• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 4,221 Views, 64 Comments

My Little Pony: Parallel Equestria Girls - rcmero



After Twilight and Spike go through the portal, they suddenly show up again, but Spike is acting like a dog, and Twilight claims she's a human...

  • ...
18
 64
 4,221

The Jewel of Quantume

“I still can’t believe we pulled that off!” Fluttershy speaks up as the girls are relaxing at the clothes shop, getting ready to prepare themselves for the Fall Formal.

“I can,” Rainbow Dash speaks up. “We’re awesome!”

“Now then girls,” Rarity speaks up, “We need to get ready. We’re going to be fabulous!”

The girls are all spiffed up and ready to go. Fluttershy pulls out a few bracelets from her pocket. They are all coloured in cue of who they belong to: a violet one for Twilight, a white one for Rarity, a pink one for (obviously) Pinkie Pie, an orange one for Applejack, a yellow one for Fluttershy and a rainbow-coloured one for (obviously) Rainbow Dash. She starts giving them out for the girls. “In honour of our friendship I decided to knit these friendship bracelets for you girls. What do you think?”

As Twilight puts on her bracelet, she speaks up. “These look great, Fluttershy! I think we should all wear these for the Fall Formal, what do you girls think?”

The others immediately agree.


Meanwhile, back in the pony world, the rest of the Mane 6 had just returned to Canterlot by the chariot they obtained back at the Crystal Empire.

After they left the chariot, Rarity speaks up. “Thank you sirs.”

One of the pegasus guards who was carrying the chariot suddenly takes off his helmet, exposing him to the others. “It was my pleasure ladies.”

“Flash Sentry?”

“What are you doing here?” asks Shining Armour.

“Well, I couldn’t leave the girls hanging back at the Empire, now could I?”

“It’s quite alright, Shining Armour,” Princess Celestia speaks up. “If somepony broke into our secret vault, we may need all the help we can get.”

One of the guards walks up to Celestia. “Your Highness, thank you for coming so quickly. Follow me and I’ll show you what was stolen.” He then starts to trot towards the castle, Celestia and the others following quickly.


The ponies were currently stationed in Celestia’s bedroom, waiting for the info about the stolen material. Celestia looks inside the open vault and makes a conclusion from what is inside.

“It seems only one item was stolen: the Jewel of Quantume,” she says.

“The… what?” Rainbow Dash speaks up.

Princess Luna explains: “The Jewel of Quantume. An extremely rare and powerful item. Only two of them exist in all of Equestria, and the only other one in existence was used to power up Starswirl the Bearded’s Trans-Dimensional Gateway Mirror.”

“The Jewel contains power to manipulate time and space,” Celestia continues, “which made it perfect to power up Starswirl’s mirror. Since after what happened with Starswirl I kept the Jewel in my secret vault as a memory of him, the only pony I knew who knew more about magic than anypony, even me.”

“But how did somepony manage to sneak into your bedroom?” asks Luna. “And how did they know where your secret vault was and how to open it?”

“I… I don’t know…” Celestia speaks up. She turns towards the guards. “Do you know who did it?”

One of the guards responds: “It was an unicorn who wielded magic unlike any we’ve seen before.”

Realization suddenly comes towards Celestia. “It had to be Sunset Shimmer.”

Pinkie suddenly speaks up, looking towards the window. “Hey, what’s up with the clouds? Is this Discord again?”

The sky suddenly became covered with dark, ominous clouds. Much darker than regular rain clouds.

“I don’t think Discord ever did this before…” Rarity responds. “Plus, he’s reformed, remember?”

“I have a bad feeling about this…” Princess Celestia says in a worried tone.

Suddenly a new, familiar voice echoes in the room. “Miss Sparkle!” The ponies look back and see a floating hole in time and space, pony Starswirl in front of it. “You best be ready, because time is upon us. Head for the source of these dark clouds: just outside of Ponyville. And bring the remaining Elements of Harmony with you. Trust me: you’ll need them.”

“Well, you heard him,” Celestia speaks up. “Let’s head over there quickly!” It’s quite obvious Celestia has great respect for Starswirl.

The group then gallops outside the room, hoping to reach Ponyville before it’s too late.

Author's Note:

It took me over a month to work on this chapter, and I spit out a short chapter. *sigh* Short chapters are a pet peeve of mine. I always have a goal of writing at least 1000 words every chapter. I obviously couldn’t reach that goal here.

Anyway, I was planning on releasing this chapter on the first. April Fools not withstanding, I had a very good reason for doing that.

Season 3 started that day. It’s about time too. (Unfortunately I don’t get to see that again... :fluttershysad: I really liked that episode.)

Anyway, progress was pretty much halted all month, what with school and the OTW and whatnot. Come the 25th of April, this happens.

Seriously, this was completely uncalled for. I didn’t see a single ad for this thing, unlike last time. I am lucky to even have the TV on at the time, since there was still the usual pony at the usual time, and I don’t usually turn the TV off after that anyway. That was good though. Between the first to the twenty-fifth, season 3 was shown in full. Which means that Magical Mystery Cure has aired at least once. Which means Princess Twilight is not such an unknown thing any more. Why couldn't they have done this before? Seriously, couldn't they wait a month or something? Did they have to screen the movie in Marty Gras when season 2 was still on?

Anyway, back to the story. If you notice in the beginning of the chapter, you may realize that those friendship bracelets were colour-coded. (They will be apparent later, don't worry.) While the bracelets themselves weren't inspired by anything (they were in the script, after all), their colours were inspired by the watches in the Paper Mario X series. Tails designed watches for the teams to remain in contact with each other, and their colours represented who they belonged to. Kirby's was even rainbow-coloured. Of course I had to make a little shout out to the series, so I decided to use that idea too.

We're approaching the climax now, and let me tell you right now, it will be nothing like in the original movie. There will be no Sunset Shimmer demon. There will be something just as good, however. Check the story on AO3, specifically its tags, for an idea of what it may be. I think you'll like what I'm gonna write.