• Published 17th Feb 2014
  • 600 Views, 2 Comments

Notes Of Time - MLPxMaestro



A new life paves way for others, and will even influence and impact others as time goes on. Vinyl reveals things she had for somepony, and Maestro encounters ponies he hadn't met in years. Tragedy stikes a certain family member and other occure

  • ...
0
 2
 600

Chapter Twelve- Back Home

Notes Of Time:

Chapter 12- Back Home:

Before they all knew it, they had all arrived back at the Canterlot Train Station. But Octave however wanted to stay more with her aunt, or Aunt Scratch, as Vinyl was now fine with it, and used to the idea of being called that. They were at the moment walking out of the train, and were not back into the lobby inside the building.

“But Mooooooom! I wanna stay longer with Aunt Scratch?!”

Octave just saying those words and the effort she was putting into hopefully convincing her mother made Vinyl chuckle a bit behind her.

“Well…I don’t know about that this time now dear.” Replied Octavia.

“Aw come on, you always say that and you know it.” Said Octave.

“She’s right you know.” Vinyl intervened.

“Hush Vinyl, you’re know you’re out of this.” Octavia glanced over at her.

“Well…I kinda am y’know.” Vinyl added, she then looked off into another direction whistling. Normally she’d be bracing for whatever impact she would get from the normal typical pony. But knowing how Octavia is, she would pretty much let many things slide, and would do nothing but proceed to tolerate it temporarily.

“Maestro dear? Is it okay if Octave stays with Vinyl for a few days? Because I believe she needs to find a teacher for her violin lessons correct?”

“She certainly does, you’re right…but she’s just a filly, she deserves to have some fun every now and then.” Maestro answers her.

“Hmm…I could see what you mean by that, yes.” Octave pondered with her hoof under her chin, then agreeing with his statement.

“Well hey look, I’m totally up for her chilling at my place. I love hanging out with this kid, she’s great!” Vinyl then leaned in close to Octave, roughing her mane a little bit.

“I told you about that.” Octave replied, trying to then straighten up her mane for the second time since the trip they all took together.

“Oh right hahaha! I remember now…like Octy in many ways still.” Vinyl laughed.

“Yes, she certainly has her mother’s pretty eyes too…isn’t that right sweetie?”

“Yes ma’am!” Octave stood up straight with a big smile aimed back at her mother.

So since Maestro was the stallion of the house, he decided that Octave needed to spend more time with others, and even other family members if ever possible. She and Vinyl then about an hour later or so made it back to Vinyl’s cozy home in Ponyville. It may have looked cozy and cute on the outside, but on the inside of the home was an entirely different story.

“Well here we are, home sweet home.” Vinyl then flipped on the light out of the pitch-black darkness that shrouded everything, and Octave’s jaw dropped. She couldn’t believe how much clutter was everywhere. All she could see was a bunch of electronic music equipment, and a few mix tables that were mixed on so much that some of them were missing knobs and one even missing its main wiring system.

“Uh…it’s…”

“Messy? Yeah, I know, but it’s not as bad upstairs…I hope anyways.” Vinyl replied, as she set down her suitcases with her magic onto the living room floor.

“Your fireplace is covered up by-”

“My bass amplifiers…oh yeah, those sick little bast- I mean things. Yeah those have been with me since day one, and I really need to sell a ton of this stuff. Maybe some of my loyal fans would be willing to pay big bucks for stuff directly sold by me?” Vinyl wondered.

“If I were a loyal fan, I would buy all of your stuff.”

“Pfft, if I found out you were one of them, I’d give you like half of it for free since you have perks of being the daughter of my best friend.” Vinyl chuckled.

“Oh cool! Do you really mean that maybe I could ha-”

“Now hold it just a sec…I didn’t mean that as in you could really have the stuff ya know, heh.” Vinyl interrupted.

Sunset had arrived, and Octave had never been to Ponyville. She wasn’t ready to settle in for the evening with Vinyl just yet, she wanted to keep exploring and such.

“Um…where’s the library from here?”

“Haha! You’re kidding right? It’s literally a few blocks from my place. Ya can’t miss it, it’s a humongous oak tree.” Vinyl smiled a bit, as she was busy with reprogramming some of her stuff to get ready to sell.
“Okay thanks, well I’ll be over there to get a book to read.”

“Yuck, you read books?!” Vinyl laughed playfully.

“Hey! They make you smarter, and you get more insight on things if you read.”

“Right, right, your mom reads those saucy novels of hers.” Vinyl trailed off, mainly focusing on a piece of equipment.

“What did you say? What’s saucy mean?”

“Uh, well um…nothing really, just be back here in a couple of hours got it? I don’t want Octy chewing me out because you got lost in Ponyville.”

“Okay, I promise.” Replied Octave, as she quickly went out the door and immediately towards the immense oak tree she quickly caught sight of. Vinyl was right; you literally could not miss it.

Octave then approached the front door followed by a few light knocks.

“Come on in!” a familiar muffled voice called out to her it sounded from a distance from inside. Before Octave could open the front door however, the sight of what appeared to her to be a baby dragon appeared.

“Uh…hi?” Octave waved at the dragon awkwardly smiling.

“Don’t you have to be home at the moment little filly? Where are your parents anyway?” said the dragon, as he looked out and around the filly with her parents nowhere in sight.

“Spiiike? Just let her-oh my goodness it’s you!” Twilight exclaimed happily.

“Princess Twilight?! B-but I thought um…that you lived in-”

“Canterlot? Yeahhh, I get that a lot. I chose to stay close to my friends, so I stay here sometimes too, and not stay in that old castle all the time. Well don’t just stand there, please come in!” Twilight’s horn then glowed as she closed the door behind Octave.

“I’ve never been in Ponyville before, this place is a lot more different than Canterlot.”

“It certainly is.” Twilight giggled a bit. “There’s something I’m sure you’ll find great here in this little quaint town though. I know I did when I was young. I found the greatest friends a pony could possibly ask for.” She added.

“I guess…well I’m staying here with my aunt.”

“Really? You have an aunt that lives here too? Please do tell.” Twilight then faced towards Spike.

“Spike, could you please by any chance make us a little snack?”

“Sure thing Twilight, I’ll have some tea and sandwiches coming right up!” Spike then made his way into the kitchen, with the sound of searching through many doors to find the appropriate ingredients to set everything up. Twilight then looks back at Octave asking her a similar question. “Would you like a little something too? Spike’s good with making his own recipes and such.”

“Sure, that sounds neat! Oh wow…I get to…to eat with a princess!” Octave just felt so star struck and giddy all at the same time as she simply stood there with a huge smile on her face. Never did she ever expect in her wildest dreams to actually eat with a princess of Equestria.

“Um…would you like to-”

“YesPleaseIWouldLoveToSitNextToYou!” Octave in a flash then quickly takes a seat next to Twilight, and Twilight couldn’t help but smile back at the filly.

“Well um, you said that you have an aunt down here right? Who is she by chance?”

“Her name’s Vinyl Scratch, but I call her Aunt Scratch since she’s my mother’s best friend.” Octave replied.

Twilight was startled, for a second time with this filly. She never expected such a remark coming from a filly that lived in Canterlot.

“My goodness, she lives just blocks away from the library, that’s amazing! Do you have anypony else who is related to you that lives here?”

“I don’t really know…hey, didn’t that one orange pony say that we were both related?”

“Oh that’s right, yes of course! Applejack lives over at the farm called Sweet Apple Acres. It’s just outside of town not to mention, a little walk from here but it’s worth the small trip.” Twilight replied.

“Oh this is just so cool! First I get to eat with a princess of Equestria! Then I can visit my new cousin!”

“Well I’m glad that you get to have some of your dreams fulfilled. Since it’s certainly not everyday a pony gets to meet a princess…let alone eat with one I might add.” Twilight smiled. Octave said nothing, as she simply sat there looking back at her with that squee expression on her face. A few minutes later, Spike came out with some daffodil sandwiches, which were Twilight’s favorite, and some lavender tea to help relax them both for the evening.

“Here you go ladies, hope you enjoy these. You two I guess can stay here, as I will be heading off to bed to read the new Power Ponies comic…oh boy I can’t wait!” Spike then dashed up the stairs, leaving a slight trail of dust in his wake.

“I hope you like daffodil sandwiches, cause they’re my favorite!” Said Twilight before she levitated it in front of her with her magic and took a bite.

“Actually I’ve never eaten one of these before. I’ve seen others eat them, but I don’t know if I would like it?”

“Never hurts to try, go ahead and give it a shot.” Twilight then quickly took a second bite, followed by a short sip of her tea.

Octave was still speculative about it, but just a few minutes later, and Octave was scarfing it down…it was her new favorite sandwich too.

“Take it easy Octave, you’ll choke yourself. Those little flower petals might get caught in your wind pipe if your not careful, okay?”

“M-hm.” Octave nodded, her mouth full of as much of the sandwich as it could possibly hold.

The evening dragged on, and Twilight was used to the tea. Octave on the other hoof was getting extremely relaxed and drowsy now, and had been for a little while. They both were in Twilight’s own bedroom, looking at a Daring Do book together. Octave was intrigued by the Daring Do book series after Twilight introduced her to it after they finished with their snacks. The series by now had come to an end after all those years since Rainbowdash fangirled over finding out A.K Yearling was the one and only Daring Do herself. Octave gave off a final yawn, for she could no longer keep her eyes open. She then lightly fell limp on the side of her body, and up against Twilight’s side.

“Hey…Octave…you need me to take you home?” Twilight whispered and got no answer whatsoever, as the filly was out of it. She then looked over at Spike lying in his bed completely out of it too with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. A light string of drool hung out directly below it, and it was a comical sight for Twilight to see. The comic book rested over the center of his body loosely, providing a slight paper blanket of sorts for him.

“Come on now…let’s take you home.” With a soft glow of her horn, and careful to not disturb her, she slowly and steadily put Octave onto her back, and proceeded to make her way down the stairs as softly as she could. Twilight would fly down and over the stairs, but she knew the wind and flapping of her wings might wake the cute filly up.

“Mmm…daffodils…” Octave could be heard mumbling. The tea must have been steeped to be extra strong to put Octave to such a deep state of sleep so fast, but Twilight was a firm night owl, and could tolerate it, so it didn’t affect her nowhere near as much.

Twilight rang the doorbell to Vinyl’s place, and Vinyl was starting to get a bit worried about where she could have been all that time. But again though, she knew Octave couldn’t have wondered off too far, and she had fully trusted her.

“Sorry for the inconvenience Vinyl Scratch, me and her ended up hanging out together a lot longer than I expected. Who knew simply checking out a book would have turned into this?” Twilight giggled slightly.

“I understand, I knew she wasn’t far anyways…just um, put her on the couch here and I’ll cover her up, thank you princess.”

“Please, no need to thank me, just doing my duty for another good neighbor is all.” Twilight replied, now preparing herself to teleport back to her bedroom.

“Well look at it this way, you made yourself a new friend.”

“Yeah, I sure did…she’s very sweet, I’m sure she’ll have wonderful friendships in the future.” Said Twilight. She then gave off a bright and very brief flash of light followed by a ‘pop’ noise of her spell, signaling that her teleportation spell as always, had worked successfully.

Vinyl then carefully and quietly closed her door, and faced back towards Octave resting peacefully on her couch. She then went over to a small closet that held some extra covers, and levitated one softly over her.

“See ya in the morning kiddo.” Vinyl then did something she knew she’d never do in front of anypony. She slowly leaned in close just above Octave’s face, and kissed her forehead. Octave’s face then showed a very soft smile of approval, seeming to just form itself upon her face by mere instinct of that warm feeling she felt. Vinyl thereafter then decided that maybe now was not the time to test out some new beats, but rather get some sleep like it was logically called for to do so.