• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 5,228 Views, 243 Comments

The Overlord - Space Wizard Novablast



When the mysterious figure known only as 'the overlord' travels to Equestria seeking dominance, what will happen?

  • ...
14
 243
 5,228

Prologue

"So boooored!"

The Overlord, that was all he called himself and it was what everyone referred to him as, was sitting on his gigantic throne made of bones, obsidian, and the virginities of a thousand nuns, he was convinced he had forgotten some of the other components, but right now they slipped his mind. He was resting his head on his arm while listening to the complaints of one of his most trusted minions. Kazakh, bringer of death and crude humor.

"Silence Kazakh, or I'll cut your head off and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine!"

The second of his most trusted, Morbidus, magician of pestilence and farts. Like the other of his minions, he was an imp, of the slightly more intelligent blue variant. But Morbidus had very early on displayed intelligence that far surpassed those of his blue brethren.

"What sun?" Kazakh threw his small red arms into the air, "when our master came to power he brought upon eternal night." He quickly turned toward his master in question, The Overlord, with a sincere apology, "which I am greatly appreciative of, of course." Before he turned back towards his blue counterpart. "But there is nothing for us to do!"

Morbidus merely snorted, "go torture the filthy citizens if you're that bored of living in the castle!" The blue imp was playing with a small mouse, occasionally letting it escape and then catching it by the tail.

"But that's boring too!" Kazakh whined, slamming a fist at the ground, "if only there was more to conquer!"

The overlord tapped his armored chin thoughtfully, shining red orbs completing the visage of a 'Dark lord' as it was. Although he actually preferred the name Dark Magician. "For once in your life your suggestions might be of use Kazakh." The small imp turned toward his master with a puzzled expression before smiling broadly and nodding enthusiastically, "of course, of course!"

The Overlord rose from his chair, his armor creaking and rattling as he stepped down and started walking out of the throne room. Most of his guards bowed deeply, those few who didn't he obliterated by a mere thought, leaving the cleanup imps with quite the job on their small ugly hands.

He reached a small chamber with more of his ugly guards stationed out front. While the red, green, and blue imps were fairly intelligent, the brown ones whom acted as his foot soldiers and now guards were completely brain dead. You could've replaced their brains with a handful of dirt and people wouldn't have noted any difference, besides a slight rise in intelligence.

The brown imps quickly scurried off to the side and bowed as the doors opened before the overlord. Inside was a huge ornate room with runes running along the walls and bookshelves filled with mystical tomes and ancient scrolls holding immense knowledge. But that was not his subject of interest. Rather, it was the person who kept this place in order.

"Corvernus!" He yelled, his voice bouncing off the walls and reaching the subject of interest, "Your master requires your pitiful existence for a short time!"

A small crooked man with beady eyes and a pair of reading glasses balanced on his beak-like nose hurried from behind a bookshelf to bow before the overlord. "Greetings master, lord of the inferno, banisher of the light, slaughterer of the innoce-"

The overlord abruptly cut him off with a slight shake of his head. The rattling of his armor bringing the librarian and subsequent wizard back to his eye level.

"What is it you need great lord?" He asked, rubbing his skeleton like hands together while grinning like a madman. It was common fact that Corvernus dabbled in dark magic, and it has subsequently driven him crazy, both were things the overlord appreciated greatly.

"Would there happen to be a spell within this pitiful excuse for a library that would enable me to travel between worlds?" He looked around searchingly for any scrolls with indications on them. But like the paranoid master that both he and Corvernus was, there was no labels. So a magical scroll could grant you either the untold power of the elements, or turn you into a frog.

"Why yes there is my lord," Corvernus nodded enthusiastically while rubbing his hands together, "as a matter of fact it is quite a simple spell." He waved his hand toward a table. "I can send you off immediately if it pleases you."

"It would please me immensely my dear servant." The overlord said, empty voice completely contrasting the childlike glee he was feeling. A new world, new places to explore, new races to murder, new methods of torture to be attempted, new lords to corrupt, it was almost too good to be true.

"Then please my lord, I have some delightful options for you right here!" He indicated a hand towards a few different maps, each of them with a new landscape the overlord had never seen before.

"Please inform me of these various worlds." The overlord still carried no emotion in his voice, sounding more bored than anything else.

"Of course, of course!" Corvernus pointed one bony finger towards what looked to be huge green plains, "this one is called Hyrule. But I would not personally recommend going there, they have this sort of eternal conflict between light and darkness going on. So you'd have competition." The overlord nodded, while a challenge was fun he never desired to fight colleagues, unless it was necessary.

"This," he pointed towards yet another map, this time one with several different countries labelled with different names. He caught sight of names like Lordaeron, or Dun Morogh. "Is Azeroth, but that place is kind of a mess. It's constantly terrorized by weird evils, and recently some ancient panda race was rediscovered there."

The overlord shuddered, if there was one thing he hated it was pandas. They went completely against everything he stood for. They were cute and cuddly, not frightening and deadly like a bear should be. The only good thing was that he had slaughtered every last one of them as his number one priority. But taking on an entire race of the cuddly bastard did seem like too much of a trudge.

"Then there is this one." Corvernus put on a disgusted looked, "it's called Equestria, and while it is incredibly weak and easily overthrown......." Corvernus looked his master straight into his orbs, "it's populated by horse-people."

"Centaurs?"

"No my lord, they are weird technicolored freaks with bright fur and hair that makes them look outlandish." He grimaced while quickly removing his finger from the map in disgust. "I much prefer our hellsteads, at least they have the intimidation factor."

The overlord nodded. While he himself had no compassion for cuteness and brightness he understood why the filthy mortals enjoyed it so much.

But for the sake of everything cruel and unreasonable they had to be destroyed.

"Convernus, you will immediately send me to Equestria!" The overlord slammed his fist into the table as if to emphasize his point.

The magus sighed and shrugged, "if you say so my lord. Place your hand on the map."

The overlord did as instructed, placing a single armored hand on the rough paper. Immediately he could sense the magical energies flowing between him, the map, and the sorcerer. But his excitement at inter dimensional teleportation was ruined when he saw the smug smirk on the mages face.

"Enjoy being stuck for the next year 'overlord'," he cackled. The overlord could feel himself being sucked into the map, his fingers and soon his arm becoming blurrier by the second.

"Convernus, YOU PUNY WRET-!"


Twilight sparkle could hear a whistling noise as she was busily cleaning the library. It had been, and was still, filthy beyond belief. But an hour or two with a mop would solve that.

But apparently the whistling noise thought differently.

It got louder and louder, and it sort of reminded her of the sound a changeling made when dive bombing. But it grew steadily, and seemed to come from the outside.

She opened one of the pigeon hole sized windows, and immediately the sound became more apparent. She looked up at the sky to spy out for any changelings.

She moved just in time, as the flaming ball she had seen speeding towards her house shredded open the wall and landed in a heap next to a now broken bookcase. She couldn't feel her eyebrows, which probably meant they were gone, along with some of her mane.

The fiery ball was some weird bipedal creature wearing incredibly dark clothes, or armour, yes it was definitely armour. It opened its eyes, or orbs, and lifted a single........... Claw, into the air.

"Greetings, citizens of Equestria, your new lord has arrived."

And that was all he could say before his arms slumped down beside him as his world became completely black.

"What in tartarus?"