• Published 1st Mar 2014
  • 1,027 Views, 30 Comments

Poor Little Rich Pony - Ugly-Duckling123



After a storm, Diamond Tiara's house is out of power, so she has to stay with the Apple's

  • ...
20
 30
 1,027

Chapter 8

Ten minutes later, Mac was leading Appleseed, with a slightly worried Fluttershy on top, out to the fields for the ride that Appleseed suggested.

"You ok up there Fluttershy?" Mac asked as they got there.

"Yes," Fluttershy said trying not to look down.

"If you're nervous we can turn back," Mac said noticing how scared Fluttershy looked.

But Appleseed just shook his head and bumped Mac on the shoulder again.

"What now Seed?" Mac asked trying to calm him down.

"Oh no Appleseed he doesn't have to do that," Fluttershy said rubbing Appleseed's neck.

"Do what?" Mac asked looking between the two, before Appleseed bumped into him again.

"Er... He's suggesting you come up here to to protect me from from falling off..." Fluttershy said blushing again.

Mac looked from Appleseed to Fluttershy and back.

"Would you... er... be alright with that?" Mac asked rubbing the back of his neck not looking Fluttershy in the eye.

"Just do it already," Applejack's voice rang out across the fields making everyone turn their heads back to the barn where the others were watching the two of them.

"Alright! Sheesh!" Mac called back and got on behind Fluttershy and took hold of the reins. After a few seconds when he thought his owner was ready, Appleseed started galloping off as fast as he could.

"Appleseed, what are you doing?" Mac called out over Fluttershy's screams of terror, trying to pull at the reins to now affect.

"Where are we going?" Fluttershy asked as Appleseed started running into the forest that was next to Sweet Apple Acres.

"Appleseed stop," Mac said "We got to get back," But neither of theses worked as Appleseed was still galloping.

After a few minutes, Appleseed started to slow down, looking around as if searching for something.

Fluttershy was leaning into Mac her hands over her face.

"Is... Is it over?" she asked looking up.

"Sort of..." Mac said still holding the reins so he couldn't comfort her at the moment.

Suddenly, Appleseed stopped as he come to a clearing, and looked at the people on his back.

"It's beautiful..." Fluttershy said eye's widening.

There were trees all around making it seem as if this was a secret hide away, a small stream was flowing though. The grass was green with all kinds of flowers growing all around, bees and butterflies flying amongst them.

Mac got down and helped Fluttershy off Appleseed.

"Where are we?" she asked when she was down.

"I don't know," was Mac's answer.

Appleseed went off to one of the trees calling the two over.

In the bark there was two sets of initials within a arrow struck heart.

"ASA, and HC?" Fluttershy asked looking up at Mac.

"No idea," Mac said trying to pull Appleseed away. "Come on... Appleseed, we have to go home,"

"Appleseed, that's it," Fluttershy said eyes widening, then started to blush.

"Huh?" Mac asked giving up on his horse.

"ASA, um, I think might be your dad... Appleseed Apple." Fluttershy said grabbing her hair.

"Which means... HC is..." Mac said slowly putting the pieces together.

"Honey-Crisp," a voice said behind them, making Mac and Fluttershy spin around, to see Filthy Rich coming into the clearing.

"This was their er... secret hide away." Filthy Rich explained. "Appleseed and I stumbled across it one day when we were playing hide and seek, a few summers after we became friends."

"So how did my Appleseed know about it?" Mac asked looking at his horse who was eating the grass to stay out of the conversation.

"Your Appleseed was actually your fathers horse first, and they would always take Honey-Crisp out on short dates when you and Applejack were at school, or at night. I guess he just thought you two would like to see it." Filthy Rich said as he turned and walked away, leaving the two standing there.


Back at the house Applejack was at a cross road wondering wither she should go after Mac and Fluttershy or not.

On the one hand, going out to look for them to see if they were alright, would be what a sister and friend did. On the other Nutmeg didn't want to leave her foal.

"You think their alright," Apple Bloom said still a little shocked that Appleseed would do something like this.

"I'm sure they're fine child," Granny Smith said smiling a little after hearing the story of what happened to her grandson and Fluttershy.

Diamond Tiara was still out in the barn helping Nutmeg look after her unnamed foal.

"You know something about this don't ya Granny?" Applejack said noticing Granny's smile.

"I'm sure their just out on a romantic ride though the forest dear," Granny Smith said.

"Not to say you're wrong Granny," Applejack said slowly trying not to upset her grandmother, "But the way he took of like that, didn't seem all that romantic..."

Just then Filthy Rich came into the kitchen the same smile on his face as Granny's.

"They found it then?" Granny Smith asked looking at Filthy Rich.

"Yep," he said getting himself a glass of water and joining the family.

"Found what Mr Rich?" Apple Bloom asked confused.

"Don't worry," Granny said getting up to return to her knitting room. "You'll find it when the time comes."

"Mr Rich, do you know where Appleseed took Mac and Fluttershy and if they're ok?" Applejack asked in the safety for her brother and one of her friends.

After a while Filthy Rich said. "I do, and their just fine."

"But..." Apple Bloom was just about to say something when the door opened and Diamond Tiara came in.

"The foals awake," she said then ran back out again, not even saying 'hi' to her father.

"You better check if it's alright then," Filthy Rich said walking away. "And don't you still need to name it?"

"Oh yeah!" Apple Bloom said jumping out of her seat and running outside.

Applejack didn't say anything. She just got up, put her hat on and walked outside.