• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 2,539 Views, 62 Comments

Equestria Girls 2: Shards of Harmony - Zurvan



The story continues after Twilight Sparkle leaves the girls at Canterlot High

  • ...
16
 62
 2,539

Chapter 5: Manic Monday

Chapter 5: Manic Monday

Twilight walks into Canterlot High the following Monday morning and goes right to Principal Celestia’s office. “Good morning Principal.”

Celestia sighs as she puts her papers to the side, “So you’re the Twilight Sparkle that belongs here then?” she asks.

“You know?” Twilight asks amazed.

“I am the Principal of this school. I do pay attention to what goes on here,” Celestia replies with a tone of authority. “I had a feeling something was up when the other Twilight came to me asking about her crown. I had no knowledge of a new student, and yet here was a student I didn’t know in my office. So I decided it might be best if I went along with it. I must say that I am glad that the girls helped Sunset Shimmer rebuild the school after her magical fight with the other Twilight.”

Twilight gulps suddenly becoming more nervous, “So what happens now?” she manages to ask.

“Well, most likely the students will just assume you and the other Twilight are the same person, and something happened to you because of the magic as most of the student body did see the fight. I would suggest you play along, you can feign amnesia of the whole event if you’d like. Or if you’d prefer to just take on the role she did, I’m sure that your new friends will fill you in on all of the necessary details to complete the story.”

“They already gave me a lot of the details, and it was only a few days. I think it might be better if I just pretend I am her, and fully aware of the events that transpired. From what I understand my friends were the only ones to see her leave, so I’ll just tell everyone that I passed out when the magic faded and have been unconscious since that night.”

Celestia nods “That sounds believable, it has only been a little over a week since the event happened. You friends worked fast to repair the school.”

Twilight nods, “Rainbow Dash said that she and the others worked especially hard because they didn’t want the school to be damaged any longer then necessary.”

“And I’m very proud of their efforts and contribution to this school,” Celestia says. “Now, if everything’s in order you should get on with your classes.”

“I have my schedule, and I’m as ready as I can be, so thank you” Twilight says as she stands up to leave.

“Thank you, Twilight,” Celestia says as she sees Twilight out. “And remember my door is always open,” she says as the door closes behind her.

Twilight sighs and goes to her morning classes. At lunch, she meets up with the others, “So how are you enjoying your first day, darling?” Rarity asks as she sits down across from her at the table.

“So far not as bad as I feared,” Twilight answers as she starts eating her lunch and looking around the room at the other students. “Feels a bit different than my old school.”

“That’s right!” Rarity exclaims, “You never have told us about your old school.”

“I was at Crystal Academy,” Twilight replies. “Where my sister-in-law is principal”

“Your sister-in-law is the principal?” Rarity asks

Twilight nods, "Cadance has been principal there for awhile. Just a little over a year ago she married my brother, Shining Armor.”

“Sounds a little awkward,” Applejack says.

“I’d been trying to transfer here since the two of them started dating, because it was awkward my brother just dating my principal, having to see her outside school every night. On the bright side we did sort of become friends.”

“Now you have six awesome friends,” Rainbow Dash says.

“So I count into this?” Sunset asks surprised.

“Of course you do Sunset,” Rainbow Dash answers. “Why not?”

Sunset looks relieved.

“You know what we should do?” Pinkie asks no one in particular. “A welcome party!” she answers with her usual enthusiasm, before anyone else can reply.

“As long as you do it small,” Rarity starts to say, “You can use my studio.”

Pinkie smiles and suggests. “Tonight? Just us, I’ll run by Sugarcube Corner and get snacks,” and the other’s nod, “Goody.”

They all finish eating. “I’ll see you after classes then,” Twilight says as she gets up to leave and head to her next class.

“Hey, Twilight!” a male voice calls out from behind her and Twilight stops, “I heard you were back,” Twilight turns to face the voice and as she does Flash grabs her and kisses her. Twilight looks in shock as Flash speaks, “You okay Twi?”

“Flash Sentry,” Fluttershy chides quietly, “You know what the principal would say about a public display of affection.”

“Oh, hey Fluttershy,” Flash says, “I guess I got caught up since I hadn’t seen Twi since the dance, and I really thought we’d hit it off.”

“It’s okay Flash,” Twilight says, trying to conceal her nervousness. “I just didn’t expect you to kiss me in the school.”

“Sorry about that,” Flashs says, “How about I make it up to you, a real date, this friday.”

Twilight nods, “I expect you to be the perfect gentleman.”

“Of course,” Flash says, “We’d better head to class.” He says as he heads off.

“What exactly happened between him and my double?” Twilight asks Fluttershy.

“He proved your double’s innocence when Sunset tried to frame her for destroying the gym before the dance. Then the two of them shared a dance after the battle, she seemed to have a thing for him,” Fluttershy answers.

“I can’t say I blame her, he is cute.” Twilight says with a smirk, “and a good kisser too”

“First kiss?” Fluttershy blushes slightly as she asks and Twilight nods the smiles, “I will always remember my first kiss.”

“Who was it?” Twilight ask as she notices Fluttershy kind of glance back to the lunch room and the bell rings.

“We’d better hurry or we’re going to be late,” Fluttershy changes the subject as they rush off.

Later that night they are all gathered at Rarity's studio. "Well," Twilight begins "I have a date with Flash Sentry on Friday."

"That's great!" Rarity exclaims, "he and your double seemed to have something going."

"That's actually what worries me," Twilight admits.

"Why's that?" Rarity ask.

Twilight blushes, "what if the other Twilight and him.... you know?"

"We were with the other Twilight almost the entire time she was here." Pinkie Pie states, "there's no way she could've gone THAT far!"

"But Twilight does have a point." Applejack remarks, "it's possible he may expect more then she's ready for."

"Flash is my ex," states Sunset Shimmer, "I don't think he's like that."

"He kissed me in the hallway,” Twilight points out.

"I'm sure there's a perfectly logical reason for that," Rarity reasons.

“And what would that be?” Twilight asks.

“Maybe he got super excited when he saw you, cause he hadn’t seen you since your double left, and he was worried about you, and then you show up at school, and he’s like ‘oh, look, there she is’, and he’s so relieved that he loses himself for a minute and kisses you before he knows what he’s doing?” Pinkie suggests in what seems to be a single breath.

"I suppose that’s possible, and that’s why I want to tell him the truth," Twilight says, "I'd rather not start a relationship on a lie."

"Relationship? It's just a date!" Rarity asks skeptically.

"With a guy who kissed me in the hallway and at very least danced with my double." Twilight points out.

"I think she should tell him." Fluttershy states quietly.

"I'd hate if someone came up to me after a couple dates and tell me the whole thing started from a lie," Pinkie Pie says.

Twilight stomps her foot, “Okay, I’m telling him,” Then she pauses and looks at the girls, “you’ll come with me right?”

“Sorry, but I promised Flutters I’d help at the Animal Shelter this weekend,” Pinkie says as she looks at Fluttershy.

“And I promised Rarity I’d help her clean out and rearrange her studio,” Applejack says.

“I told Scoots I’d give her a soccer lesson after school friday,” Rainbow Dash says, “but maybe I can reschedule, she might not be too upset.”

“My studio can wait a bit AJ, darling,” Rarity says.

Fluttershy quietly adds. “I think the shelter can wait, Pinkie, Twilight needs us.” Pinkie looks slightly detected, “I’m sure we can make it up to them LATER!”

Pinkie nods, “If you’re sure Flutters,” Then Fluttershy nods, “Then we’ll be there."

Author's Note:

Couldn't resist adding this on a Monday