• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 5,245 Views, 243 Comments

The Overlord - Space Wizard Novablast



When the mysterious figure known only as 'the overlord' travels to Equestria seeking dominance, what will happen?

  • ...
14
 243
 5,245

The Overlord and the mystery of the mangled mare part 2: electric boogaloo

"So why haven't your torn down the monster infested forest yet?" Ollie asked as they came closer to the everfree border. The buildings of the town long behind them, along with the angry glares of the victims friends or acquaintances.

"Well, we actually can't, it's infested with chaos, which means that we can't so anything to it." Twilight said, sounding disbelieving in her own words.

"Why not just burn it to the ground?!" Ollie raised his voice and threw his arms upward.

"Because Zecora lives there you silly billy." Pinkie said, blowing the pipe directly into Ollie's face, having his entire helmet soaped up by the bubbles. "If we burned it down she wouldn't have a place to stay, and then I'd have to throw a 'were so sorry that we burned down your house on accident so here's a party to cheer you up' party. And I've done way too many of those."

"Pinkie, whenever you open your mouth I feel the sudden urge to strangle myself." Ollie said, clenching his face in an attempt to block out the earth pony.

"Well that's no good." She said, wide smiled scaring Ollie completely shitless.

Twilight was doing her absolute best to block out her two friends, and at this point she felt the need to block them out by the equation; Head+lead pipe=silence. But that was all blocked out once she saw the shadows of the everfree trees on the ground.

"Guys, were here." Twilight said, making both of her associates stop dead in their arguing and look up at the road leading into darkness.

"This doesn't look so scary." Ollie said, peering searchingly into the mist that covered the entire forest at all time. "I take that back, it doesn't look scary whatsoever."

"But it houses unspeakable horrors." Pinkie said, her voice growing deeper and more sophisticated. "Timberwolves roam the sort roads, seeking prey and all passers by who might fancy a stroll." The blew into the pipe, making even more bubbles spew out and fly towards the sky. "The Ursas that lie dormant would eat you, armor and whole if they got the chance." She took the pipe out of her mouth and somehow held it in her hoof, completely defying physics. "The various critters would happily eat your corpse, devouring it in-"

"Great." Ollie sighed, grabbing hold of Pinkie and slinging her over his shoulder. "Let's go."

"No, I dropped my pipe!"


"These, are the scary and terrifying monsters you told me all about and warned me not to get near?" Ollie asked, juggling the heads of still alive timberwolves that continually snarled at him. "They're pathetic!" He yelled, slinging one of them against a tree where it splintered in a howl.

"You can shoot fire Ollie." Twilight almost scolded him. "That's kind of and advantage in and of itself when you're fighting wolves made of wood."

"I've just been punching them though!" Ollie retorted, slinging yet another head towards a tree, this one though merely bounced into a bush with a pathetic whine. "Otherwise I'd be throwing charcoal, not wooden skulls."

Twilight huffed and straightened her suit. "Fair enough."

The walk continue on for a while, until they eventually reached the hut where Zecora lived. The zebra was currently collecting herbs from a small garden outside the house when she noticed the ragtag group approaching her home. Unnecessary to say, she didn't look at Ollie with friendly eyes.

"Greetings Twilight Sparkle, welcome to my lair." She made a small bow before facing her again, "tell me, who is your friend with the fiery stare?"

"Well, Ollie this is Zecora, Zecora this is Ollie." She nodded at each of them in order to introduce them.

"Charmed." Ollie said, showing no sign of emotion other than; booooooored

"A new face is always nice," she smiled nodding at the armored human, "I sense you come here, seeking a prize? Should we speak, under eight eyes?"

"Well," Twilight started, "someone in ponyville was murdered." This made the eyes of the zebra grow to about the size of dinner plates. "And we're pretty sure he's hiding out here in the everfree."

"The message of a killing, is certainly chilling." Zecora pondered for a while before looking up with more wit about her. "Please, enter my hut if you are willing."

"Yay!" Pinkie shrieked, zooming right past the rest of the investigators, leaving Twilight and Zecora with manes that looked like they'd been dipped in glue and placed in front of a jet turbine. While Ollie's hat was dangling from a single thread in front his face, it having been torn completely in half by the spike on his helmet.

"Well, at least she's enthusiastic." Twilight said, smiling sheepishly and desperately trying to straighten her mane.

"Pinkie pie could jump off a cliff and still be enthusiastic Twilight, it's not a bonus." Ollie said, looking with sad eyes at his destroyed hat.

Soon after they heard a scream from inside the hut, which sounded like Pinkie with her throat caught in a vice. Twilight and Zecora forgot all about their manes looking like Hiroshima after the bombing and hurried into the hut. Ollie merely strolled casually behind them, nonchalantly whistling.

Once again he heard screams, this time from Twilight and Pinkie. He picked up his pace and peered into the hut, to find the three ponies standing in a ring around a human with glasses, a long black wool coat and a top hat. In his right hand was an absurdly oversized knife that had dried blood all over the edge.

"Stop right there criminal scum!" Ollie yelled, moreso for his own enjoyment than for the safety of the mares. But as soon as the human got a single look at him he whirled around and jumped out the window.

"What the fuck?" Zecora said.

"Zecora!" Twilight burst out. "You didn't rhyme!"

"I do not know of what you speak." Zecora said, smiling at the princess with closed eyes. "My rhyming is still at its peak."

"Umm, killer, jumped out the window, anyone?" Ollie asked, pointing towards the shattered glass where the human could still be seen running away.

"Right!" Twilight yelled, jumping out the window and chasing after him. Zecora and pinkie soon followed, with Ollie in close pursuit. While he wasn't interested in their well being, this was another human in Equestria, which meant there was a way back.

Soon after Ollie heard a loud *thump* coming from further on. He soon found both Twilight and the killer, with the former standing up and the latter flat on his ass, in front of a tree, with the murderer curiously enough not moving.

"He just ran into the tree." Twilight exclamated, presenting the unconscious human with fake bravado.

"Yeah he did." Ollie said, bending over and picking up a small metallic object. "And I know why." The object in question was the glasses the culprit had been wearing when they'd first seen him.

Ollie picked the human up by the lapels and smacked him in the face, making him wake up bleary eyed and looking around. "Why can't I see anything?" He asked, his voice sounded posh, and his accent was sort of broken cockney.

"No you can't." Ollie said, placing the glasses on his nose. "But I think you should be able to now, right Jack?"

Jack blinked a few times before he knotted his brows. Soon after the confusion on his face turned from such to happy grinning. "Well, don't that beat all?" He pushed himself up from the ground. "Overlord!" He reached out for Ollie and took a hold on his shoulder. "Long time no see!"

"Yes, let go of me right now or I'll evaporate you."

"Okay, alright, sure." Jack lifted his hands above his head and backed away slowly.

"Mares and....... Mares," Ollie said, turning towards the by now gob-smacked zebras and ponies. "May I introduce you to Jack the Ripper, greatest murderer in the entirety of merry old England, and my own personal assassin and associate!"