• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 2,538 Views, 62 Comments

Equestria Girls 2: Shards of Harmony - Zurvan



The story continues after Twilight Sparkle leaves the girls at Canterlot High

  • ...
16
 62
 2,538

Chapter 3: Sundown

They arrive back at the school and all quickly head to the library looking for Sunset Shimmer. The librarian, Card Catalog, sees them obviously looking for something or someone and stops them, “Can I help you?” she asks.

“Yeah, we’re suppose to meet our friend here,” Rainbow Dash answers, “Sunset Shimmer,” she adds as an afterthought.

The librarian looks at them and sighs, “She was here,” she begins then nods towards a computer terminal, “on that computer then she left rather suddenly.”

“Let’s bring up her history and see what she’s been looking at,” Twilight says as she sits at the computer and begins typing rapidly, getting strange looks from the others. “What?” she asks when she sees them staring.

“Sorry,” Applejack says.“I guess we're all are still used to the other Twilight not even knowin’ what a computer is, so you sorta threw us off.”

“If the other me is some kind of pony princess, I guess it makes sense that she wouldn’t have had much use for a computer,” Twilight says as she brings up the history on the computer. “All right, I found the last thing she was looking at...” she says as she starts to read the article and stops suddenly and gasps.

“What is it?” Rainbow Dash asks as she leans over Twilight’s shoulder to read what’s on the screen before her eyes go wide in shock, “Oh.” she manages to mumble.

“Is it as bad as we all feared?” Rarity asks hesitantly.

Rainbow Dash nods and reads, “The paper is sad to report that the young girl, named Sunset Shimmer who has been in a coma suddenly passed in the middle of the night.”

“So she died when the gate closed?” Pinkie asks.

Rainbow Dash nods, “It appears that way.”

“I… I could’ve died?” Twilight squeaks out. “All because of Sunset Shimmer’s greed?” she asks, her voice rising slightly as she struggles to not freak out.

“We don’t know for sure that the gate closing is what killed her,” Rainbow Dash says thoughtfully.

“Hold on, there’s a link here,” Twilight says. “See related news article,” she mutters as she clicks the link. “Look here, something about a car accident.”

“Car accident?” Rainbow Dash asks.

“Looks like she was in a car accident a few days before she died,” Twilight says “A bad one at that.”

“Is that what put her in the coma?” Fluttershy asks quietly.

“Looks that way,” Twilight answers.

“You think Sunset knows that?” Rainbow Dash asks.

“I doubt it, the link hadn’t been clicked yet when I’d sat down”. Twilight says as she gets up “This Sunset sounds like she has issues”

“She was an egotistical megalomaniac,” Rarity remarks.

“She’s trying to change,” Fluttershy says quietly.

“I’m sure she is” Twilight comments

Applejack looks at the screen and clicks back to the other article. “Hey, y’all. This article has where they buried the other Sunset.”

“I bet that’s where our Sunset went,” Pinkie says.

“We should go,” Rainbow Dash says and the others except for Twilight make to go. “You don’t have to come, Twilight,” Rainbow Dash adds when she sees her expression.

“Nobody would blame you for staying here,” Rarity adds. “You don’t even know her.”

“I feel like I know her,” Twilight says quietly. “I don’t know why, or how I would know her, since I am sure that I’ve never met her.”

“Maybe somehow the memories of the other Twilight’s time here are starting to come to you?” Pinkie says. “And eventually you’ll remember everything that happened to her as if it happened to you.”

“You think that’s possible?” Twilight asks with a mix of awe and fear.

“We met a version of you from another world, where she was a pony princess,” Pinkie says simply. “I’d say anything is possible,” she adds with a shrug.

"I suppose you have a point," Twilight says still not totally convinced.

"Everyone into the van," Rainbow Dash says as they head out of the library towards the front of the school.

"As long as someone else drives," Rarity says. "No offense Rainbow Dash, but inspite of the rumors I do not dye my hair, and I don't want to start now."

"Are you implying I drive too fast?" Rainbow Dash asks defensively.

"Not if your qualifying for NASCAR," Rarity retorts with a smirk.

"I'll drive!" Pinkie exclaims.

"NO!" The others respond unanimously.

"Aw, shucks," Pinkie pouts. " I never get to drive," she adds with a heavy sigh.

"I'll drive," volunteers Rarity. "That way I know we'll get there safely."

"Fine!" Rainbow Dash grumbles, tossing her the keys and they all get into the van and head to the graveyard.