• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 4,221 Views, 64 Comments

My Little Pony: Parallel Equestria Girls - rcmero



After Twilight and Spike go through the portal, they suddenly show up again, but Spike is acting like a dog, and Twilight claims she's a human...

  • ...
18
 64
 4,221

Magic Lessons

After successfully getting flying mastered, it was about time the others helped Twilight with her magic. Rarity and Shining Armour have been helping her with this for quite some time now. It could have gone better though… as Twilight has been doing spells that Trixie could boast about and then some.

First time she tried to do a shockwave spell, she ended up doing a small earthquake. It seems Twilight’s magic is still as strong as it always has been. Luckily nopony was hurt in the process.

Afterwards, she tried to do a resizing spell. The spell backfired and launched straight towards Applejack, making her hat shrink to the size of a pea. Surprisingly, Applejack wasn’t fazed a bit by this. After being Appleteeny, I guess she has been expecting something like it to happen again. Luckily it was just her hat and not her.

Shining kept wondering how Twilight was going to learn all such advanced types of magic in such short time. After all, the Nibiru was due to come up shortly.

“Okay, Twily, next is a simple energy ball,” Shining Armour spoke up. “Just focus on your magic and you should be fine.”

Twilight focused as hard as she did on the spell. She had the ball set up and everything…
but as soon as she took a peek, it exploded into fireworks.

Shining sighed. “This is going to be a lot harder than I thought…”


“Come on darling,” Rarity spoke up. “I know you can do a invisibility spell…”

Twilight looked at the target in front of her: just a simple apple. At least it was immobile. Twilight focused all of her magic, her horn lighting up. Suddenly, as Twilight launched the magic blast, it went out of control, flying all around the room, ricocheting all over the place, before finally hitting Pinkie Pie.

When the blast from the spell faded away, everypony looked at Pinkie to see that she looked like she was missing her head. Everypony’s eyes were as wide as dinner plates, their jaws dropped to the floor.

“What? Girls, I’m okay!” Pinkie assured everypony, knocking her head to show them. Surely enough, it was tangible.

“Pinkie, you might want to take a look at yourself…” Rarity spoke up, levitating a nearby mirror towards Pinkie. She looked at herself and gasped in delight.

“Wow! This is awesome! This is so gonna make a great Nightmare Night costume! I could go as the Headless Horse and still get candy! Oh, can you remember to do this again by then, Twilight?”

Twilight simply looked down in sadness. “This is gonna be so hard…”

Exactly what I was thinking… thought Shining Armour.


After a while, Twilight’s magical abilities have slightly increased. Not to the point of the other Twilight, but it has increased. Now she is able to do a levitation spell without too much trouble.

I’d rather fly than use magic, thought Twilight. This is going to be the hardest part of my training…

Uninstinctively, as Twilight is charging up another spell, she looks out a nearby open door to see Flash Sentry on the other side, looking at Twilight and smiling at her. Twilight blushed, her horn suddenly glowing a bright pink. Rarity noticed this and giggled.

Once Flash was out of the area, Twilight turned at the others. “Can you girls keep a secret?” she asked.

“Something on your mind, Twily?” asks Shining.

“I… think I may have a crush on Flash Sentry…” Twilight admitted.

“Why wouldn’t you have a crush on him?” Shining responded. “He’s brave, loyal, hard working, an excellent guard…”

“He’s a great flier too!” added Rainbow Dash. “Did ya see the moves you and him made while in the air?”

“He’s handsome to boot, don’t forget that darling,” added Rarity.

“Yes, yes, I know…” Twilight spoke up as she trotted around the room. “He’s all that and more… but… you see, the problem is...” She stops in front of a mirror, staring at herself. “I’m not from this world…” Twilight places a hoof over the mirror. “I’m not even a pony…” The mirror rippled over Twilight’s hoof reflecting her true human self. “I’m just worried… worried that it simply wouldn’t work out… and when I eventually go back home… I’m worried to know how he would react…”

“Don’t worry about it, Twilight,” Rarity assured. “If Flash Sentry does care for you, he would only want what’s best for you.”

“Thank you, Rarity… you make me feel so much better with myself…”

Author's Note:


I figured this was a good enough reason to update today. Hopefully I pulled you guys away from season 4 for long enough.

Anyway, I remember a scene from the original movie where Twilight looks at a mirror and it ripples showing her pony self. I think that's where the original idea for this scene came from.

Also, another reference to Port-Ed in this chapter. Try and see what it is.

Since I'll be posting these notes everywhere, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the self-insert in the previous chapter. I thought it was a good idea, but apparently even the author of the script thought it wasn't. (Trust me, I read all of your comments and improvements, but since I have this story in four places at once, it's too much work to update everywhere.) I had a good reason for that, I assure you. I don't mean to brag, but I am an expert with computers...

As a footnote to help me with the next chapter, has Twilight's father been given a name? I can't find the name of that colt anywhere, and the mobile game doesn't help either.

P. S.: Relevant video is relevant. I would have posted this last chapter but this was just released a couple of days ago.