• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 4,426 Views, 130 Comments

Scootaloo's Feelings - abdlpony



Scootaloo is not a normal filly. Deep down she knows the life she lives cannot stay that way forever.

  • ...
19
 130
 4,426

Chapter Seven

Twilight yawned. This was her fourth yawn that morning and the third time she had to get up. Most of her friends had headed home, Rarity and Applejack carefully carrying their sisters. Somehow, Scootaloo remained still and sleeping the whole time. Twilight reached for her living plush, also known as Rainbow Dash, and snuggled closer to her. Then her mind woke up as if a bucket of cold water was poured onto it.

Scootaloo! She was about to spring into action when she quickly realized that Scootaloo was sleeping peacefully (along with Spike) and still had that smile on her face. That couldn’t stop her from being prepared.

“Rainbow…” She nudged the mare, who did nothing. “Rainbow,” she said louder.

“Hmm? Two more minutes…”

“No, we need to prepare. Remember, last night?”

Memories of the laughs and long conversations all of their friends had from last night came flooding back with a vengeance. She did remember, so she opened her eyes. “Fine.. I still say this won’t work out well.”

“We’ll see. Either way, hopefully she will see we love her. Now, get going!” Twilight playfully swatted her butt and soon they were off. Halfway through gathering supplies, Twilight had levitated over a blanket to cover Spike and Scootaloo. After around twenty minutes or so of following Twilight's tedious checklist, they were ready. Of course this could be the dumbest thing we’ve ever done… Feelings of despair and uncertainty crept into the back of Twilight’s mind. She looked over to Rainbow, who was smiling at her nervously. But they think it’s a good idea… let’s do this. Twilight was rarely impulsive with her decisions or plans, but for some reason this crazy one just felt right.

“Ready?”

Dash grinned. “As I’ll ever be… Uh, you sure she won’t find this insulting? I mean we’d, or you would, be basically replacing her mom…”

Twilight smiled confidently. “She was ready to make you her mom, she worked hard at that. This may not be exactly what she wants, but I think this can work out much better.”

“Alright, give me a minute.” Rainbow leapt into the air and gently flew over, hovering above the two. “Scootaloo~” she called into her ear.

The filly’s ears twitched a few times before her eyes began to flutter open. Instead of the massive smile or loud announcement of her name like Dash expected, Scootaloo yawned and snuggled back into Spike. It was time to bring out the big guns. Rainbow plucked a feather from her side and wasted no time in tickling the filly all over.

“Hey! Stop that!” was all Scootaloo got out before she succumbed to a fit of giggles and kicking the blanket over and over.

Spike moaned. “Wha?” He squinted his eyes at the site of a typically macho mare tickling a typically macho filly. “What am I looking at?”

They both stopped after a moment. “Was trying to wake her is all.”

The filly yawned once more. “How long was I out?”

“Not long,” Twilight said from behind her. “It's still morning after all.”

“Twilight? Hey…” Scootaloo felt a bit awkward. They all knew her secrets now. There would be no more hiding.

“Good morning!”

Scootaloo nodded, then turned to Rainbow.

“Morning, squirt!”

“Morning… Uh, what’s all of that?” She pointed to a pile of what was obviously lots and lots of babyish-looking items.

“This is something we wanted to talk to you about.” Twilight placed a hoof on top of a crinkling-sounding diaper, patting it a few times.

Scootaloo blushed and motioned for her to keep talking.

“Right, well… look, we know you got angry at Sweetie Belle over these kind of items in particular, but were you really mad at these or something else?”

For a few moments, the filly did not respond. Then she sighed. “No, I don’t hate her… I don’t think I ever could. I was just mad that she had a mom and Rarity and Apple Bloom had a family taking care of her, I just snapped. I don’t mind those things, I guess.”

“Good, because in this house it’s kind of the norm now.”

The filly raised a brow, and looked around. Spike was blushing quite profoundly, and Rainbow was scratching the back of her head.

“Diapers are the norm?” Scootaloo asked, picturing Spike in one which made her giggle uncontrollably for a few moments. Then she looked up and immediately stopped, Spike was sulking and Rainbow didn’t look much better. “Oh, uh, s-sorry.” Way to go, I’m just a jerk…

Spike wasn’t as quick to accept an apology so he tilted his head up with his arms crossed. Scootaloo sighed, but then felt two hooves on her back, one from Twilight and another from Rainbow. “It’s okay to laugh, Scootaloo. Just make sure you're not doing it to be mean, okay?”

Twilight’s words washed over Scootaloo like before, it felt good and this time she did not care who saw her blush. Twilight sounded motherly.

“Okay,” Scootaloo said, turning to Spike. “I’m sorry for laughing.”

Spike mulled over her words and found no deceit, so he relaxed. “It’s okay,” he said before giggling. “You should see what Twi looks like when she’s bundled up in a d—”

Twilight quickly placed a hoof on his mouth, shutting it. “Okay! So we wanted to try something with you, Scootaloo. But, only if you're okay with it first.” Scootaloo quickly sat down on the floor, looking up expectantly. “Right, well, Dashi… Dash, maybe you should go first.”

Rainbow did her best to fight away the blood rushing towards her cheeks. “Right, so Spike was obviously always part of Twilight’s family.” The young drake beamed with pride. “He…” Rainbow trailed off, and in that very instant, the young dragon seemed to know what they were up to. He quickly swiped a blanket from the pile and a small pacifier and was soon sucking on it in front of the filly, smiling smugly as if to say ‘what of it?’ “Thanks, buddy. And Twilight invited me into her family by… sort of, I guess unofficially adopting me as her daughter. As weird or silly as that sounds.”

No laughing this time, Scootaloo was giving Dash her undivided attention even though Spike was making that quite difficult.

“Anyway, I know this is really sudden, but we…” Twilight and the still suckling Spike stood by Rainbow. “…were wondering if you would join our family. Of course, you’ve been part of your friends family, but we wanted to make it official!”

Scootaloo’s heart skipped a beat or two, this was too good to be true. She figured the baby items on the floor was the only part that was making it too good to be true though. “Uh huh… so both of you would be my mom, or…?”

“Not exactly. I would be your new mother. Of course, I could never replace your mom, but I’d like a chance to be just as good,” Twilight clarified. “Rainbow would still be your big sis, and Spike would be your big brother.”

Even though this was close enough to the moment she had been wanting for for so long, she chuckled. She couldn’t help herself. “Uh, yeah, real big brother there…”

“You said you wouldn’t laugh!” Spike protested, his words muffled by the guard of his pacifier.

“But c’mon! It was a little funny. I was laughing at Twilight, not you, I swear!” Scootaloo quickly went back to being as serious as she could.

Twilight rolled her eyes after checking to makes sure that her son didn’t seem hurt. “Right, so we wanted to make it official by doing something a bit silly I suppose. But first, do you want to be part of our family?”

“Duh! Well, yes!”

The grin on her face was enough. Twilight didn’t feel the need to push things.

“Great! Do you want to try one of these on? Because Rainbow is about to…”

“Well, uh…” Her face gagged for a minute. “Do I have to use it?”

“No!” Twilight smacked her hoof into her face. “Of course not! We don’t exactly do that, I guess it’s a bit complicated to explain. They’re just for comfort, to reassure Rainbow and Spike that they are loved. That’s all, I swear.”

“Okay…” Scootaloo rubbed her chin a few times. “What about the other stuff?”

“They help you get into the roll,” Rainbow said. “See, our plan was to make you feel adopted by bringing you into this family as a ‘newborn’ baby. I know it sounds silly, but that was kind of the point too. They’re just for fun, although Spike really likes his pacifier.”

Spike blushed but nodded.

“And I really like my belly rubs,” Rainbow said, blushing as well. “We just wanted you to see if you could find something you really like, as well. It’s really fun, once you get into it.” Scootaloo still looked uncertain, so Rainbow sighed. “Look, we just wanted to do what Twilight did for Spike and especially did for me, make me feel like I had a real family on top of the friends I have. You don’t have to do any of this if you don’t want to. We would never force this, it’s just for fun.”

It wasn’t that Scootaloo hadn’t been smiling the whole time, albeit a somewhat listless smile. She was simply more curious than enthusiastic at the prospect of becoming their ‘baby’. Before she could respond, the unicorn mare had already started to prepare Rainbow Dash for her undergarment. The curiosity never let up. She watched her fold out a diaper, place it under her bottom, apply some powder and then tape it up. Also, she made sure to loop her tail into the back, and tape that part as well. Scootaloo looked over to Spike, who, she noticed, wasn’t getting one and he simply shrugged.

“He doesn’t always get one, it just depends what mood were all in.”

Then the silence came back, but it wasn’t uncomfortable to Scootaloo. Her entire focus was on one single toy, something that the stack of diapers had blocked her site of. A red, stuffed dragon. She walked up to it and looked to Twilight who smiled and nodded. She placed it in her hooves and felt the material rub along them. It felt nice, and out of nowhere she hugged the plush to her chest. “Uh, if its all the same to you guys, can I just play with this?”

The dragon and mare looked at each other, and then grinned and shrugged in unison. “Fine by me, dragons rule!” Spike cheered.

“If that’s all you want. Welcome to our family, Scootaloo.” Twilight brought her in for a hug, making sure to not squish her new plush toy.

“C’mon, little sis, let’s go play!” Scootaloo declared. Rainbow took on a stoic expression and then saluted the filly.

The four soon found themselves in a toy fight, containing mostly soft plushies and pillows. Scootaloo felt warm inside with no cares or worries for the first time since she could remember. She was home, and she felt free. Twilight knew it would be extra work to help take care of a filly, but her decision was not taken lightly. She knew there was a difference between taking care of a real and a pretend child. It would all be worth it in the end though, as long as Scootaloo smiled and her family was happy. Everything was perfect… then the four heard a few quick knocks at the library door. Scootaloo walked over to the door and, without thinking, quickly opened it.

“Uh,” she said, blushing as she glanced at the plush dragon on her back, “hey, girls. What’s up?”