• Published 9th Feb 2014
  • 2,031 Views, 15 Comments

Humans, Rainbows and Diamonds - RariDashFan



A human living in Equestria has a generally easy life. Friends, a home, a job and a life. Things are about to change as a friend grows distant. What will the future hold?

  • ...
35
 15
 2,031

5 - Confliction

“Owww, what the fuck happened last night?” Martin mumbled as he rose from a bed that wasn’t his own. He felt like he’d been hit by multiple trucks. He looked around him and realised the room wasn’t his. It almost looked like Rarity’s bedroom, but that couldn’t be right, could it? He then looked beside him, pressed into his side, was Rarity, sleeping peacefully. The bedclothes were all thrown off, and the two were barely covered by a small sheet. Even though he couldn’t remember first hand, Martin knew it was obvious what happened last night. He panicked, sitting up in Rarity’s bed.


“Oh fuck, what have I done!?” He thought. He felt so awful. But why? It’s not like Rainbow loved him, especially not after what happened, and Rarity obviously did, what was the problem? Except his feelings for Rainbow were too strong. Even if she hated him now, he couldn’t ignore these feelings. But then again, he had everything he wanted right here. Looking down at the sleeping mare beside him, she was beautiful. No man or colt could ask for a nicer marefriend. Martin needed some time to think, clear his head, and make a decision. He slipped out of the sheet without disturbing the sleeping pony, and pulled his clothes back on. If that wasn’t testament to what happened last night, nothing was. He made his way into the kitchen, and sat. Did he go after the love of his life, or stick with the loving pony he has? Suddenly, he was interrupted by Rarity entering the room.


“Darling, I’m so sorry.” Rarity said to Martin, tearfully. “It’s just, it’s been so long since I’ve felt the kind of love I felt for you, and everything happened so fast last night. I acted very foolishly, and took advantage of your state. If you don’t wish to see me, I understand.” Rarity was holding back the tears, but the look of sadness and embarrassment on her face was apparent.


“Rarity, there’s no need to apologise. It’s all my fault. No matter what state I was in, I shouldn’t have lead you on like that. But, last night, I felt things for you that I never thought I’d feel for another pony other than Rainbow. Even when I woke up, looking at you, it was love.” Martin gathered whatever he could from his scrambled mind and spoke, hoping it would calm the situation.


“But what about Rainbow? You can’t deny you love her, and I feel like I’ve made the whole situation unbearable for you.” Rarity spoke softly.


“Don’t blame yourself, whatever you do. I love Rainbow, of course, but I think I’m starting to love you too. I need time to think about this. I’ll see you at the race today, okay?” Martin replied, walking out of the boutique. He looked a mess, but he didn’t care about that.


“Okay, I’ll meet you after the race. I hope you’re going to be okay though. Goodbye, darling.”


Martin walked out into the street, the sunlight burning his eyes. He managed to look up at the large clock tower which stretched upwards from Ponyville. 10:15, it read, and the race started at 12pm. He had no plan whatsoever on how to save Rainbow from her impending defeat, and in fact, he’d spent the time that he could’ve used to help her drinking and sexing up one of her best friends. But from the looks of things, she’s content to live her lie. Did that make it right or wrong to not help her? Martin was conflicted. He decided to head home and grab something to eat.


Martin turned into the street where his house located to find that he’d received some mail in his mailbox.


“I hope that mailmare hasn’t mixed up my post again.” Martin thought to himself as he opened the mailbox. Nope, the solitary letter that occupied the mailbox was addressed to him, but only contained his name, so somepony must’ve delivered it by hoof. He took the letter and walked inside. He then sat down on the couch and began to read:


“Martin,


I’m so sorry. I should’ve listened to you, you were right. Ace Thunder did only use me to find out my weaknesses. I woke up one morning to find all of my training journals ravaged and my personal training guides missing. I decided to go hunting for them, and found that Ace did it. I’m so, so sorry.


Let me make it up to you. Meet me at the entrance of the competitor’s waiting room at the race location at 11am. If you’re not there, I’ll understand.
Love, Rainbow Dash”


Martin didn’t quite know what to feel. He felt relief, hope and happiness, but also anger, regret and sadness. Martin still had some time to kill before he’d have to leave, so he decided to freshen up with a shower, before changing his clothes to something more presentable than the cider-soaked shirt and jeans he was wearing, and headed out.


The venue for the race was just outside of Ponyville. It was a structure made up of 4 large stands, making up a bowl-shaped stadium. It looked like it could hold about 50,000 ponies. Outside of the stadium, were many different stalls and ponies walking about, most heading for the stadium. Although the race started in Ponyville, it spanned all across the land. It was quite an honour to host the start of the race, which probably explained the festivities going on around the town. It didn’t take Martin long to reach the competitor’s entrance, but with the amount of time it took him to get ready, it was about 11am. As he turned the corner and the entrance came into view, Rainbow Dash was standing, pacing about nervously. She spotted Martin and galloped over to him.


“You’re here!” Rainbow excitedly exclaimed, before going in for a hug, which she then decided against finishing. “I’m so sorry for what I said to you. I-I was being stupid, I couldn’t see I was being used. I hope you can forgive me.” Rainbow could barely look straight at Martin, who was looking sternly down at the blue pegasus.


“I forgive you.” Martin said, calmly. Rainbow then looked up and Martin and pulled him into a hug, which he returned. “But what’re you going to do about the race?” Martin asked. “Ace knows everything about your racing style now, how can you win?”


“Please, I’m Rainbow Dash! How can I not win?” Rainbow cockily replied. She and Martin then said their goodbyes, with Martin wishing luck to Rainbow before they turned away. However, before Martin could get too far away, he felt a tugging on his leg. He turned around to see Rainbow behind him.


“Hey, I said I’d repay you, didn’t I?” Rainbow said in a smooth, seductive voice. She then flew face to face with Martin and pulled him into a passionate kiss. The two locked together in a lover’s embrace, then slowly ceased, and pulled away from one another. Rainbow then flew away into the waiting area with red tint in her cheeks. Martin just stood there, stunned. After composing himself, he decided the best plan would be to get to the seats where he was meeting Rarity.