• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 5,252 Views, 243 Comments

The Overlord - Space Wizard Novablast



When the mysterious figure known only as 'the overlord' travels to Equestria seeking dominance, what will happen?

  • ...
14
 243
 5,252

The overlord and his newfound love

"So why exactly am I chained up here?" Ollie asked from the air. For once in his life he was hanging from the roof with rope tied around each of his ankles. Even though it was his first time it was still a déjà vu...... For slightly different reasons.

"Because I'm not interested in you attacking The Princesses." Twilight said as she placed some cups on a small table. So far Ollie could count four, which meant that either he was joining or there was more than two rulers.

"Still doesn't explain why I'm up here." Ollie scoffed, swinging lightly to entertain himself at least a little.

"Well, the behavior and attitude you've shown so far makes me think you won't be so........ Positive, towards Celestia or Luna." Twilight said, smiling sheepishly at the beaming human. As she said this, the doorbell echoed through the treehouse and made the unicorn smile. "When you speak of the sun."

"It shines......." Ollie droaned. Still swinging to attempt some kind of entertainment.

"Hello princess!" Twilight said from the doorway. Her voice was a higher pitch than normally, making Ollie think that maybe his jailor wasn't too confident.

"Hello Twilight." Ollie saw an incredibly large pony step into sight, unlike the others this one had both horn and wings. She was also a little big around the waists. But the princess's look turned from one of warmth to confusion once she caught sight of Ollie. "....... Interesting choice of ornament my student, but I personally find it a bit rustic."

"Speak for yourself you fat crossbreed."

The princess had to blink a few times, she wasn't used to ponies, or in this case even less, humans insulting her. The most disrespect shed ever received was from Discord, but this thing broke new records.

And she couldn't help but laugh.

Twilight stead in awe, first at Ollie, but not soon after she stared at Celestia whom was by now rolling on the floor and cleaning it with tears of joy.

"You do have a strange gift for finding the most entertaining of friends my dear student." Celestia said once her fit of laughter had passed, she was still wiping her eyes clean of joyful tears. "But it's been ages since someone had the guts to actually insult me." She got up and walked over so she was on eye level with the dangling Ollie. "Tell me, what's your name?"

Ollie merely huffed Luke-warm air in her face before turning his head in another direction.

Unbeknownst to both of the alicorns, he had been futile attempting to summon his imps the entire damned day. Because this place needed fire, and lots of it, which was certainly things the imps could provide in plentiful quantity. Both no matter how much he tried he could not latch onto their brains. Possibly because they were too far away. But he had found one thing that worked.

His own personal magic.

So when the two ponies turned around with Celestia cuing, "now, I think its time for a cup of tea." He merely shot a small stream of fire up at the rope holding him afloat. Which promptly had him falling onto his face, to the shock and possible enjoyment of both princesses.

He clumsily got up, with some of the rope still tied around him. "HAHAH! IM FREE MOTHERFUCKERS!" He yelled as he promptly ran through the wall of the tree house, leaving an Overlord formed hole in the wood, which for some reason had been scorched on the edges. The princesses could only watch as the rest of the ropes were burned to ashes and he ran towards town square swinging a sword he had apparently materialized only a minute ago.

"Twilight, get the elements."


"Die you filthy products of good manners and behavior!" Ollie shouted as he shot yet another fireball towards a building. The structure erupted into an inferno as soon as the projectile collided with the wooden walls. "Die in the name of all that's evil in this pathetic rainbow horse world."

A royal guard, who looked to be well above 50, walked calmly up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. Ollie turned around with fire still swirling around his hand and just stared bewildered at the pony. "Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to calm down, you're scaring others."

Ollie grabbed hold of the guards wings and threw his arm backward. "That's the bloody point!" He yelled as he tugged his arm forward and threw the pegasus into the clouds. The guard didn't even batter an eye throughout the whole experience. But to be honest, living in ponyville probably meant that you'd seen your fair share of weird shit.

"Thau shalt stop this very moment villainous scum!" Ollie heard a voice yell from somewhere off to the left. He turned towards whomever dared defy him with fire once again covering his hand.

And he was met with the most beautiful sight he had ever seen.

She was gorgeous, with long flowing dark blue hair that twinkled like the stars on a clear summer night. Her....... Fur, he guessed it was fur, was a slightly darker blue than her hair which contrasted each other perfectly. Her eyes were angry, but still beautiful even when filled with unbridled hatred.

And she was the first one who wore shoes! Or horseshoes? At least she didn't run around without anything covering her hooves.

"You are so beautiful...." Ollie whispered, both arms falling down and hanging beside him. All thoughts of destruction were replaced with everlasting desire.

"Charm and sweet talk will not get you out of this filthy arsonist!" She shouted back. Just like Twilight and Celestia this one had both wings and a horn. So she was not only beautiful, but also royalty.

"Your sweet voice is as wonderful as the thousand cries of dying peasants." Ollie said, completely ignoring her previous threats he walked closer, arms held out in preparation for an emotional embrace.

"Stay away from me monster!" She screamed, shooting a single dark blue beam out of her horn that threw him back onto his ass. He looked up, his red orbs, now blue, filled with appreciation and excitement. "Not only beautiful, not only royal, but powerful aswell?" He let out a hearty and raspy laugh. "Truly you will be a fitting mistress of castle Torment." He lunged himself forward and started running as fast as he could towards her. Apparently she got the message, because she turned around and started galloping as fast as possible.

"It doesn't matter where you run princess!" Ollie shouted. "Love knows no limits."

"No," she yelled back, "and neither does stupidity!"

Ollie and his prey eventually found themselves closing in on the library, with his newfound love actually running directly towards it, picking up her pace and then yelling. "TIA! HELP ME!"

Ollie looked towards the library, and caught sight of his six saviors and Celestia whom were staring at the entire scenario and trying their best not to laugh.

"DONT JUST STAND THERE, HELP ME!" His prey screamed at the seven giggling ponies. What was strange was the jewelry attached to the smaller of the seven. Each of them resembling their butt tattooes. Ollie utterly denied calling them cutie marks, because he was pretty sure saying that word would have his throat block itself in a suicide attempt.

"Of course Luna, of course." Celestia said, nodding towards Twilight. The student nodded back and the intricate crown on her head started flashing. The rest of it was blinking aswell, and soon enough Ollie saw a gigantic rainbow torpedoing towards him, and a second or so after he registered moving would be a good idea it slammed into his chest.

And did nothing.

The smoke dissipated, and in a small crater with stones that looked to be shining now stood Ollie. Completely unharmed, and with no changes whatsoever. Other than one thing, his normally red eyes were now a dark blue

"Umm," Celestia said, blinking repeatedly, "well......." She looked to Twilight and her friends, "that was unexpected."

"I'm not entirely sure what that was supposed to do Princess." Ollie said, lunging himself forward towards Luna. "But love knows no limits!"

All seven of the onlookers watched the extremely weird scene play out. Ollie running ahead saying a sentence that was quite peculiar when contrasted to his normal behavior. Luna turning around and running around with him hot on her hooves. Apparently both Pinkie and Rainbow got the message, because they looked at each other with grins as wide as melon slices.

"Ollie and Luna sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" They sung in perfect unison.

"That's it....." Twilight whispered to herself. "Luna, stop running!"

"Arst thou insane Twilight Sparkle?" Luna yelled, neatly dodging underneath Ollie as he grabbed out at her. "I don't know if thou hatst seen what this maniac is capable of, but i would rather not be torn to pieces."

"Trust me Luna, he won't do anything!"

Luna clenched her eyes shut before stopping dead in her tracks. Watching Ollie closing in on her with every passing second. She opened her eyes just as he got into range.

And then he hugged her.

He was just standing there, holding her firmly, not too tight but still enought to feel it.

Twilight and Celestia both looked at each other and winked. Celestia walked up and carefully prodded him on his shoulder, having him let go. She stared straight into his eyes, which were now a vibrant ocean blue.

"I think its time we have a little talk, Mr. Overlord?" She smiled. Which he returned even with a lack of a mouth.

"Please Tia, it's Ollie."

Author's Note:

Omg the feels. :raritydespair:

Seriously though, don't think this'll be a recurring thing. But any story needs character development, and I think you'll like what I've got planned.

That's all for now, hope you enjoyed today's chapter ladies and gentlemen.