• Published 25th Jan 2014
  • 685 Views, 97 Comments

Split Personality - Bambisbb



Normal, clumsy, sweet, a little awkward. All words used to describe Ponyvilles' own Doodle Bug. But what if they left out a few words? Such as, lonely, sad, and insane?

  • ...
5
 97
 685

A little accident

It all started out as a normal day for me. After a bit of pushing and prodding, I finally managed to get Hoop Shoot out of his bed. After some more pushing, I got him to make breakfast while I tried to get Buster off of the wall. Normal morning for us. But then it took a turn for the worst. I've always been a little short-tempered, but I never lashed out at any-pony. I didn't like hurting anyone, made me feel guilty, even if I had just bumped into them. Dear Faust, why didn't I just stay home with Hoop and watch whatever silly little movie he wanted? It would have been so much..Better, for everypony... But enough of my moaning, I bet you want to hear what happened, don't you? Well, my silly little human, sit back and listen. It's a long story. And not one for little fillies and colts.

Like I said, I pushed and prodded Hoop out of bed and then into making breakfast. I had to get my hedgedragon, Buster, unstuck from the wall, how he got up there, I'll never know, but while getting him down one of his spikes had cut me. I simply sighed and set him down before limping off to wrap my hoof. I remember exactly what Hoop had said when I went to leave. "Doodle Buggg!" He had cried, "Don't leave! I just got this awesome new movie, and I thought we could watch it. Static told me it was really good!" I simply chuckled,

"I'll be right back, Hoop. Just gotta go get some new wallpaper, Buster destroyed the last of the old one." Hoop huffed and sat down,

"I'm not waiting for you..."

"Don't have to, the previews will give me just enough time to get the wallpaper and get back, especially if I fly and don't destroy everything."

"Good luck with that..."

"Oh shushie!" I giggled and walked out, saddle bags on. I arrived at the market place just a few minutes later, I had known exactly where the wallpaper stand was, as I had to go there many times when Buster destroyed the last of ours, leaving nothing but a few shreds clinging to the wall. I sighed and started trotting, ignoring the slight throb in my hoof as I did so. So many ponies hid behind stands when I walked by, but I expected no different, I did destroy Ponyville nearly every day. I giggled softly and looked around. Had the stand changed places? I knew that this was the exact spot it was supposed to be...I sighed and kept trotting, maybe I was forgetting where it was?

At last I had found the stand, it had changed places, thanks to my accidents earlier that week. I smiled and bought the wallpaper, getting the cheap white one as I always did, Hoop and I had discovered that if we spent bits on wallpaper we actually enjoyed, it would be a waste, our dragon would destroy it. It's not like Buster meant to destroy everything, but he was clumsy and to be honest, a little stupid. But we loved him anyway, with his cute wall-eyed stare and the way he could scare himself with a sneeze. I giggled to myself and thanked the salespony, turning and starting to trot again. I didn't get far before my good friend, Derpy- Ditzy Doo, to some ponies- crashed into me, sending me and my saddlebags flying. I yelped as I crashed head first into a stand. With a groan, I dragged myself out and rubbed my head. "Derpyyy! Watch where your going!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, Doodle Bug!" Derpy frowned and helped me up, looking at me with that cross-eyed look. It wasn't Derpys' fault she grabbed my hurt hoof, it wasn't her fault that I'm the least sane pony in Ponyville, and it's not her fault that I finally snapped. I can barley remember it, but I can still see the way my hoof hit her, sending the poor mare backwards and splattering blood on the ground and on my hoof. I can still remember the way everypony gasped and stared at me, some scurrying to help Derpy. I blinked and looked at Derpy, my gaze turning to my own hoof. I frowned. What had I done? I panicked and ran off. Why didn't I stay at home...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened the door and rushed inside, slamming it shut hard enough that the picture of my dad and I fell off the wall. Hoop stared at me, "What's wrong, Doodle? What h- D-Doodle Bug..What did you do..." Hoop stared at my hoof.

"I-I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to..." I cried, curling into a ball and staring at the wall. "I never lash out...I'm so sorry..."

"Doodle Bug, what did you do..."

"D-Derpy..."

"Oh my Faust, Doodle Bug, what did you do to her?!"

"I didn't mean to!" I sobbed and buried my face into the carpet. Buster tried to comfort me, the poor little dragon didn't know. I pushed him away roughly and nearly broke his little foot while doing so. Hoop scolded me for this. He told me I needed therapy. He didn't know... I can barley remember it. The knife on the counter... I can see little flashes of the scene, grabbing the knife, Hoop staring at me, so scared... I stabbed him. As he tried to run away, I got him between the wings, putting a hoof over his mouth as he tried to scream. "I'm so sorry..." I whispered, bringing the knife to his throat, "So...So...Sorry.." I grinned slightly and slit his throat. I had backed up at some time. I remember blinking and looking at the knife in my hoof, before my gaze turned to Hoop. I remember screaming and running out, leaving everything. I can still hear the ponies screaming as I had when they walked in our house. Seeing Hoop like that. Why am I smiling now? I shouldn't be smiling...