• Published 9th Feb 2014
  • 2,031 Views, 15 Comments

Humans, Rainbows and Diamonds - RariDashFan



A human living in Equestria has a generally easy life. Friends, a home, a job and a life. Things are about to change as a friend grows distant. What will the future hold?

  • ...
35
 15
 2,031

Rainbow Ending (READ STORY FIRST)

...Rainbow Dash?” Martin boldly asked. Rainbow’s eyes lighted up, and she attempted to leap out of her bed, only failing due to her damaged wing


“YES! YES I WILL!” Rainbow exclaimed, hugging Martin tightly. Rarity looked at the ground, obviously disheartened, but pulled herself together and smiled.


“I wish you two all the best.” she exclaimed. “Martin, I can assure you I shan’t treat you any differently to how I usually would. I still love you...as a friend.” she smiled. Martin then wrapped her in a hug, and kissed her forehead.

1 YEAR LATER

It was another hard day’s work at the spa. The kind of day where Martin would be glad to just get home and relax. He opened the door to the house and threw himself down on the sofa. He had to admit, clouds were probably one of the comfiest things he’d ever sat on. He really had to thank Twilight more for that permanent cloudwalking spell so that he could live with Rainbow, even if it was for the 163rd time.


“Oh hey Martin, I didn’t hear you come in.” Rainbow happily chirped, walking into the living area, before sitting down next to Martin on the sofa and planting a kiss on his cheek.


“Hi Dashie.” he replied. He loved calling her that, it made her blush without fail. “Don’t forget, we’ve got that 1 year anniversary party of us getting together that Pinkie is putting together tonight.”


“Me? Forget a Pinkie Pie party? I wouldn’t miss it for the world!” Rainbow beamed. “Don’t forget it’s to celebrate my Grand Equestrian win too!” Martin remembered that faithful day. Turns out Rainbow had won by a hoof. Ace Thunder was revealed as the cheat he was and was banned from racing. Justice won out.


Rainbow then lept up and walked off towards the kitchen. Martin decided he’d have a sit down outside. He liked the views from Rainbow’s cloudhouse. He could see almost the whole of Ponyville. He sat in his seat, staring down at the world below. In the centre of Ponyville, he noticed a pony walking out of the boutique. Rarity. As he watched her, he couldn’t help but wonder what life would’ve been like had he chosen Rarity that day, one year ago. He then turned around and saw Rainbow at the front door, smiling at him. It was then that he knew he had made the right choice.

The end.