat on the table.

"A few months later," Applejack said free from tears now, "Ma died while having you."

"So... So Ma's dead because of me?" Apple Bloom asked eyes wet with tears of her own.

"No..." Applejack got off the chair and hugged her sister as tight as she could. "The doctors said that she was so tried from grieving over Pa, that she didn't have enough energy to make it after you were born."

Sniffing Apple Bloom pulled away from Applejack, both faces equally as wet with tears.

"Sis," she said "Can... Can I go back out to see Nutmeg?"

"Of course Sugarcube." Applejack said getting up seeing her sister leave the kitchen.

Diamond Tiara and Fluttershy had tears in their eyes too.

"Did... Did that really happen AJ?" Fluttershy asked holding Mac's hand for comfort.

All Applejack did was sigh and nod replacing her hat back onto her head, and walking out the door to continue with the chores.


Apple Bloom was in the barn sitting on her favorite straw bench. Whenever she was upset, angry or afraid, she would come in here. She didn't know how or why, but the animals always made her feel better. 'It might have something to do with you can talk freely to them,' she said to her self one day. But today... she didn't really feel like talking.

*

Diamond Tiara was in the guest room, she didn't know the Apples had things like this. She had taken down the family picture taking a better look. She noticed that Apple Bloom had the same eyes as her dad, and hair like her mother.

Suddenly her dad walked in. He had been in town helping with the shopping as a token of thanks to the family. "Why so glum Princess?" he asked seeing his daughter looked upset.

"Dad, what happened to mum?" was the answer she got.

"Why do you ask that?" he asked sitting next to his daughter.

"Applejack and Big Mac just told Apple Bloom about how their dad fought off wolves to save his family, and that their mum died having Bloom," Tiara explained "So I... I want to know what happened to mum... Please." she said looking at her dad.

Seeing his daughter was upset already Filthy Rich went with the sort story. "It was rainy, she went out for a drive." he said hugging Diamond Tiara.

"Was... Was she nice?" Tiara couldn't help asking that.

"Yes she was," Filthy Rich said smiling.

*

Big Mac was walking Fluttershy home. He said it was because it was getting dark, but she didn't mind either way.

Because they were both shy, and being around the other one made them even more shy, not a lot was said between them. As they got to Fluttershy's veterinary clinic, that was next door to her house, Mac started a conversation.

"Er... Thank you again, Fluttershy for you know, checking up on Nutmeg." He said adverting his eyes away from Fluttershy, as she looked at him.

"You're welcome," she said blushing a bit hiding behind her hair. Mac loved it when she did that. It made her look even more beautiful. "Erm... I'm sorry for what happened to your parents. Were... Were they nice?" she said not knowing what to say.

Knocking Mac back to his senses he said "Yep. Sometimes I wish Bloom could have met them though." he said.

"Would... Would you like to come in for some tea, Big Mac?" Fluttershy asked opening the doors to let herself and Mac in.

"If you wouldn't mind brewing me some," Mac said ears turning a little pink as he followed Fluttershy inside.


Back in the barn Apple Bloom had fallen asleep, she had pulled a blanket over herself and Nutmeg, after asking Seed if it was ok to do so, and was sleeping next to her.

The sun had gone down before Applejack came in to see what was taking her sister so long to come to dinner.

Seeing Apple Bloom asleep she smiled. Not wanting to disturb any dreams she was having Applejack just fed the animal's as quietly as she could, told Appleseed to watch over both her and Nutmeg and went back to the house.

"Did you find out what was keeping Bloom then child?" Granny Smith asked as Applejack came back in.

"She's sleeping with Nutmeg," was the answer Applejack gave taking off her hat and sitting down. "Any idea why Mac's late?"

"He was walking Fluttershy home," Diamond Tiara said sitting next to her dad.

"But that was hours ago," Applejack said. "As long as Bloom was out in that barn."

The front door opened and heavy foot steps came into the kitchen.

"Well look who it is..." Applejack said.

"Hey," Mac said smiling.

"So why so late home brother?" Applejack asked looking Mac up and down.

"I stayed around Fluttershy's a bit to have that cup of tea she wanted to give me for walking her home." Mac explained.

"Uh huh..." Applejack said not believing her brother.

"I did..." Mac said glaring at his sister.

"Ok enough of that you two," Granny Smith said stopping the fight. "Lets just have dinner."