• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 1,544 Views, 27 Comments

The Princess of Equestia - Ugly-Duckling123



After being hit on the head, Twilight wakes up in a magical land where she's being hunted down by an evil witch

  • ...
9
 27
 1,544

Chapter 1

Twilight felt she was falling though thin air then. 'THUD'... 'CRACK'... 'AGHH'.... Silence.

All was quiet for a few seconds then... "You think she's alright?" a southern accent voice asked.

Twilight opened her eyes to see a lot more pairs of eyes looking at her. Getting up Twilight noticed that the eyes belong to other ponies all dressed up in western outfits. Most of the smaller pony's were hiding behind their mothers looking scared.

"Ya alright there Sugercube?" came the same voice as before. Looking around Twilight saw an orange mare with blonde main and tail.

"I'm fine" Twilight said walking over, making most of the other ponies back away "Thanks?"

Suddenly there was a bright pink light and then standing in front of Twilight was a beautiful pink Alicorn with a crown on her head. Every-pony except Twilight bowed thinking...

The Alicorn turned to Twilight. "Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?" the new pony asked.

Twilight didn't know what to say, getting very nervous with all the eyes on her.

"Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?" the pink pony asked again.

"Neither," Twilight said still looking around. "I'm Twilight. Just... Just Twilight."

"Well 'Just Twilight' my name is Cadence," the Alicorn said smiling "The Good Witch of the North. I was summoned here because the Apples were calling for help because they said Nightmare Moon was attacking them. She's the Wicked Witch of the East." Cadence explained pointing to all the ponies around Twilight and herself. "And now they're saying an new witch killed the old one. That's you." Cadence said nodding towards Twilight who was in shock at the thought that she killed some-pony. "So all we want to know is, are you a good witch, or a bad witch?"

"Look I... I think you got something wrong here," Twilight said looking at every-pony "I didn't kill any-pony..."

"Then what's that?" a small yellow filly asked pointing to a broken tree branch crushing a midnight blue Alicorn, wearing a crescent moon necklace.

"I...I..." Twilight didn't know what to say. Then a loud 'CRACK' and green flames bust up out of nowhere revealing a black Alicorn with bug like wings, a crocked horn, holes in her hooves, seaweed like hair and bright green eyes. This Alicorn walked over to the one under the tree, examining her.

"I thought you said she was dead," Twilight whispered to Cadence as the Apples cowered in fear.

"That was her sister, Nightmare Moon, the Wicked Witch of the East," Cadence explained. "This is Chrysalis, the Wicked Witch of the West."

Suddenly Chrysalis turned around eyes flaring in anger. "Who. Killed. My. Sister." she hissed only just loud enough to be heard. "WHO?" she looked around at all the scared ponies then saw Twilight. "Was it you!" she asked.

"N.. N.. No I didn't mean to kill any-pony." Twilight said trying to get away from Chrysalis getting ever closer to her.

"So you did do it." Chrysalis cried lighting up her horn. "I'll kill you!"

Cadence stretched out a wing protecting Twilight. "You have no power here Chrysalis." Cadence told the Witch. "And even if you did, I would not let you harm this, or any other pony."

Thinking a little the the Witch agreed with Cadence. "You're right Cadence. I need my sister's necklace." Turning around, Chrysalis went to her sister to take the necklace from her. But as Chrysalis got there, the Crescent Moon Necklace disappeared and Nightmare Moon turned into dust leaving only her amour. "What the?"
Then turning to Cadence asked angrily "What did you do with my new necklace?"

"I didn't do anything," Cadence said a smile on her face. "The necklace simply chose a new host." she said pointing to Twilight's neck where the necklace now was.

"Give it back!" Chrysalis screamed.

"Please I ... I don't want it here take it." Twilight said taking the necklace off holding her hoof out.

"Gladly my dear." Chrysalis said reaching out a hoof to take it. "Ow!" she cried as the necklace just shocked her. "What did you do to it?" Chrysalis asked Cadence tending to her injured hoof.

"I didn't do anything," Cadence said "I told you the necklace had chose a new host. Here it is." she pointed to Twilight "And here it will stay."

"I'll get my necklace. I swear it!" Chrysalis cried, then in a loud crack and green flames, she was gone.

"I don't want this, I just want to go home." Twilight said trying to shake off the necklace from her hoof. But the harder she tried, the tighter the thread became around her hoof.

"Well to do that you will need to see the Princess," Cadence said. "She lives in Emerald City. To get there, all you have to do is follow the yellow brick road."

Noise and movement started up from the ponies behind Twilight and Cadence.

"But she can't go there Cadence," the pony from before said "She'll be a sitting duck now."

"I agree Applejack." Cadence said nodding, then an idea hit her. Cadence lit her horn and shot a beam of light into the air. After a few seconds, an orange Pegasus was flying overhead and landed in front of her.

"What can I do for you Cadence?" he asked bowing.

"Twilight, this is Flash Sentry. One of my best guards," Cadence explained to Twilight as the (rather cute) pony got up. "Flash, I would like you to help Twilight here," she showed Flash the (beautiful) mare "get to the Emerald City to see the Princess so she can ask her how she can get home."

"Of course Cadence" Flash said saluting the Good Witch.

"Good luck now you hear!" all the Apples called as Twilight and Flash started on their long journey across the land of Equestia.

Author's Note:

I may have quoted the movie a little bit in here. :twilightblush: