• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 5,252 Views, 243 Comments

The Overlord - Space Wizard Novablast



When the mysterious figure known only as 'the overlord' travels to Equestria seeking dominance, what will happen?

  • ...
14
 243
 5,252

The Overlord and the one who never laughs part 2

Meanwhile, above the skies of Canterlot..........


"ITS A BLACK HOLE!" Someone shouted, making everyone not on the wrong side of Birlam turn their heads. What they were greeted with was a giant spinning vortex that only seemed to grow in size by the second.

But then, they noticed something that almost seemed to drop from it.

A figure, plummeting towards the ground as if a meteor. Fire engulfing the small figure that got ever closer, until every pony, pegasus, and unicorn could hear the whistling sound of him hurtling towards the surface.

But soon, that came to an abrupt halt as the thing landed. And immediately everyone soured up.

"Sup bitches!" Ollie screamed, throwing up the horns with his right hand, seeing as his left was still carrying a pretty dazed luna over his shoulder. "The Overlord is back!"

Were before everyone had been ducking for cover, they were now just glaring at Ollie.

"What?" He said shrugging as best he could with an unconscious princess slumped over his shoulder. "This really shouldn't piss you off at this point."

"Get the F#cker!" Someone yelled, and that sparked the wave. Everypony dropped whatever they'd been holding onto before and charged after Ollie, who despite his attempts to look cool had known this would happen from the instant he'd landed, turned around and ran as fast as his armour would allow him.

And what a perfect time for Luna to wake up again.

Ollie heard some in audible noises from his left, and at first he paid it no mind. But when he outright heard moans he turned his head slightly, and saw that Luna's eyes were slowly opening. Which, was soon accompanied by a "WHAT IN THE NAME OF TARTARUS AND ALL THE UNHOLY CREATURES I HAVE TRAPPED WITHIN, ARE YOU DOING?"

"Running, I think that should be kind of obvious!" He shouted back, catching his breath and trying his best to concentrate. Which Luna somehow noticed, probably because she could finally detect some intelligence in that head of his.

"What're you doing you infantile idiot?" She yelled, breaking Ollie's concentration slightly.

"I'm trying to find Jack," he said, turning a left corner. "I'm just trying to detect incredible stupidity."

Luna seemed like she was about to say something but closed her mouth before a word escaped. "Fair enough." She said, slumping back down and realising that she would get no more conversation there.

But then Ollie stopped, at a dead end.

"Shit, shit shit shit!" Ollie cursed to himself. "I can feel he's close, I know he is!"

He just finished that sentence, as he was pulled into a small alleyway.

"You seriously need to be more careful you twit." Said a familiar cockney voice from the shadows. Said voice was Jack, still wearing his top hat, waistcoat, and small glasses. "You were close to gathering all of Canterlot here."

Ollie smirked, "You know how it is, they just can't help themselves."

"Hurhurhur, very funny." Jack rolled his eyes and waved his boss along, "come on, I fear that we might be wasting too much time by standing here doodling."

"Well well, look who's got his big boy pants on all of a sudden." Ollie said mockingly, before he noticed that Jack was actually looking remarkably serious, when juxtaposed with his usual behaviour. "You're serious?"

"Remember when I told you in the letter that I'd found someone who'd like to meet you?" Jack asked, to which Ollie nodded with little amusement. "It's him."

Luna looked up at Jack, every time something was referred to as an it, or him, or her, it was usually something very very bad.

Ollie, much like Jack, retained remarkable seriousness through the entire conversation. "Lead the way, and hurry up."

Jack nodded and turned around. He started walking and Ollie followed suit. They followed similar looking brick walls down completely identical alleys until finally they reached what seemed to be fire, and upon further inspection it was a small fire. With a pony sitting next to it.

"Is that him?" Ollie asked, pointing at the unicorn huddled in a blanket next to the fire. To Luna the pony didn't look extremely important, mostly he looked like a bum.

"Indeed, he doesn't seem to remember anything about the whole ordeal." Jack nodded towards the unicorn. "Or even how he got here. But he's constantly been mumbling your actual name ever since I found him."

"You think he might remember me?" Ollie asked, constantly confusing Luna with every word that escaped Jack and Ollie's mouths.

"Okay," Luna started, "I have a lot of questions, but right now I will keep it simple.... Can you put me down, please?"

Ollie nodded before lifting Luna down as carefully as he could. When Luna finally had both hooves on the ground she breathed out. "I swear, if you ever carry me around like that again I will murder you slowly and painfully."

She shook her head, "Now, please tell me who this pony is."