• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 4,230 Views, 64 Comments

My Little Pony: Parallel Equestria Girls - rcmero



After Twilight and Spike go through the portal, they suddenly show up again, but Spike is acting like a dog, and Twilight claims she's a human...

  • ...
18
 64
 4,230

Helping Twilight Sparkle Win the Crown


After successfully getting the students’ attention, and unaware of Sunset Shimmer’s behind-the-scenes actions, the girls have been helping Twilight improve her public image and help her get used to her human body. Rarity’s camera helped out a lot here. During that day, Twilight has been doing things such as help Applejack mend the flower gardens at the front of the school (and trying to eat one of the flowers before Applejack told her they aren’t meant to be eaten). She even got some other students to help her.

Twilight picks up a plant on a pile of the dirt and turns around, accidentally bumping into Flash Sentry, dropping the plant and getting dirt on his shirt.

“Oh… sorry…” says Twilight.

“No big deal,” Flash replies brushing off his shirt. The two grab the plant at the same time and when they notice this they start blushing. Flash lets go of the plant and quickly exits the scene.

Rarity heads over to Twilight and sees her blushing. “You’re pretty gutsy, Twilight. You already tried to take her crown... who knows what Sunset Shimmer would do if you end up getting her ex-boyfriend too.”

Twilight tries to find the right words. “I’m not trying to… I don’t even know… we just…” Twilight then realizes what Rarity said. “Ex-boyfriend?”

“Flash Sentry broke up with her three weeks ago,” Fluttershy explains. “I can’t believe she hasn’t done something terrible to him yet…”

“Maybe she’s just waiting for the Nibiru to do something unspeakably bad to him!” Twilight theorizes.

“Well we won’t let anything like that happen!” Rainbow Dash assures Twilight. “Now work on that camera, Rarity. We got some more stuff to do!”


Later that day, Rainbow Dash and Twilight have arranged a 1-on-1 soccer match, just for fun. According to Dash, this will help others think of Twilight as a supportive person and will also think she is a real team player. It would also help her getting used to being bipedal.

Sure enough, Twilight got her butt kicked by Rainbow Dash. She even placed the ball near Twilight’s feet, but when she went to hit the ball, Dash stole the ball and marked an impressive goal. But it’s all in good fun.

Eventually, the others watching Twilight’s match decided to join in as well, making it a huge soccer game being played at that time. Twilight looked at the scene and smiled. Everything was going according to plan.

But unbeknownst to Twilight, Sunset Shimmer was spying nearby. Snips and Snails had been taking photos of Twilight’s poor soccer skills. When they showed the photos to Sunset, she gained a huge, nasty grin on her face, like she knew just what to do with them.


Later that day, at the cafe, Twilight was ordering her milkshake drink. She obviously didn’t have any money to purchase the drink, but the others were more than happy to lend some money to Twilight--with interest! Okay, just kidding, had to get that outta my system.

“And can I get mine with extra oats?”

“Oats?” Twilight, what are you doing? You’re gonna blow your cover!

“Uhhh… never mind! However you usually make it is fine.”

Grabbing her drink, Twilight turns around but accidentally bumps into Flash Sentry (again), spilling her drink on him and dropping the cup on the ground. Twilight looks at him, worried.

“We gotta stop bumping into each other like this,” says Flash. Grabbing a few napkins, he tries to clean himself. “Sorry for that, by the way.”

“It’s okay…” says Twilight.

Flash looks at himself. “Looks like the drinks are on me!” The two laugh at Flash’s joke.

Twilight and Flash bend down to grab the cup. Twilight grabs it and Flash grabs Twilight’s hand. The two realize this and blush. Twilight gets up and quickly exits the scene to another area of the room.

Two people were already there. One of them was Pinkie Pie. The other Twilight didn’t recognize, though she had the feeling she’d seen them from somewhere. He was a red-coloured boy with black and white hair styled like Rainbow Dash’s. He was wearing brown glasses and a light red t-shirt with a pencil on it. The two were using laptops, though his was black with a weird C-shaped symbol on it (or maybe it was a Q, Twilight wasn’t sure). Twilight really thought she’d met him before… maybe she’d met him as a pony?

“That’s Twilight, right?” he asks Pinkie.

“That’s her, alright, John,” Pinkie responds.

“You said she needed help with using a computer?”

“Yeah… you saw that video Sunset Shimmer posted, didn’t you?”

“Who hasn’t?” The two share a laugh. “And from the looks of it, you’re worse than my mother when using a computer. And she can barely use a computer.”

Twilight really needed to know. “Look… John, was it? I have this nagging feeling I’ve seen you before…”

“You’ve met my pony self, I’m guessing.”

This caught Twilight by surprise. “How… did you…”

“Pinkie Pie told me,” John responded. “And trust me, when you’ve been with her that long, you start to not question what she says. And as a writer, I can believe crazy stories like that.”

“You’re a writer?” asks Twilight.

“Well, it’s really kind of more of a hobby… and I’ll never be that good of a writer as A. K. Yearling, but it’s a start.” He went into his backpack and pulled out a book. “Here’s my first story. You can keep it, I have it online.” He hands the book to Twilight. She opens it and starts looking at it. “I’m currently working on the sequel. I really need to work on it sometime soon, I’ve been neglecting it for years. My fans don’t like that, you know?”

Pause.

“Anyway, back on topic. Come sit here next to me, I’ll let you use my laptop. I got just the thing to help.”

Twilight sits down next to John and looks at his laptop. A strange-looking window was displayed.

“Go ahead, run the program,” John suggests.

“How… do I…”

“Just type win.”

Twilight looks at where the W key was located and punches her fist at it.

“Not like that! You’re gonna break the keyboard!” John yells. He sighs. “You are definitely worse than my mother... Just use your fingers, Twilight.”

Twilight looks at her hands and slowly opens them, using her fingers to type the characters, looking at the screen every time she presses a key to make sure she pressed the right one. Once she is done, Twilight asks “Okay, now what?”

“Now press Enter. It’ll open the operating system. Then just let me start up the tutorial program and you’ll give it a try for a while.”

Twilight presses the Enter key. The screen goes black and the splash screen of what John called the operating system is shown for a split second. Then the screen goes white (or grey if you want to be exact) and a window is displayed within the larger window.

“Great, you got it working. Now I just need to start the tutorial application…”

He grabs the mouse and starts moving it around. As Twilight is watching, she feels confused. John looks at Twilight’s confused face.

“Don’t worry, the tutorial teaches you how to use a mouse.”

Twilight didn’t know what the “mouse” he was talking about was, but seeing the object he was using, it was definitely not the mouse Twilight was thinking of.

After a short while, the smaller window disappears and the bigger window takes a different appearance.

“It’s kinda outdated, but it gets the job done.”

Twilight looks at the screen, confused. “How do I start?” she asks.

“Just press the M key,” John explains. “Once you’re done, let me know. Pinkie and I have found some very interesting information we’d like to share with you.”

Twilight presses the button as instructed. Just then, the two hear muffled music being played.

“Oh, sorry, that’s mine.”

As Twilight keeps executing the tutorial, John goes to his pocket and pulls out a strange, black rectangular-shaped object, which Twilight could guess was some sort of phone.

“Seems my sister wants to tell me something.”

He slides his finger to the right to answer the call and brings it to his ear.

“Hey, sis, what’s up? … Look, I told mom and dad where I was going. The question is, where are you? You left before me. … Those girls are a bad influence to you. You really shouldn’t hang out with them. … Don’t tell me that, Teresa! Look, you’re always hanging out with those girls, helping them make those ridiculous music videos nobody likes. Which I really shouldn’t blame you since I used to do stuff like that too. But still! One of these days you’ll be going home with them when all of a sudden someone comes out with a knife or a pistol and robs you four. … No, no, no, I’m only doing what’s best for you. Now when I go home I’m gonna talk to mom and dad and see what they think about you hanging out with them. … Now don’t you start crying a river on me, it’s not going to work. I’m only thinking the best for you, sis, you know that. … Don’t worry about it, mom and dad aren’t going to ground you. They’ll just talk to the girls’ parents and they’ll take proper actions and see if they think you should hang out with them. I’m sure Applejack and Rarity are worried about you hanging out with their sisters too. … Don’t worry, they’re not here. Just Pinkie and Twilight. … You know Twilight, right? Stood up to Sunset Shimmer yesterday. … Yeah. Her. Look, Sunset Shimmer set her up with that ridiculous video. There’s a reason why I never voted for her. Anyway, it’s stuff like that that makes me worried, Teresa. That’s why I really don’t think you should hang out with those kids. You’ll end up ruining your reputation and nearly everyone at school ends up bullying you until you graduate. Just like what happened to me. You remember Apple Bloom’s cousin Babs, right? … Yeah, exactly what she was doing. To her own cousin even. Look, I’m looking out for your future. I’ve been to numerous psychologists all my life, I don’t want you doing the same thing. … Glad we understand now. And don’t worry, mom and dad know where I am. See ya soon sis.” John then pulls out the phone from his ear. “Sorry about that,” he tells Twilight.

“Who was that?” asks Twilight as she stares at the screen. She had just finished the first part of the tutorial and was about to start the second part.

“That was my younger sister Teresa. Seems mom and dad have called her to see if I was with her. Even though I clearly told them where I was going. Seriously, sometimes I think my own mother is overprotective of me.”

“What was that argument about?”

“Apparently Teresa has been hanging out with those three girls… Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. They’ve really gotten into a lot of trouble together. Then all of a sudden the four of them decide to start making music videos together and wouldn’t you know it, she takes dad’s camera and says I took it! I got in so much trouble that day! Plus, I had to buy another camera for him! With my money! Those things aren’t cheap, you know!”

“What was that about Babs you told your sister?”

“You know Babs Seed, right?” Twilight nods in approval. “Well, see, during Rarity’s freshman year Babs kept her all to herself. She and Sunflower were just faking being Rarity’s friends! In the end they were bullying Applejack and Fluttershy just to keep Rarity to themselves! You see why I don’t want my sister to be bullied like that?”

Twilight smiles. “I understand how you feel. You’re doing all this just to make sure your sister ends up having a better future with a nice group of friends.”

“Thanks for understanding how I feel, Twilight.”

“You remind me a lot of my own brother, actually.”

“You have a brother?”

“Yes… last I saw him was back at the castle.” Twilight then realizes what she said. “Wait, I mean…”

“I know what you meant, Twilight. Remember that Pinkie told me all about it?”

Twilight couldn’t help but smile. At least someone in this world didn’t think she was crazy. And she didn’t even need Starswirl the Bearded this time.

“Anyway, are you done yet?”

Twilight looked at the screen. “I think so…”

“Great! Now if you could just take a gander at Pinkie’s laptop for a moment. We were talkin’ about you, and we found some stuff about you.”

“Really? What?”

“Well, it’s nothing special, really, Twilight,” Pinkie explained, showing Twilight her laptop monitor. “We were doing some simple searches about you when I asked John here if it was possible to find a person’s address from their name. He showed me the website and I put in your name. Sure enough, I got an address!”

Twilight quickly put two and two together. “Is that where I’ll find my parents’ house?”

“Your human you’s parents, yes! Later today we’ll be heading there. I’m sure they’re worried sick about… well, you.”

“Well, true… they haven’t seen… well, me, in a few days now. Thank you very much, you two.”

“Was nothing,” John spoke up. “Anything to help Twilight Sparkle win the crown.”

Author's Note:

Oooh wee. I got a lot of stuff to say in this chapter. So much that I'm releasing it here first. You'd better grab a chair or something.

1. The mobile game has the song's name just as Cafeteria Song.

Another video I found had the song's title simply be Equestria Girls. I prefer this unofficial title, though. It allows me to make a title drop at the end.
2. Yeah, adding an OC. Which is the human version of my ponysona. I'll show you what it looks like in a second. I don't care if you don't like self-inserts, I'm doing it anyway.
3. Shameless self advertising of my first story. Like I already said in the story, I am working on the sequel. Eventually.
4. Surprise, I added a different scene involving the CMC! Just because I didn't add the original scene (like I said, it was exactly like in the original) doesn't mean I didn't bring a scene with them in. My sister also has a ponysona, so I decided to put her in too. Here's what me and my sister's ponysonas look like. I'll leave to your imagination what they look like in the EqG-verse.

Also, according to Wii Party, her name is actually a pretty regular English name unlike mine, so I decided to keep it unchanged.
5. Yes, that is my ringtone. What can I say, I'm a rabid Ace Attorney fan. In fact, starting today, I have officially finished the entire Phoenix Wright trilogy. Rise from the Ashes took forever to finish.
6. Yes, that is my laptop. HP Compaq Presario CQ58, pretty good piece of technology if I do say so. Anything that can run Portal 2 and Sonic Generations is fine in my opinion.
7. Included a reference to the Equestria Girls comic in this chapter. Don't think just because this is alternate universe it never happened.
7. I have used the Windows 3.1 tutorial to educate other people on using a computer before. Just in case you're wondering why I'm using it here.
8. Someone mentioned the "elephant in the room" before... well I'm bringing it up now. Twilight will be seeing her parents either in the next chapter or the one after that.