• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 4,223 Views, 64 Comments

My Little Pony: Parallel Equestria Girls - rcmero



After Twilight and Spike go through the portal, they suddenly show up again, but Spike is acting like a dog, and Twilight claims she's a human...

  • ...
18
 64
 4,223

The Final Battle

Author's Note:

Because I need to say something first I'm putting these on the top, since I can't add A/N to the top and bottom.


This is my first completed story, yay! (Port-Ed doesn't count) Party time everypony! *cough cough* Anyway, I realize that not a lot of people enjoyed this story simply because it was in the EqG-verse. And I can understand that. I personally have second doubts in regards to Rainbow Rocks. I mean, the previews make it sound like it is an OK movie, but I still think this is just an excuse to sell toys. Then again, they were able to bring in Rainbow Power in a spectacular way, so here is hoping Rainbow Rocks is somewhat decent.

This final chapter could have gone better, but I personally just wanted to finish this story, so I apologize if this chapter is not as good as the previous ones. I had serious writer's block here.

Now for the sequel. School's mostly done for the moment, did my scholarship renewal today. So I have two months to work on this story until the next year. Hopefully it's the second one. They said I passed, but I won't know that until the end of the month.

The sequel also has absolutely nothing to do with EqG, so hopefully I'll please a few more people. But you know what they say, you can't please everyone.


A final battle deserves an equally epic theme, so here you go. Just pretend the first part plays during the fight between the Twilights and Sunset and the fast version plays during the rainbow lasers.


Oh yes, I almost forgot of what I wanted to say. This should explain the portmanteaus in this chapter.

now to help speed things up & to avoid further confusion, when I refer to the Twilight who is a Pony in a Human Body, I will call her "Poman Twilight" 'POny in huMAN body', and when I refer to the Twilight who is a Human in a Pony body, I will call her "Huny Twilight" 'HUman in poNY body', I hope you will understand, anyways

When the dimensions shatter, everyone flinches. Poman Twilight looks to see what happened and sees all the ponies. With a surprised look she says "Girls…?”

The Human Mane 6 look at Poman Twi & say "What?"

Poman Twilight looks at them and says "Not you!" Pointing to the ponies she adds "Them!"

One anime speedlines transition later, the pony Mane 6 look just as shocked to see the humans as they are at seeing them.

Pony Applejack says to Huny Twi "Twilight...? Is that you?"

Pony Rainbow Dash floats down with one hoof pointing at the humans and asks "And are those us?”

"Tarnation, more talking ponies!" says human Applejack.

Human Rainbow Dash floats down with both hands sticking out pointing at the ponies and says "And these ones are just like us!"

Suddenly the groups hear a voice. "Careful everyone!"

The humans look to their left, while at the same time the ponies look to their right. Both Starswirls are seen together in a single floating hole in time and space.

"Under these conditions, crossing dimensional boundaries can have unpredictable consequences," human Starswirl says.

"So no matter what happens…” pony Starswirl adds.

Pointing to the glowing golden line on the ground they add simultaneously “Do not cross the glowing line!” Once everyone sees the line they all back away in fear.

Suddenly Sunset Shimmer is heard groaning in pain, and everyone and everypony is shown just what happened to both Sunsets. It turns out that, because of some bizarre anomaly, both of their bodies have somehow fused together into one body that they are stuck sharing half and half, split down the middle. The entire right half of their body is Pony Sunset’s, while the entire left half is Human Sunset’s, yet both halves of their body still retain their own individual personas.

With a closeup on the two’s face, the human half of Sunset asks her pony half "What's going on?"

The pony half replies "I don't know, this wasn't supposed to happen!"

"Well it's happening right now!"

"I can see that just fine!"

"Oh my…” says pony Rarity. “I've heard of a split personality before..."

"But this is just ridiculous!" finishes human Rarity.

As Sunset is floating right above the center of the crack in the ground, we see the hole that the Starswirls are in floating in front of Sunset, then shortly floating behind her.

"Listen to me, Sunset."
"With the Element of Magic no longer in your possession, the power you've accumulated is destabilizing..."
"...causing the very fabric of reality itself to be torn apart at the seams."
"Renounce your power now, before both dimensions are destroyed!"

Both Sunsets say "NO!"

"I was Celestia's prized student long before Twilight Sparkle came along! Everything she has should be mine! I deserve to be the all powerful alicorn princess, NOT HER!" the pony half says.

"After high school, it's all going to go downhill for me! I'll never give up my glory days as the respected princess of Canterlot High, nor will I give up this incredible power!" the human half says.

"And if me being a princess means the destruction of two entire worlds..."

“Then so be it!” they both say at the same time.

Sunset is convinced that if she can not be a princess and rule over two worlds, then neither world will exist at all, so she's quite literally bringing forth the End of The World As We Know It… times two! Lightning bolts coming down from the sky, the ground splitting open and fire shooting out from the holes, entire mountains crumbling, bodies of water, large and small, boiling, volcanoes erupting, tsunamis flooding the lands, tornadoes ripping the lands apart, the whole apocalyptic package, baby.

In Ponyville we see the ponies running around in panic as these disasters happen, and in Peopleville we see the humans panicking just as bad as the disasters happen there as well.

“Sunset, this is insane!” Poman Twilight says. “Knock it off!”

"Well why don't you try and make me Sparkle!” human Sunset dares.

“Alright I will!” Pulling her arm back, Poman Twilight fires a magic beam at Sunset. But then Sunset's human half catches the magic beam in her hand, making it a purple sphere in Sunset's hand. Sunset then slightly squeezes the sphere, turning it into a green fire ball and throwing it into Poman Twilight, who dodges the fire ball by flying up.

The fireball hit the ground with such great force, that all the other humans back away.

"Hey, leave me... I mean her... alone!" Huny Twilight then lights up her horn and fires a magic beam of her own, which hits Sunset's pony half right in the cheek, leaving a singe mark on her cheek.

Turning her head to face directly at Huny Twilight while growling in anger, Sunset takes a deep breath and breathes purple and green fire at Huny Twilight, who manages to dodge it by flying up.

Poman Twilight is then seen charging up magical energy in her hands to form an energy sphere, which is followed by Huny Twilight charging magical energy in her horn to make an energy sphere appear on the tip of her horn. They both fire their beams at the same time, but Sunset uses her forearms to form force field barriers to block the magic beams, who keep going at it for a while.

After some time where absolutely nothing is being done (just both Twilights firing beams which Sunset blocks), Sunset gets more and more frustrated from the two Twilights firing at her. Opening her eyes (which are flaming green in anger), Sunset raises her arms up and says “E…” she is then seen raising her arms down “...nough!”

Sunset then unleashes a magic wave which is so powerful it knocks both Twilights back, getting caught by their respective groups.
The magic wave swipes across Ponyville and Peopleville, making both the ground and the sky start getting golden glowing cracks in them, in both locations. This suggests that both dimensions are right on the verge of their destruction, like in just a few measly minutes both worlds will be destroyed.

When Princess Celestia notices this she says "I fear we do not have much time left!"

"Starswirls, how do we stop her?" asks Poman Twilight.

"You must relinquish Sunset of her grip on all reality."
"For that, I suggest both sides use their own Elements of Harmony in unison..."
"...and bombard Sunset with two Rainbows of Light at once."

The humans and the ponies then look at each other in a somewhat confused demeanor. Shortly afterwards both Twilights make confident looks while saying "We can do it...", then they stick out their fist/hoof and say "Together!"

Soon enough each of the two groups’ Elements of Harmony glow in power. Slowly but surely, the ponies’ elements start to activate, with the humans’ elements on their wrists glowing as well. Poman and Huny Twilight are the last ones to activate their elements and as they glow they open their eyes at the same time, giving out a huge, bright flash. As this happens the ponies activate their rainbow of light into the sky, followed by the humans doing the same.

Sunset looks up, turning back and forth to see what is happening. “What…?” The two rainbows of light converge onto Sunset, followed by them swirling around underneath her. “No… no! Stop! It can’t end like this!” The rainbows then compress themselves until they are a small rainbow-coloured dome directly beneath Sunset, followed by it becoming a rainbow-coloured pillar of light that completely consumes Sunset.

The pillar expands and consumes both Ponyville and Peopleville in its bright light. For a few seconds nothing but white is seen. Suddenly the pillar begins shrinking, revealing the two towns completely repaired.

The pillar continues to shrink until it disappears, leaving behind a cloud of black smoke where Sunset was.

A loud thud is heard as Sunset’s crown hits a nearby rock on the pony side, causing it to break and to spit out King Sombra’s horn. The horn, completely pitch black, starts to evaporate, scattering into the wind. The power of King Sombra is now gone forever and will never threaten either world ever again.

Princess Celestia’s horn slowly starts to grow back as well. “Tia, your horn… it’s back!” Princess Luna shouts joyfully.

The pony Mane 6 gently float down to the ground, followed by the human Main 6. They all congratulate themselves amongst their groups. The two Spikes then start to cheer for the girls.

“That’s my girls, woo hoo!”

“You said it brother!”

One of the students notices Spike the Dog talking and speaks up. “Did that dog just talk? Whoa. Weird.”

Spike had to do a double take. “Seriously? The talking dog is the weird thing about all this?”

“Um… I don’t mean to interrupt...” Pony Fluttershy speaks up, “but what happened to Sunset Shimmer?”

The ponies and the humans look at Sunset and they all have weird looks on their faces. The two Starswirls discuss the situation.

“Hmm… an unexpected side effect, wouldn’t you say?”
“They probably wouldn’t understand an explanation for that, so let’s not bother trying to explain it to them.”
“Agreed.”

As Sunset Shimmer stands up, we see just what happened to her. The two Sunsets are still stuck sharing a body. Human Sunset is fairly back to normal, but the pony Sunset lost both her wings and her horn, becoming a simple earth pony with no magic whatsoever.

When Sunset realizes what she has become, the human half says to the other half: “What’s going on? Why are you still attached to me?”

“My wings! My horn! My magic! What happened to my power?!”

The two Celestias step forward. “Sunset Shimmer!” Sunset looks at them and sees their angry looks, gulping in fear.

Princess Celestia speaks up. “Listen to me, Sunset. A true princess, in any world, rules not by forcing others to bow before her in respect, but by inspiring others to stand with her. That is a very rare and special trait that can only come from the heart, and can never be faked.” While she speaks, Poman Twilight listens to her intensively and sheds a tear, as if she now understands what is like to be a princess. “But your heart, Sunset Shimmer, is filled with nothing but lust, greed, selfishness, deception, cruelty, angst, jealousy and hatred. In the end, your actions wound up turning you into the very thing you truly are inside: a two-faced jerk.”

Upon hearing this, both Pinkies fall backwards laughing.

“A two-faced jerk!” Pony Pinkie speaks up, laughing insanely.

“It’s funny, because she actually has two faces!” Human Pinkie speaks up.

Princess Celestia continues. “As punishment for your actions, you are hereby banished from Equestria, forbidden from ever stepping hoof or foot in this dimension ever again, completely cut off from any form of magic, even the most basic remedy spells. And since you only care about yourself, you shall remain in your current condition: forever stuck as two beings sharing one body, so you can always be with yourself, no matter what.”

“WHAT?!” the two Sunsets shout at the same time. Her pony half then speaks up.

“You can’t do this to me!”

“Yeah, I don’t want to be stuck with her!” Human Sunset speaks up. “I’ll be the laughing stock of all of Peopleville!”

“Oh, don’t worry about that,” Principal Celestia speaks up. “That’s only half of your punishment. You are hereby also expelled from Canterlot High, and you will be taken to the local Correctional Facility, where you will be cut off from normal society.” As two police officers grab Sunset, she continues. “Take her away, officers.”

Sunset is then taken away from attempting to destroy two entire universes. As Sunset starts to struggle with the officers, the pony half speaks up.

“I’ll get you for this, Twilight Sparkle!”

“You mean we,” the human half corrects.

“Oh, whatever!”

“You and your stupid friends! And your little dog too!”

“We will get you!” the two finish.

Sunset then gets into the car and is taken away.

“Well, it looks like Sunset finally got the perfect punishment,” human Applejack speaks up, “being stuck with herself.”

“At least she’ll never be lonely,” human Pinkie speaks up, “because she’ll always have a friend by her side.”

Human Rainbow Dash, while floating upside-down, drops in and says “Ha! More like as her side!”

“Well, that was great and all,” Huny Twilight speaks up, “but I’m still stuck in the wrong body. What about that?”

The two Starswirls speak up.

“Don’t worry. That will be easy to fix.”
“Because now that Sunset is no longer controlling them…”
“...the dimensions are restabilizing as we speak.”
“So all the two Twilights have to do to return to their proper places is to stand by the glowing line and hug each other right over it.”
“Same thing with the two Spikes.”

The two Twilights look at each other, confused.

“Really? Hug each other?” asks Huny Twilight.

“That’s all we have to do?” asks Poman Twilight.

“Trust us.”
“At that close of physical contact, your bodily energies will be restored to their rightful vessels.”

The two Spikes decide to speak up.

“I’m okay with it.”

“Me too. Let’s do this.”

Both Twilights and both Spikes then proceed to walk up to the line. Huny Twilight stands up on her forelegs.

Poman Twilight asks “Ready?”

“As I’ll ever be,” Huny Twilight responds.

Poman Twilight then grabs Huny Twilight’s hooves, the two hugging each other. The two Spikes then proceed to hug each other as well. The two Twilights then glow purple, with the two Spikes glowing green. The four then float above the ground, the bodily energies from them separate from their bodies, which switch sides going up and down and enter their true bodies.

A bright flash follows and the four are pushed a little from each other. The process was a success.

Pony Twilight gently floats down and stops glowing. She then starts looking at her body and says “Hooves, horn, wings, tail… it worked, I’m back to normal!”

“Hey!” Spike the Dragon then proceeds to breath fire. “I got my own body back!”

“Yeah, me too!” Spike the Dog then covers his mouth with his paws. Slowly uncovering them, he speaks up. “Whoa! I’m a dog, but I can still talk?” He then sheds a chuckle. “This just keeps getting better and better!”

“Oh, thank goodness!” Human Twilight speaks up. “I was afraid I’d never see my own hands again!”

“Oh, you’ll be seeing more than just that, Miss Sparkle.”
“As long as you and your friends wear those bracelets…”
“...you will remain in your current forms and be able to wield all of the abilities of your pony counterparts…”
“...as well as whatever powers their Elements of Harmony give them.”
“Simply remove the bracelets and you will return to normal.”

The human group then proceeds to test this by removing their bracelets and putting them on a few times. As they do that, they keep switching between their normal forms and their ponified forms.

“Wow! It’s like we’re like a team of magical girl super heroes! This is going to be so awesome!” Human Rainbow Dash speaks up, bringing her hands to her face and expanding her cheeks.

Suddenly the hole connecting the two worlds slowly begins to get smaller.

“What now?” asks pony Twilight.

The two Starswirls move their hand and hoof in a way to tell the two Twilights to follow them as they explain.

“The Nibiru is passing…”
“The Dimensional Barriers are regaining their strength…”
“...causing the dimensions to return to their normal, stabilized state…”
“...which means that this hole between dimensions is closing itself.”

“Wait, does this mean we won’t see each other anymore?” human Twilight asks.

“Well, of course not.”
“You see, the bond of friendship is so strong that not even dimensional barriers can break it.”
“Plus, you are all two different variations of the exact same beings…”
“...which means you all share an incredibly special bond with one another.”
“So long as you all keep the memories of each other alive in your hearts…”
“...then the magic of friendship will allow you all to meet up again some day.”

As the dimensional hole shrinks, when it reaches a certain size, the Trans-Dimensional Gateway Mirror returns from being stuck in the space between dimensions. From the pony world we see Human Twilight inside the mirror. Pony Twilight lifts up her hoof and places it on the surface of the mirror. Human Twilight tries to place her hand where Pony Twilight’s hoof is, but then she stops and remembers about her pony self’s hooves, so she balls up a fist and places it on the mirror’s surface. The two Twilights then talk to each other from both sides of the mirror.

“This was a wondrous experience,” human Twilight starts. “Thanks to you I now have many new friends, and cool new powers. I’ll never forget you.”

“Me neither. I learned so much from this, and thanks to all this I got a second chance to earn the right to be a princess. Thanks to you, I feel like I’m ready to accept my title as a princess.” She makes human Twilight come a bit closer and whispers to her “Oh, and if it’s not too much trouble, take my dance with Flash Sentry for me.”

Human Twilight pauses for a second and nods in approval. “Okay, I will.”

Suddenly Starswirl the Bearded appears on the surface of the mirror. “Well, after all this hoo-haa, my gateway mirror is going to need some time to recover.”


“So I’m afraid there won’t be any more dimension travelling for any of you,” Starswirl the Wise finishes. “At least for a little while.” He disappears and the portal is temporarily sealed for now.

Pinkie Pie tries to run towards the Wondercolt statue only to be knocked off and fall back on her butt. “Oh well. Can’t blame a girl for trying.”

Twilight laughs as she helps her get up. “Oh Pinkie Pie… you really haven’t changed a bit since our days back in preschool.”

Understanding dawned on Pinkie. “I knew it! I knew I met you back in preschool!” Pinkie then gives Twilight a great big hug. welcoming her back home.

“Yup, it’s good to be back,” Spike speaks up. “And now that I can talk, there's going to be some changes around here.”

“Something tells me you’re absolutely right, Spike,” Twilight agrees.

“Since we are now some kind of group of magic girls, we should have a name for our group,” Rainbow Dash suggests.

“Maybe… the Pony Princesses?” Fluttershy suggests.

“I don’t think so,” Rainbow Dash replies.

“What about… the Mighty Mares?” Applejack suggests.

“It needs to be about 20% cooler,” Rainbow Dash replies.

“Given the origin of our powers… how about the Equestria Girls?” Twilight suggests.

“Works for me!” Rainbow Dash agrees.

“Then it’s settled. From now on, we are the Equestria Girls.”

The six girls then do a group high five. Suddenly Twilight hears a voice. “Twilight!”

Twilight immediately recognizes the voice. “Flash Sentry?”

“I see you heard of me already. While the other Twilight was here, she promised to dance with me… but now that she’s gone, would you be willing to take her place?”

“I did promise my other self…” Twilight replies. “I would love it.”

“Not so fast, Twilight,” Rarity stops. She then pulls out a costume jewelry crown. “A Twilight Sparkle was crowned Fall Formal Princess. So it’s only fair that the Twilight Sparkle that is here should at least wear a crown.”

“Now being this kind of a princess, I know I can handle,” Twilight speaks up, taking the crown.


“Welcome back, Twi,” Applejack speaks up.

“We missed the real you, Twilight,” says Fluttershy.

“It’s good to be back home,” Spike speaks up. He then asks Twilight: “Are you serious about being ready to accept that princess title, Twilight?”

“I’m quite serious, Spike.”

“That crown does look quite good on you.”

“I’m feeling a lot more comfortable wearing it, truth be told.”

“And the wings?”

“After being a human for three days...” Twilight then looks at her wings and stops paying attention to where she is walking. “I’m glad that’s all I have to worry about!”

Twilight then suddenly bumps into another pony. She doesn’t know it yet, but this is the second time this has happened.

“We have got to stop bumping into each other like this,” he says.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, mister…”

“Sentry. Flash Sentry.”

Twilight had to do a double take. “Wait. You mean… you’re Flash Sentry?”

“You’ve heard of me?”

“Kinda...” Twilight is at a loss for words. Luckily, Pinkie is here to find those words.

“Ooh, ooh, ooh! Is it because you met his human counterpart while you were in the other world and he plays guitar in a band and helped prove you didn’t destroy the decorations for a big dance so you could still run for princess of the big dance and then ask to dance at that dance?” Pinkie spoke so fast she had to gasp for air.

“Yes… how did you know that?”

“Just a wild hunch.”

Twilight then turns to Flash and says “Well, this may seem awkward, but… well… while I was in the other world I promised the other Flash I would dance with him, but… since I won’t be able to make it... I was wondering if you’d like to dance with me? Like, right here, right now?”

“Hey, that’s a great idea, Twilight!” Pinkie agrees. “After saving two entire worlds, we need to celebrate our victory! And what better way than with a…” Dramatic gasp. “Dance party!” Pinkie then points to the side and says “Hit it, Vinyl Scratch!”

Vinyl is then seen at her turntables, magically spinning a record around and saying “You got it, Pink!” And with that, the music begins.

This is our big night
We made it happen
Now let’s party all night

Pinkie is seen dancing like a madmare. Flash looks into Twilight’s eyes, who looks back into Flash’s eyes. “Oh, why not? One dance won’t hurt anything.”

We’re here now and we worked so hard to make it come around
To tonight so let’s make it last forever

Soon everypony else gets jiggy with it. Even the other princesses are seen dancing. Truly, a night to be remembered.
Then a zoom out into the castle courtyard where a lot of ponies are seen dancing as well.


The school lights so bright, beat is pumping through the night
Party’s starting, DJ’s got the music just right!

Everyone is happily dancing, as if the events of the past three days were just a fantasy. The Main Six are all dancing without a care in the world. Twilight is even dancing wildly. No matter which Twilight we’re talking about, she is never seen as much of an avid dancer. Flash looks at Twilight dance and decides to join her, dancing just like her.

Six friends on the way up now
Six friends here to show you how

On the wall opposite of the group are Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna, together with Twilight’s parents.

Luna gives a small giggle as she speaks up. “That’s some daughter you have here.”

“Yes, she truly is extraordinary,” Twilight Velvet agrees.

“I see a bright future for her and her friends,” Principal Celestia speaks up.

This is our big night
This is our big night

As DJ Pon-3 slams, Photo Finish gets a camera, ready to take a picture of the Main Six and Spike who decide to wear their bracelets and use their ponified forms as they pose.

This is our big night

Soon the picture is taken, showing the Main Six and Spike in their greatest.


Suddenly the picture is shown as part of a book, as it zooms out we see a picture of the Mane 6 dancing on the other side.

The book is seen being held by Starswirl the Wise. Both him and Starswirl the Bearded are seen in a big black void. “Quite a wonderful adventure that was, wouldn’t you say?” asks Starswirl the Wise.

“Agreed,” Starswirl the Bearded responds. “And for those girls, it was only just the beginning.”

As the two are seen from the back side, Starswirl the Wise speaks up. “Indeed. Shall we?”

“Let’s,” Starswirl the Bearded agrees. The two then start walking forward towards the black emptiness, vanishing in a flash of light to who knows where or when.

Comments ( 4 )

Nice way to end this story. I can't wait for the sequel. I think you did an excellent job with this.

4627404 I'll try to start working on the sequel tomorrow if possible. I got time, better use it.

I got the biggest smile on my face for some reason right now. :pinkiehappy:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Pinkie Pie breaks the fourth wall in ANY dimension...
also, I may be a bit late for this...but I'll do it anyway: TASTE THE RAINBOW, MOTHER:yay:ER!!! (yes, I used a Fluttercensor: deal with it...)

Login or register to comment