• Published 17th Feb 2014
  • 600 Views, 2 Comments

Notes Of Time - MLPxMaestro



A new life paves way for others, and will even influence and impact others as time goes on. Vinyl reveals things she had for somepony, and Maestro encounters ponies he hadn't met in years. Tragedy stikes a certain family member and other occure

  • ...
0
 2
 600

Chapter Fourteen- Apples and Timber

Notes Of Time:

Chapter 14- Apples and Timber:

A later afternoon had approached on the day, and Vinyl decided she would let Octave have her fun over at Sweet Apple Acres with her alleged new relatives and kinfolk. She made sure that Octave had everything she was going to bring with her back at their place, which was obviously not very much. All she had was herself, her cute blue bowtie, a few extra bits, and a little snack to bring along with her over there.

“Okay, anything else you need?”

“Can I ask why you’re sort of acting like my mom?”

“Um…okay I think that’s all then.”

“Vinyl?”

“Yeah?”

“Why have I seen you act more like mom when I’m around you?” Octave asked her curiously once more. This time it caused Vinyl to freeze for a moment, but she knew she didn’t feel like explaining it to her yet.

“Eh…nothing major kid, now you got some relatives to see, so off you go.”

“Why do you want me to leave so badly.”

“Because I’m about to drop some beats at my place here in a little bit…it’s be too loud for you I’d say.”

“Too loud?”

“Oh yeah…you couldn’t handle my music making and mixing procedures to conduct and stuff.”

“Oh, well…okay then see you later, or well probably tomorrow!” Octave walked out the door waving back at Vinyl before she closed the door.

“Have fun Octave!” Vinyl then closed the door. “Be careful too.” She then leaned in to the corner of her window watching the filly until she was out of sight to make sure nothing happened to her.

“Boy I tell ya…I need to just take it easy on this. Why am I doing all of this for her? If something happens to her over there…bah, just stop thinking like that Vinyl, she’ll be fine.” Vinyl told herself.

It had now reached sunset, and chances were Applejack, her brother, and her little sister were almost done with their chores and work, if not already finished chances were. Octave was then taking her time down the dirt trail leading to those gorgeous rolling green hills containing apples trees as far as the eye could see.

“Whooooa…” Octave’s eyes then lit up like a Christmas tree. She had never seen a place so basic yet so beautiful at the same time.

“I’ve never been to a farm before, I bet this will be fun!” she said to herself, continuing down the dirt trail. She continued along the edge however of a forest she had no idea about…the Everfree Forest. The portion she was around had a reputation of containing Timberwolves, and they were back in the past, known to attack ponies that journeyed outside of the forest around the farm. It was wise words by Granny Smith that you never look a Timberwolf in the eyes, as they considered it a challenge.

Octave continued down the path, and she began to hear what sounded like a howl in the distance, which made her feel like she was beign watched.

“Um…okay I’m going to pick up the pace then.” She said.

A second howl then followed, and it sounded even closer from the forest tree line.

“Um…Applejack?! Anypony?!” she yelled out towards the farm.

“Hello? Who’s there?”

Octave then heard AJ’s voice in the distance, but it was a good bit away from her. She however caught glimpse of a large red earth pony walking his way towards her down the same dirt path hauling a lightly loaded wagon in the distance heading towards her.

A third howl then seemed like it was right there at the tree line, as then two Timberwolves jumped out from the forest, and snarled and barked at her with hungry eyes.

Octave was now beginning to cry, as she then screamed out for somepony to help.

“Somepony heeeeelp!”

A Timberwolf then began to run after her just meters away from her. She then began to gallop as fast as she possibly could to the red pony in the distance, but she was terrified she might not make it to him in time. The large red pony then noticed her, and saw a Timberwolf was literally about to make a meal of her. He swiftly removed the latches that kept him connected to the wagon with one quick pull if a pin, and galloped off towards her.

“Nope!” he gritted his teeth, determined to reach the little filly screaming and galloping for her life.

Then, he was by a fraction too late to reach her, as the Timberwolf then grabbed hold of one of her legs within his teeth and tried to take her with him. But Octave instinctively was not going to just roll over dead and give up on her own life. Instead, she then kicked it in the face with her other leg as hard as she could, which made it let out a brief whimper, then taking off after her again, not wanting its meal to slip away from it that easily.

The red earth pony then caught up with her and slammed right into the Timberwolf, making it fall to pieces.

Octave then limped over and up to the large red pony she knew nothing about. Little drops of blood could be seen trickling from her leg as she approached him with the bad limp. “Please can you help- ah, it hurts!” she cried intensively at the wound that was now beginning to burn.

“Eeyup.” He then hoisted her onto his back, and then saw that Applejack was catching up to him. He noticed the second Timberwolf did nothing but glare back at him intensively, almost like it was devising a cunning plan…but for another time and day. It then retreated out of sight with a howl, and went back into the eerie forest.

“What in tarnation?! Octave are you okay?!” Applejack spoke to her. Octave didn’t really want to say anything, and did nothing but sob and cry intensively. The teeth marks were deep into her leg, and she was losing a surprising amount of blood. Luckily, they didn’t hit a main artery in her leg; otherwise she might be a goner.

“We gotta get her to the hospital now Big Mac!”

“Eeyup!”

Big Mac then quickly pinned himself up with the iron pin from his mouth, and up to the wagon. Applejack then got onto it as Octave was pushed onto it with her, and Big Mac then took off like his life depended on it to the Ponyville Hospital.

“It huuuurts! I’m scaaared!” Octave’s bottom lip shaking like mad, nothing but fear could be seen from her eyes to AJ. She was worried sick over her too; despite she didn’t even know her new supposed kin all that well yet. But yet she still tried to comfort and treat the filly like she, her entire life, had known her.

“It’ll be okay Octave I promise.” Applejack trying to shush and calm her down, while keeping pressure on the wound with a handkerchief she luckily had tucked away in her hat, and carried with her occasionally on hot summer days. AJ quickly wrapped the wound tight, and felt slightly woozy feeling at the sight of the blood. She was a strong and hardy mare no doubt, but one thing she didn’t like, was the sight of blood.

“Am I…am I gonna-”

“Now sugarcube, don’t be thinkin like that ya hear?” AJ’s motherly instincts then began to kick in, as she got right next to Octave bringing her in close to her, even tempted to nuzzle her to ease her emotions trying to get the best of her.

“You’re…sweaty feeling.” Octave sniffed, having a brief halt in her pain with the remark she made. Which even caused AJ to chuckle slightly.

“Yeah, that’s what happens when ya work hard out in the sun like I do.” Applejack replied softly.

Octave then began to cry once more, as the pain resurged with intense feeling back at the painful sight.

“Ahhh! I want my mommyyyyy!”

“Oh now uh…don’t you cry okay? Please don’t cry dumplin, ya hear?” Applejack softly spoke to her once more, and then lightly kissed Octave’s forehead, still helping to apply pressure to slow the bleeding down. No doubt she felt weird and awkward when she did that to her, but she figured it was better than watching her suffer so badly, it wasn’t in her to do that.

Surprisingly only a few minutes later they arrived, and Big Mac was out of breath like nopony’s business.

“Ya did great Big Mac…love ya.” Said Applejack.

“Ee…Eeyup.” He replied in between breaths with a slight smile before Applejack carried Octave into the emergency room.

“Miss, miss please ya gotta help this little filly!” Applejack exclaimed.

“Oh dear, what’s wrong with the poor angel?!” a nursed hastefully approached her, then pressing a button behind the desk for the doctors to make haste as well to the scene.

“A Timberwolf got her good on her leg, I need her to be cared for right now!” AJ replied in desperation towards the nurse.

“A-Apple, jack…I feel…kind of tired…can…can I sleep?” Octave’s eyes felt heavy, and she wanted to do nothing but get a good sleep now.

“No Octave! Stay awake for as long as you can okay? Can ya do that for me?”

“She’s losing too much blood, we need to-”

“What is it nurse, is there…my goodness that poor filly! Okay, we can take it from here ma’am. You just wait here for a little while okay?”

“Yeah sure…uh…m-hm.” Applejack was now trying to fight back tears, and then brought down her hat over her face.

The team of doctors and nurses then quickly brought her up to an I.V. and took off with her on a medical bed with it.

“S-stay strong darn it…It’s what paw said I sh-should be.” She was now beginning to choke back on her own tears, and then distinctly heard heavy hoofsteps approaching her. It was Big Mac, and though he seemed to not give it away as much, no doubt he was worried over this filly he knew nothing about too.

“Oh Big Mac…sorry ya had ta see me like this.” AJ cried into his chest.

“It’s alright sis…she’ll be fine, ya know she’s in good hooves right now.” He replied.

“I know but…but what would paw do if he were still around?” she wondered, as those two creeks kept flowing down the side of her face.

“He wouldn’t be worryin that’s for sure. Be strong like he said we need ta be. That’s what keeps an apple strong and healthy like he always told us.” He stated to her once more, implying to her she needed to be strong in these times, and that her worrying over Octave would do nothing but make herself sick.

“Y-you’re right Big Mac…I-I’ll do just that.” She sniffled, and then tried clearing her face of tears.

“You uh…you just go back on down to the farm…tell the family what went on. I’ll catch up with ya later…I…I think I’ll stick around here for a little while longer.”

“Eeyup.” He then with no hesitation, made his way back to the farm, hauling that wagon that’s been in their family for years it seemed…though it was only a few weeks old.

A couple of hours had passed since the tragic incident, and luckily Octave was kept awake long enough for them to stabilize her more, and was now in stable condition.

“Can I sleep…doctorrr?” Octave asked the doctor in the room with her, observing her to make sure nothing bad happened to her during that allotted time of observation for her safety.

“Yes young lady you certainly can now. I appreciate you being a big girl, and staying awake like you were supposed to.” The doctor replied to her with a reassuring smile.

“My cousin told…me to…that’s why…iiii…uhh…” Octave was then too exhausted to really say anything, and her mind and body got the best of her as she went off to sleep in a matter of moments.

The doctor then made his way back down to the farmpony waiting in the main lobby.

“Is she okay?” AJ quickly asked him, as she quickly got up.

“Yes she is ma’am, and she is by the grace of Celestia in stable condition. She just needs her rest is all, nothing major required of her. Does she have any family by chance?

“Uh yeah, sure…but I don’t know any of her actual family. I do know that she has a friend she’s with I think.”

“Oh? Who might this be then? Because we need to get to them, so we can contact her family as quickly as possible about the situation.” The doctor then brought out a pencil and notepad to be ready to scribble down any names he got from her.

“Her name’s Vinyl Scratch I believe. But I also kinda recall a name…Octa-something, I don’t really remember that one though.” She lightly shrugged.

“Fair enough miss…” the doctor gestured his hoof in tiny circles, implying he learn her name as well.

“Applejack, sorry bout that.”

“No need, and thank you. We will contact Vinyl Scratch immediately with this news, and she will contact this Octa-whoever you can’t seem to recall at the moment. Anyway however, I understand you may want to be with her, but she does in fact need her rest at this time. Come back tomorrow if you’d like, and thank you again for bringing her in to us.” The doctor stated.

“Uh yeah, sure.” Applejack then tipped her hat back to the doctor as she then went out the door, and on her way back to Sweet Apple Acres.

“Celestia’s peace be with her…” she trailed off under her breath, continuing to make her way down the very same dirt path Octave traveled on to the farm.

Later that evening…

“Ugh, man…finally I got a break from those rhythms. I tell ya what, that mix is looking pretty good so far I’ll say.” Vinyl smiled to herself with confidence. She reached into her fridge for a soda, followed by a knock on the door shortly thereafter.

“Huh…she back already? Heh, knew she couldn’t handle that country life stuff.”

However, she opened the door to the sight of the town’s most reliable mailmare, Ditzy Doo.

“Oh, uh hey Ditzy, what’s up?”

Ditzy’s face seemed to give to Vinyl a feeling of concern as she handed her a letter, then quickly flying off into the summer sky.

“What’s this? Better not be more…fan…mail…” Vinyl trailed off, slowly stopping herself realizing he postage was from the Ponyville Hospital. She sat down on her couch as she opened up the soda can to take a sip as she reached into the envelope wither magic curiously, but yet concern at the same time.

“Dear recipient, I must inform you that a pony by the…oh buck!” Vinyl read it in her mind, then spewed out the soda and couldn’t believe what she saw. Was Octave really in the hospital? Did this really happen? She scanned through the letter once more, then a second time to make sure she wasn’t delusional or seeing things. The words were true, and if this were some really sick joke, she’d beat the stuffing out of them.

“Oh my sweet Celestia…my…my friend’s in the hospital.” Vinyl began tearing up, and then put on her trademark shades galloping towards the train station.

“Octy’s gonna kill me for this.” She thought to herself, thinking she was royally and ultimately screwed over for life. Yet her mind still looked past the fact that she had absolutely nothing to do with it, but her mind still felt guilty like nopony’s business. The tears trailing down the side of her face could only be seen just past the shades she had put on her face, so she could help hide her feelings for her a lot better than without them.

“Hi, I need to get to Canterlot now! See my express pass? Okay thanks!” Vinyl briefly showed the boarding pass to the pony at the ticket booth, and even he was stumped as for why Vinyl seemed in such a rush.

“Um…okay Vinyl, have a…nice trip.” He replied, wondering why she was in such a rush to get there.

“I need this train to get to Canterlot immediately! Something bad has happened Mr. Conductor!”

“Oh hey Vinyl…well do you have your-” he was then interrupted by her showing her express boarding pass to him. She had managed to get her hooves on a pricey lifetime express pass when she had to travel a ton all across Equestria while she was on tour some time ago. With that pass, she could go wherever she wanted on the train, whenever, and however fast she needed to get there. She was pretty much a VIP and MVP on the Friendship Express.

“Oh of course miss Vinyl, please get on board.” The conductor then rang a bell in his hoof, calling out to them that they needed to get to Canterlot as quickly as possible.

“Canterlot! Double-time it!” he yelled.

With him saying that, the train deployed a large cloud of steam under it, as it chugged away as fast as it possibly could work itself. Though they knew it had broke down a few times trying to work so hard, since it was definitely not the youngest train around. But no doubt they had faith in the thing, and that it wouldn’t quit on them neither, not now, and not anytime soon they hoped.