• Published 17th Feb 2014
  • 600 Views, 2 Comments

Notes Of Time - MLPxMaestro



A new life paves way for others, and will even influence and impact others as time goes on. Vinyl reveals things she had for somepony, and Maestro encounters ponies he hadn't met in years. Tragedy stikes a certain family member and other occure

  • ...
0
 2
 600

Chapter Twenty Six- The News

Notes Of Time:

Chapter 26- The News:

Just minutes after Maestro decides to be with his family, the three of them end up waiting patiently together, and for a few seemingly endless hours.

After those few hours, and Octave was now peacefully lying still and asleep next to her mother. She soon then eventually woke herself up from a dream of herself falling from a great height, and woke up as soon as she hit the bottom of it.

Octavia felt her daughter’s little body give off a big jerk, and eventually her eyes and face came to life.

“Is everything okay?” Octavia asked softly. Octave quickly looked around the entire waiting lobby to gather her surroundings from the unusual dream she had.

“I guess so…I uh, fell or something like that.” She replied, as she proceeded to then rub her eyes with her hooves to help clear herself up more.

“Oh my, you had one of those dreams where you felt like you were falling didn’t you?” Octavia wondered.

“Uh-huh.” Octave nodded.

“Oh I have had those dreams myself too dear, and they are no fun to have. I believe your father has had some of those himself as well, right sweetie?” Octavia looked back over to Maestro but he wasn’t paying attention to a word the two of them were saying.

“Um…Maestro sweetie? Hellooo?”

“Dad!” Octave exclaimed, eventually catching onto him and he perked his head and ears up a bit more, and looked back at the two of them.

“Hm? Oh what? Yes?! Did something happen?”

“No dad, you just uh-”

“You just seemed to be a bit too worried about your mother.” Said Octavia cutting her daughter off.

“Of course I am, what else do you think I would be? How else do you want me to feel? She’s my one and only mother for goodness sake! Of course I would be acting like this!” Maestro seemed to show frustration to further he got into his response, as it seemed to startle the both of them, but Octave the most. It made her feel frightened, but just barely.

Minutes later, a doctor came out from view to them around the corner from one of the elevators from the looks of it. The family then got up out of their seats and rose up in anticipation of what he was going to say.

“Sir, you are Ms. Harmony’s son, correct?”

“Yes sir.” Maestro nodded, as they both then shared a brief hoofshake with each other, but then getting on down to business for the matter at hoof.

“Yes of course, and this must be your family I assume?”

“Yes sir, and she is our daughter.” Octavia pointed down to Octave blinking back at the doctor.

“Ah, well a pleasure to meet you little filly!” The doctor smiled, in hopes of lightening the subject for her young mind. The doctor then immediately straightens back up, adjusting his glasses while he is at it, and proceeds to inform them of the news that they had been anticipating for a long time now.

“I have…some news regarding your mother sir.”

“Yes? Is she okay?” Maestro asked.

“She is fine, we did manage to stabilize her in a matter of moments after the first doctor and nurse arrived on the scene in there.” He then looked over at Octavia. “Were it not for your wife here calling for help in such a swift manner, we fear your mother may have had suffered even some brain injury, or internal injury to herself by chance.” The doctor gestured lightly with his hoof back to Octavia. He then looks back at Maestro once more, keeping them both to his full attention rather than talking to one of them.

“So…she didn’t suffer any injury or anything of any kind?”

The doctor then inhales, and then exhales with some relief. “Thankfully no, she is just fine now, and just needs her rest is all. However…we found something disturbing on our scans of her brain.”

“But you just said she was fine though doctor?” Maestro replied.

“I did yes, but however we still uh…managed to find something within her brain that may have caused her seizure to occur.” The doctor then noticed the emotion on their faces change drastically to looks of worrying about her once more. “Now no need for that, because though we found something, we have plans of removing it.”
“Well then what is it doctor? I have a right to know!” Maestro urged him, desperate on knowing the safety of his mother.

“Well…we seemed to have found a mass…or a tumor in this case. We do not know if it is yet benign or malignant, we have just gotten underway for those results to come in to us. The current size of it is about the size of a chicken egg. Overall though, we will proceed to remove it immediately if it is malignant. If it is benign, we will keep her brain under close observation, and determine from there sir.” The doctor stated to him, continuing to keep his cool about the situation so that any other emotions might stir things up more than what they needed to be.

Maestro was caught speechless, and did nothing but look away after eye contact with him for a few more moments.

“Thank you doctor for bringing this up. We know you will do your utmost of effort to take good care of her.” Octavia added, in efforts to cover in for what Maestro perhaps might say, but in a lighter manner.

“So this means granny is gonna be fine right? You doctors won’t let this uh…”

“Tumor?”

“Yeah tumor…you won’t let this tumor hurt her or anything right? Granny will be okay if she needs surgery?”

“Absolutely, we got some of the best brain surgeons in Equestria, though the title of best brain surgeons belong to a hospital known as Equester (Erlanger).” The doctor replied to her smiling from the corner of his face.

Later on that day, Maestro figured he was out of luck if he wanted to see his mother again for a little while. They would let him know at his house if he was able to be with her again until they thought she was in the green again to accept visits from others.