• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 5,674 Views, 174 Comments

Trixie Meets a Great and Powerful Human - 00Colt



Trixie finds a human with magic power far greater than she could have imagained, after traveling with this human she finds herself falling head over hooves in love with him, she deals with her conflicting emotions to finally say, 'I love you&am

  • ...
34
 174
 5,674

Forgetting of the Past

[POV: Joseph]

The night was quiet. Trixie had fallen asleep hours ago, yet Joe was wide awake. The vigilant protector. Kept awake not only from lack of necessity, but also the thoughts churning inside his mind. Many of those thoughts were not Joe's. Blake was angry, or at least disappointed.

I told you so, he said, almost as if he knew that Trixie would have such an explosive reaction. Joe just did his best to block out Blake's uncouth comments and insults as he thought of ways to approach Trixie again. I could always be direct and ask her how that whole fiasco happened, but I highly doubt that she'll want to talk about her parents at all...Her suppressed depression, lingering over her thoughts...Terrible to see, no matter who it is. Joe thought, looking over to his companion from another universe.

Roughly two months ago Joseph had made a device meant to lock onto and trace any and everything that held the same type of power that Joe had bestowed himself. But for it to work, he had to use his powers to give the machine something to work with. The results were...unexpected to say in the least. But that machine had led him to his cerulean friend, as different as she may be.

Who would have thought that all mankind had to do to prove the multiverse theory as true was to open their minds. Joe mussed for a moment.

And Blake voiced, who'd have thought that a man with an IQ of over two hundred could be so stupid!

Joe just snarled and opened his mind's eye to see Blake standing where he usually stood, arms crossed and an arrogant look on his face.

"What's wrong with you?" Joseph asked, trying his best to not make his frustration obvious.

Blake laughed as if the question was a joke, a crude smile finding its way unto his face, "Nothing is wrong with me, buddy boy. You on the other hand, well..." he trailed off, his eyes becoming cold, "You can't fix a broken man"

With that final insult Joe snapped, rushing forwards, he caught Blake by the neck, slamming him down to the ground, pinning him down. As soon as Joe's hand made contact, Blake immediately grabbed at Joseph's hands to pry them off and failing, while Joe looked at him with pure fury.

"I've had just about enough from you, Blackness," Joe growled, using the name Blake chose first.

Blake just let out a strangled noise, struggling to escape. Taking pity on his split personality, Joseph relaxed his grip and got off of Blake, taking a few deep breaths while Blake took in a few lungfuls, massaging where Joe's hand had been seconds prior.

"You've been overstepping your boundaries for too long now Blake," Joe said in a calmer, more collected tone, "Too many time's this has happened, and you have crossed the line two times to many. If it happens once more, you can expect me to be much less merciful. You have stirred up enough trouble, as have I.

With those words said, Joe withdrew from his mind to open his eyes and see Trixie still asleep with her forelegs wrapping Joe's arm in a tight embrace, a look of pure calm and serenity on her face.

The sight melted the anger that Joe had been feeling almost immediately, bringing a smile to his face. Maybe, he thought maybe everything will be alright come morning.


[POV: Blake]

Once Joe had faded back into consciousness, Blake had pick himself off from the dull grey ground that was his 'home'. "That was too damn close," he grumbled, "If that idiot had finished me off then all of my planning would've been for nothing." Looking around his empty prison once again, he contemplated if all of his effort would be worth it for the grand prize. "Of course... Of course it will," he cackled, grinning like a madman, letting his black colored power pulse for just a moment, reveling at the feeling, "Ah. Soon Joseph Green, you won't be a man with a voice inside your head, and I...I will be at my strongest!" He roared, letting his madness take form of dark laughter.


[POV: Trixie]

Trixie woke up from her dreamless sleep with blurry eyes and cuddled up against something soft and warm. Removing one of her legs from whatever she was holding close like a filly and her first teddy bear, she rubbed one of her eyes to try and clear the fog. Once her vision cleared she found Joe, who was facing the ceiling and seemed to be asleep, to be what she was holding onto. A blush quickly formed on her face when Joe opened his eyes, seemingly in a daze.

"Uh..." was the only noise Trixie could make. It was almost as if the sheer awkwardness of the situation made it impossible to speak.

After shaking his head quickly for a second, Joe turned his head to see Trixie grasping onto him as if he was a safety raft in a roaring ocean. "Good morning," he said, slowly removing himself from her tight grip. As he got off the bed and began the process of packing, questions as to how this situation came to be floated around inside Trixie's head. What happened last night? she asked herself, but once that thought crossed her mind a torrent of memories rushed forwards, reminding her of every detail. Her eyes began to water until one shining light in the black sea of dark memories made itself known. How Joe had picked her up, tucked her in and comforted her until she had cried herself to sleep. The feeling of gratitude Trixie felt towards Joe increased drastically and her memories of despair receded back.

Shaking away the sorrow, Trixie asked the question that she couldn't answer herself, "So, Joe. Why is it that you were in my bed?"

Turning away from his work Joe gave Trixie a look of trepidation he seemed deep in thought, his brows furrowed, "I'm not quite sure," he said finally, "I remember putting you in your bed, tucking you in and then feeling...lethargic."

"Lethargic?" Trixie asked, confusion evident in her tone, knowing that Joseph was a person that was always in the mood to do something.

"Lethargic might be the wrong word in this instance, exhausted seems more suitable."

"Tired? How?"

"A good question. You see, last night after, uh, thinking for a time I started feeling very numb and was unable to keep my eyes open. Before I knew it I woke up beside you."

"So you just fell asleep? In my bed?" Trixie deadpanned, she might have feelings for Joe, but him actually sleeping, or resting for that matter, was odd.

"As unusual as it may sound, yes." Joe admitted, moving away from the half packed stage supplies and such and sat at the end of the bed, " To be quiet frank I just felt as though I needed to rest. But that's not what we need to talk about," Joseph said, quickly changing the subject, "What we need to discuss is why you still cling to your past. Those painful memories I know are hard to remove, but you have to try." With those words, words that Trixie had always dreaded and hoped for, her eyes watered.

Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, Trixie did her best to calm herself down. He's right, she relented, her heart feeling as though it had unknotted itself for the first time in a decade, I've held onto all of it for too long...Huh...And I wondered why I always had nightmares, but now I know that the man of my dreams is here to try and save me once again, but this time from myself... "You want to know why I carried that burden?" She asked, looking at the floor dejectedly, "Because it was the only time that I knew real happiness for a long time, but thinking about it now...It makes me think about how the last few months have been. I've laughed and cried. Met a human that I care for very much, he saved me from from many things and yet, my own worst enemy is my past...But you're right. The past is the past. Even though what has happened was devastating, it was years ago. I need to forget about it."

When Trixie looked up to see the look on Joe's face, she could only describe it as a look of pride. He said nothing, but his gaze gained a thousand-yard-stare quality. With a quick shake of the head, his brilliant grey eyes found her, a soft look on Joe's face and his usual smirk faint, but on his face. "That's good. I'm happy that your at least trying to banish your dark foes."

Trixie gave Joe a wide smile, doing her best to leap over to him and give him the hug he deserves. Once she got her hooves on him she gave him the biggest hug she could muster, nuzzling into his side. He just chuckled and pet her mane, Trixie cooing in response. The two stayed like that for quite a while, but eventually the two removed themselves from the other and finished up packing with smiles on their faces. But, in Trixie's case, with a lighter heart.

Author's Note:

Hurrah for binge writing!