• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 2,539 Views, 62 Comments

Equestria Girls 2: Shards of Harmony - Zurvan



The story continues after Twilight Sparkle leaves the girls at Canterlot High

  • ...
16
 62
 2,539

Chapter 14: Celebration

The group, minus Fluttershy pulls up in Rainbow Dash's van, Twilight's driving, "You know, it is my van?" Rainbow Dash asks

"Yes, and the rest of us don't like going 120 MPH," Rarity states. "That's why I asked Twilight to drive, she's a lot more sensible about it."

"Come on, let's check this place out," Rainbow Dash says as they head in.

"Hey Pinkie!" The man behind the bar yells out.

"Hey Captain!" Pinkie says and walks over to the bar, "These are my friends, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, and Sunset Shimmer, girls, this is Morgan, the owner of this place."

"We just heard you call him Captain," Twilight points out.

"Retired Navy Captain, most people just call me Captain."

"Is Flutters here yet?" Pinkie asks.

Morgan shakes his head, "She came in yesterday and told me you were coming though, made sure I held a table for you. Jose, take Pinkie and her friends to the reserved table."

A boy about their age comes up to them and speaks in a heavy spanish accent. "This way ladies," he leads them to the table set aside for them.

"Thank you... is it Jose?" Sunset asks.

Jose nods, "Si, Jose Cuervo."

"Pleased to meet you," Sunset says and Jose heads off. A few minutes later they notice their friend from school, the electric blue haired Vinyl Scratch come out and do some stuff to the equipment.

"Hey Vinyl!" Pinkie calls out.

"Hey Pinkie!" Vinyl answers, "What can I do for you?"

"Is the band here yet?" Pinkie asks, looking at the empty seat at their table.

"Yeah, they're here, and trust me you won't be disappointed, "Vinyl says as she heads off.

A crowd begins to gather in the room, and they talk, not knowing how long until the music will start. Just then the music starts softly.

"I guess Fluttershy chickened out," Applejack says.

Pinkie pouts slight but says, “Maybe she just got caught up,” Just then the singer starts sing ]"Cover My Eyes" by Birthday Massacre.

As the song starts they all look up at the band only to realize that the singer was their missing companion, "I knew Flutters could sing, but damn!" Pinkie says incredulously as she stares at the girl dressed in a skimpy leather outfit, "Damn I never realized my girlfriend was that hot!"

The other's look at her, "Girlfriend?" Twilight asks.

"Yeah, me and Flutters been going out since the whole tattoo thing," Pinkie answers.

"And you never thought to mention your relationship to the rest of us?" Twilight asks.

"Didn't see how it was that big a deal, right Rarity?" Pinkie says as she looks at Rarity and Applejack, obviously sitting closer to each other than they had earlier.

"Well, you see.." Rarity stammers, "It's like, um. I mean."

"What she's trying to say," Applejack says, "Is me and her are an item too."

Twilight shakes her head and looks at Rainbow Dash, "And you?"

Rainbow blushes slightly, "My situation is, um, unique, me and this younger girl you see."

"You and Scootaloo?" Rarity questions and Rainbow nods, "My, my I wonder what Sweetie Belle and Applebloom think of that."

Rainbow Dash suddenly looks very uncomfortable, "Whatcha know bout mah sis? Spill!" Applejack says forcefully.

"Scoots told me Applebloom and Sweetie Belle have been an item since puberty," Rainbow Dash admits.

"Aw Hell!" Applejack says, "Figures!"

"I suppose we should tell her sisters about us and see if they'll give us the same courtesy?" Rarity suggests and Applejack nods.

"Sunset?" Twilight asks nervously.

"Still single, but that Jose guy's kind of hot, then again so was that girl that set up the sound system."

"Seriously? I'm the only straight one in the entire group?" Twilight asks.

"Looks that way," Sunset answers and Twilight just sighs.

"Quiet everyone," Pinkie says excitedly. "I think Flutters is gonna sing another one."

Everyone gets quiet and they listen to Fluttershy sing “Butterfly” by dk.Smile.

The friends all look at Fluttershy in complete shock, not a one of them had expected she to sing something so...lively, “We’ll be back in a few minutes,” Fluttershy says through the mic and then climbs down and goes and gives Pinkie a huge hug, “So how was I?”

“Flutters, you were great!” Pinkie exclaims as she kisses her girlfriend.

Fluttershy kisses back and then smiles after they break the kiss, “I take it you finally told the others?”

“It sort of slipped, hope you don’t mind.”

“It’s alright, I just wasn’t sure how they’d take us being together,” Fluttershy admits.

“Twilight seems to be the most shocked, the others seem alright.”

“I’m fine,” Rarity says. “As long as you promise to let me do your wedding dresses.”

“And let me cater the reception,” Applejack jokes.

Pinkie laughs, “Who’s going to do you dresses when you two get hitched?”

“Applejack and Rarity are together?” Fluttershy asks and Pinkie nods, “Oh, they make such a cute couple!”

“I could design my own dress,” Rarity says, “but I’m sure Applejack would want someone else to do hers so I don’t see it before the wedding.”

“I ain’t into superstition that much Rare,”

“We’ll figure it out when we get to that point,” Rarity says. “First I think we need to talk to our siblings, from what Rainbow Dash says we may end up having them marry each other too.”

“You won’t have a problem with that?” Applejack asks.

“Heaven’s no, I want my sister to be happy, just like I am,” Rarity answers and kisses Applejack on the cheek.

“Girls, I got to get back on stage, it’s time for my next set,” Fluttershy says.

“Have fun Flutters,” Pinkie says then kisses her again for luck. Fluttershy gets back up on stage and the rest of the crowd cheers. The lights go down and the music starts, a spotlight on Fluttershy as she starts singing, “Bring me to Life Remix” by Evanescence part way into the song the lights come on and Flash is seen at another microphone dressed in a pair of tight leather pants and tight leather tank top, he joins in singing with Fluttershy.

The music dies down as the crowd cheers, “We got one more for you, one of my personal favorites,” Fluttershy says, “Feel free to sing along if you know it.” the music starts and she sings “I Love Rock and Roll” by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

“Thank you Canterlot!” Fluttershy says as she bows and the crowd cheers tremendously.

“Encore! Encore!”

Fluttershy blushes slightly, “We don’t really have anything else prepared.”

“I got it!” Pinkie says and whispers to Twilight before going up and whispering to Fluttershy and then the members of the band. “Okay guys, we’ve got one more for you, but we’re going to need our friends,” Pinkie says and motions for the other to come up on stage. Pinkie moves over to Fluttershy, and Twilight comes up to Flash. Applejack and Rarity go to a third mic. Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer stay seated. The groups of them sing “Don’t go Breaking my Heart” by Elton John.

After the applause dies down they all go and sit down. “Fluttershy, I must say you were amazing!” Rarity says.

“Thank you Rarity.” Fluttershy mumbles slightly embarrassed. “Pinkie heard me singing to my animals and encouraged me to sing more. I came to Flash, and sang for him, and he introduced me to the girls in the band, they just needed a lead singer, and once they heard me they were more than happy to have me.”

“How did you ever overcome your shyness enough to get up on stage?” Twilight asks.

“It’s all thanks to Pinkie!” Fluttershy answers, “Being with her has given me more confidence than I thought I could ever have.”

Pinkie grins, “That reminds me.” She pats her pockets, “Where’d I leave that ring?”

“Ring?” Fluttershy looks shocked.

Pinkie finally pulls a ring box from her hair. “Flutters, will you marry me?” She opens the box to reveal a ring with a butterfly design the body is diamond, and the wings emerald and sapphire.

Fluttershy gasps and hugs Pinkie. “Of course I’ll marry you!” the two kiss and then Fluttershy puts on the ring.

“This has certainly been an interesting night,” Twilight says.

“It has,” Rarity says. “And I believe it’s time to for us to head home.”

Author's Note:

I really enjoyed writing this chapter, I hope y'all enjoyed reading it