• Published 20th Mar 2012
  • 1,192 Views, 23 Comments

Beyond The horizon - Cobalt Shine



Twilight makes a magical amulet, but when Rarity accidentaly interferes makes it go haywire

  • ...
2
 23
 1,192

Prologue

Beyond The Horizon
Beyond The Horizon

1800_SCREWED
Prologue
Editing by SilverShadowThePegasus (who i cannot thank enough)


It was a beautiful day in Equestria. A calm breeze was blowing, a couple clouds dotted the sky, the temperature was warm, the birds were singing, and everything was calm. Except for Twilight Sparkle, who was in a clutter and getting anxious.



“Oh no! What do I do Spike?” She said sounding worried.
“Ugh, Twilight, you get worried over the smallest things sometimes.”
“No I don’t. This is serious.”
“Twilight, everything will be fine, ok?”
“Spike, this is serious. I lost my three enchanted stones.”
“Enchanted stones?” inquired Spike
“Yes Spike, enchanted stones. I was going to see if I could make an amulet that could help me teleport without all the trouble and effort it takes,” she said, slowly running out of air, almost panting.
“Twilight, you’re overreacting.”
“I AM NOT SPIKE!”
In the middle of their argument Pinkie Pie walked in the door and said, “Hey Twilight, what’s wrong? You missing something?”
“I’m kind of busy right now Pinkie - wait. Yes I am missing something have you seen my-” Twilight was cut off by Pinkie Pie.
“Three funny looking stones?” Pinkie blurted.
“Why yes pinkie! How did you know?”
“They’re right underneath you.”
Twilight looked down in confusion and to her surprise, they were.
“Oh......” Twilight said. “Thanks Pinkie”
“No problem. Hey if you’re not busy, why don’t you come down to sugar cube corner with me and Applejack?” the pink pony said.
“I’m really sorry pinkie, but I’m really busy right now. I’ll see if I can make it later, ok?”
“That’s ok Twilight. If you have time, try and come down later. We’re both hoping you can come.”
“I’ll try,” responded Twilight

Three hours later after much time and effort being used she had completed it, Twilight was finally done. She looked at her work and was so happy that she completed it, she was almost bouncing up and down at the thought of it being done. Then she realized all that was left was the enchantment of the beautiful pendant.
"Darn i forgot Ill do it later" She said to herself
It was shaped like a dragon’s tooth, only that it had three rare gemstones in it and it was made of solid platinum.
Twilight thought to herself, “I must thank Rarity for the platinum she gave me soon.”
The enchantment could wait. She also thought she still needs to spend time with her friends, so she put the necklace down next to the spot where she keeps her quills and paper. She then trotted off into the direction of Sugar cube corner to see her friends.

About half an hour had passed since Twilight had left to go and see her friends at sugar cube corner. In carousel boutique, Rarity thought it would be a good idea to go and visit Twilight. Little did she know, Twilight wasn’t there. When Rarity arrived, she hadn’t taken notice that Twilight wasn’t there so she opened the door and walked in. “Twilight. Oh Twilight where are you?” She casually walked around Twilight’s little library looking for Twilight, when she stumbled upon the beautiful necklace. Awe struck, Rarity picked it up with her magic to bring it closer for a better look. She was amazed that Twilight could make such beautiful jewelry. Little did Rarity know this gem was ready to be enchanted. The pendant fizzled in the magic Rarity had conjured and she quickly put it back in its place. Not knowing what was happening to the beautiful necklace, she quickly dusted it off in shock and gently put it on the table, hoping that when Twilight returned she would notice no difference, and quickly dashed off to Carousel Boutique, completely forgetting about her visit to Twilight.

Twilight was having a great time with Applejack and Pinkie Pie. There was cake, punch, music, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy came on by too. They all had a great time there while partying but time had passed and it was getting late, The streamers weren't attached to the roof anymore, balloons were deflating and the cake had been eaten.
Then Applejack announced, “Sorry y’all, but it’s time for me to be headin’ back to the barn right about now.”
“Yeah. I’m sorry Pinkie but I have to go, too. I’m gonna miss the Wonderbolts on Cloudvision if I don’t get home soon,” said Rainbow Dash.
Fluttershy also joined in. “I hope it’s ok Pinkie, but I have to tend to my animals back home. I’m really sorry, but I had lots of fun though.”
Pinkie Pie replied to them all in a cheerful voice, “It’s ok. We’ll just have to have another party real soon!”
At the same time they all said, “Bye,” and they all trotted off to their homes.

When Twilight arrived home, she was surprised to see that her pendant had been moved.
“Hmmm, that’s strange,” she said out loud. “Whatever. Time to enchant my pendant!”
She pulled down a couple of ancient books from the shelf with magic. She then focused her horn at the gem while reading the book. The gem started to float in midair when all the colors of the rainbow flashed out of the necklaces gems. She didn’t expect the magic to be so powerful. Lights started pouring out of the gem. It was so bright, Twilight was sure the light could be seen from canterlot. Electricity started to spark from the necklace and the amulet was glowing red, really red. Suddenly, a massive explosion occurred, and a second light appeared, sucking the gem into it. Twilight tried her hardest to hold onto the gem, but failed. The pendant got sucked in and Twilight fell to the ground in sheer exhaustion and then fell unconscious.

Seconds later, all of ponyville was up at Twilight’s library.
The Mayor called out, “Is anypony in there?” No response. “I said is anypony in there?”
Out of the crowd, Applejack bolted into the ruined library.
“Twi? Twi? You in here?”
A small moaning nose was coming from a large pile of books . Applejack bucked the books off and saw Twilight under the pile with a broken hind leg, but still alive. There was fire burning and alot of rubble from the burnt down tree Applejack looked around sorrowfully before finding Twilight.
“C’mon sugar cube. We need to get you out of here,” she said quietly, lifting Twilight up and walking out of the destroyed library. Stumbling towards the door Applejack looked back and gazed jeez back to building this again.When she felt movement on her back.
Twilight said, “Thanks Applejack” coughing quietly before falling unconscious again.

A week later, all of Twilight’s friends were surrounding her bed. Twilight awoke groggily.
“Ugh....where am I?” she asked, dazed and confused .
“You’re in the hospital silly,” said Pinkie Pie.
“I’m where?” Realization hit Twilight. “OH NO THE PENDANT!” she yelled, startling everypony .
”What pendant, sugar cube?,when I was in there ah couldn't find anythang” replied Applejack . Twilight tried to hop out of her bed before seeing her hind leg was broken.
“OW!” she cried.
“You just need rest darling,” said Rarity. Reassuringly, Fluttershy agreed
“So what happened in there?” Rainbow dash inquired.
Twilight explained everything, and after she was finished, everypony was in shock. Fluttershy said, “At least you’re ok.”
“I suppose you’re right Fluttershy. I just can’t help but wonder. Where did the necklace go?” replied Twilight.





End Prologue.


I hope you enjoy, see how this turns out