• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 2,538 Views, 62 Comments

Equestria Girls 2: Shards of Harmony - Zurvan



The story continues after Twilight Sparkle leaves the girls at Canterlot High

  • ...
16
 62
 2,538

Chapter 2: Hello Twilight, Our Old Friend

A blue van with a rainbow lightning bolt painted on the side pulls up to the curb. Rainbow Dash gets out of the driver’s seat, “Okay girls, the GPS says this is the place.”

Rarity gets out of the passenger seat and looks at the place in obvious disgust, “Quaint,” mumbles.

“Looks more like a run down library than a house to me,” Applejack says as she gets out followed by Pinkie.

“Twilight did say she stayed at the library at school; maybe that's where she’s comfortable,” Pinkie says.

“I don’t think Twilight had much of a choice,” Fluttershy adds quietly as she hesitantly gets out of the van and they all look at the building.

“Come on y’all,” Applejack says. “We didn’t come here just to stand around and look at the place.”

“Right,” Rainbow Dash says as she marches to the door and knocks loudly.

They hear a dog bark. “That must be Spike,” Fluttershy says almost enthusiastically. “I can’t wait to see him again.”

“Something tells me he’s not going to be able to talk this time, Fluttershy,” Rarity states.

“I don’t care,” Fluttershy says defiantly. “He was still my friend.”

The door opens slightly and Twilight can be seen looking out the crack, “Hello?” she asks hesitantly. “How can I help you?”

Pinkie immediately pushes her way closest to the door, “I know that this is gonna sound crazy, but we met your double from another world, who was actually a pony princess in her world, she helped us realize that friendship was the most important thing, and we helped her become Fall Formal Princess, but then she had to leave or she wouldn’t have been able to go home for a very long time, so we thought we should come see you and try and be your friend too,” Pinkie explains so quickly that she is nearly out of breath.

“Right,” Twilight says as she backs up and starts to close the door. “Why don’t you just head back to whatever crazy farm you escaped from before I call the cops?” she adds with a hint of animosity.

Rainbow Dash pushes Pinkie aside and puts her foot in the doorway stopping Twilight from completely closing the door, “Wait, we just want to talk.”

Twilight looks leary then Spike comes up barking, “Spike stop!” Twilight commands but he runs to the door, and jumps over Rainbow Dash’s foot and goes right to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy picks him up and pets him, “Aren’t you a good boy” she says happily.

Rarity reaches over and scratches Spike behind the ears, “Hey there sweetie,” she says. Spike seems obviously enamored with Rarity.

“Okay...” Twilight says opening the door with a rather confused look on her face, “I’ve never seen Spike act like that before.”

“I have a way with animals,” Fluttershy admits quietly.

“Alright,” Twilight says obviously exasperated, “Let’s go over this again, slowly.” They proceed to explain the events of the last weeks to her. “Well, that certainly explains a lot, I was trying to figure out why I was unconscious for 3 days.”

“What?!” Pinkie asks incredulously.

“I think I was unconscious during the time this other Twilight was here. Perhaps only one of each of us can be awake at a time,” she offers as an explanation. Then she mumbles “Of course it could have something to do with that stack of books I found knocked down too”

“But Sunset’s been here for years!” Rarity exclaims, “That can’t be good for her double.”

“Sunset’s the girl my double defeated right?” Twilight asks.

“Right,” Rarity replies with a slight nod. “And your double left us in charge of teaching her about friendship.”

“We really need to find her double, and hope it’s not too late,” Applejack says.

“If she’s been here for 5 years, it’s probably way too late,” Rainbow Dash admits.

“You don’t mean?” Fluttershy asks quietly, dreading the answer.

Rainbow Dash nods grimly, “I’m afraid so, but we should see what Sunset’s found before we jump to conclusions.”

“I’m not sure how much of this I believe,” Twilight says obviously still trying to absorb the information, “But I want to go with you and meet this Sunset Shimmer.”

“Come on and get into the van then,” Rainbow Dash says and they all head to the van.

“Did you paint the van yourself?” Twilight asks as she looks at the van curiously.

“Nah, the guy at the Paint and Body shop, Color Pallette, did it for me,” Rainbow Dash answers.

“Gave me a sweet deal when I told him I had the same rainbow lightning bolt tattooed on my ass,” she adds with a mischievous grin.

“Do you?” Twilight asks with a hint of amusement.

“Of course she does, we all got tattoos at the same time,” Pinkie Pie answers nonchalantly.

“Had to give Fluttershy and Rarity some of my Granny Smith’s ‘special’ bottom shelf cider to convince them to go along with us,” Applejack jokes

“But it was worth it,” Pinkie adds, grinning at Fluttershy “Right?” she asks with a wink.

“I suppose it wasn’t ALL bad,” Fluttershy admits quietly with a slight grin.

“You all got tattoos at the same time?” Twilight asks

“Yeah” Pinkie says “Twilight, well the other Twilight told us that in her world, each pony gets her cutie mark when they discover their special talent, the cutie mark appears on their back flank, and the closest we could come up with was to get them on our ass.”

“So how did you decide what to get tattooed?” Twilight asks.

“We asked Twilight what our double’s cutie marks where and we got those tattooed on us,” Rainbow Dash answers, “Hence the lighting bolt”

“So, then…” Twilight hesitates as she looks at the girls.

“Balloons!” Pinkie says cheerfully, “Apparently I love parties as a pony too!”

“Apples,” Applejack says, “Guess I shouldn’t be surprised mah double is a farmer too”

“Diamonds,” Rarity says, “Something about having had found a bunch of gems and sewn them into costumes, I don’t understand myself, but why not?”

Twilight looks to Fluttershy who just blushes, “She got butterfly’s,” Pinkie says, “Denotes her shy nature, and love for animals.”

“Right,” Twilight says, “and my double?”

“A six-pointed starburst,” Rarity says, “she said it was a sign that her true calling was magic.”

“So my double’s special talent was magic?” Twilight asks.

“That’s what she said,” Rarity answers, “Said she became a princess because of what she learned with magic.”

“Wait,” Twilight looks confused, “Did you say my double is a princess?”

“Yep,” Applejack answers, “A pony princess of some sort.”

“That sounds neat.” Twilight admits, “I’ve always dreamed of being a princess.”

“I think all of us did at some point darling,” Rarity remarks.

“At least I know my double got her dream,” Twilight smiles.

“Right, now come on, let’s get a move on.” Rainbow Dash says, “We really need to go check on Sunset.” With that they all file into the van.