• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 5,674 Views, 174 Comments

Trixie Meets a Great and Powerful Human - 00Colt



Trixie finds a human with magic power far greater than she could have imagained, after traveling with this human she finds herself falling head over hooves in love with him, she deals with her conflicting emotions to finally say, 'I love you&am

  • ...
34
 174
 5,674

Of Trappers and Magic Tricks

"So this is Baltimare?" Joe asked, looking at the buzzing city from a hillock roughly three miles away. Though there were some cities larger than Baltimare, such as Canterlot, Baltimare was still fairly large, with several skyscrapers in the downtown area and a few parks inside the city itself.

"It is, Trixie doesn't remember there being so many skyscrapers the last time she visited, Trixie can still most likely navigate through the city nonetheless."

"Good to hear, but what about me?" Joe asked, gesturing to himself, "You said that we were going to Baltimare to perform, but I'm not exactly what you call inconspicuous, with me being bipedal and mostly hairless."

Trixie thought about it. It had taken about three days to get to Baltimare, where Trixie was scheduled to make an appearance at a popular bar on Mane Street. Trixie can't complain about the trip. While traveling she asked many questions about Joe, who answered many, such as age, twenty four, height, six foot six inches, weight, one hundred and ninety pounds and additional questions about his person, species, and history. All the while he responded, his now-signature half smirk, plastered on his face. Joe told her many things about himself especially his childhood, where he was educated, though the names she was unfamiliar with, his past experiments and his abilities in the field of magic. Reviewing what he had told her, she came up with a solution. "How about doing that Transfiguration spell you told me about two days ago?" she proposed.

He looked off, thinking, after a long silence he spoke up. "That's not that bad idea, but I have one problem with it, and that's the fact that I don't want to be a pony." Trixie opened her mouth to ask why, but he spoke again, "Nothing against you or your kind, but I think I would rather have a different perspective."

"How different of a perspective?"

"A 'no one will expect it' kind of perspective. Since you're a magician I thought that it would be entertaining to be a rabbit, and be your companion, not pet mind you, that would make it degrading."

"A rabbit." Trixie deadpanned How am I not surprised? she thought. Joe might not have realized it, but through his actions Trixie had been able to put reason behind somethings he does with his colorful personality, which is ironic, given the fact that he rarely gives a full expression. The only real emotions she had seen from him were amusement and anger.

"What?" he asked in an innocent tone. "I just thought that you could plan an amazing trick or two, where I can be the source of the magic, making it your pink aura instead of my white and we'll have them craving more."

Trixie though about that, he had a point. Joe was far more powerful than any unicorn that Trixie had ever seen, and, after last night's fireworks show, she didn't doubt his ability to amaze with visual spectacles. "Trixie is just unsure about it, are you sure that you can do it?"

"Does this answer your question?" he asked, as he surrounded himself in his magic. He smirked, getting smaller, white fur sprouting, ears relocating and elongating, legs reshaping and feet elongating. After a few more seconds before her stood a small white bunny, not a single thing seemed off about it. There was just one thing bothering her, "Where are your clothes?" She asked averting her eyes, blushing

Joe started to chuckle, "You have no need to worry, my clothes changed to fur. Besides, I thought that since you don't wear clothes that anything with a fur coat wasn't considered naked."

"Your right, but it just feels wrong since you always wear clothes, and it just looks like your not, it's a matter of principal."

"Principal or not, you're fretting over something you don't need to, besides, technically I am wearing clothes, it just looks like fur."

An awkward silence filled the gap in their conversation, with Trixie glancing at Joe every now and then, her light blush still present. About ten minutes passed before rustling was heard. Joe turned around immediately, a bit of white fur on the tips of his ears turning a dark gray, "Who's there?" he asked.

The rustling stopped. Not a sound was heard, besides the chirping of birds in the distance.

"Got ya'!" Shouted a large brown stallion, throwing a cage over bunny-Joe, capturing him. "We got 'im boys! I told you that there were talking rabbits!" He shouted to his crew of four other stallions, tossing the cage to one of them.

"Let him go!" Trixie shouted, running at the stallion holding the cage that had Joe.

The brown stallion, stepped in Trixie's way and grappled with her, looking at her, he said, "Go away little filly, this is our prize." His group whooped and hollered in response.

"He's no one's prize! Let him go!" Trixie shouted struggling against the large kidnapper, "He did nothing to you!"

"Stop...Struggling!" He grunted, backhoofing Trixie across the face. Falling to the ground, she teared up, only to hear a familiar war cry, and the shattering of wood.

[POV: Joseph]

Rage. Rage was the only emotion Joseph felt witnessing Trixie get assaulted, his mind became foggy, the sides of his vision blackening, his blood pulsing at a ferocious rate. Before he knew what he was doing he screamed at his captors at the top of his lungs, dipping into his powers to change back to normal. The cage was too small, growling in anger Joe threw his arms up, shattering the flimsy wood.

"You will all pay for hurting her!" He shouted, jumping at the assailant Joe grabbed him by the scruff of his neck, and held him up to face him.

The stallion looked angry, "Oi! What are you? What did you do with our prize?" he shouted, "Whatever you are, you aren't gonna be able to stand once we're done with you!" he ended his statement by throwing a hoof at Joe's face. Joe rose a hand and caught his hoof before it could make contact.

"You dare harm Trixie then attempt to harm me? I will not allow it!" Joe shouted, punting the stallion two hundred feet away, where he landed in a heap. The four other stallions were shocked, One of them fled, while the other three charged, holding long knives in their mouths. Joe swung an arm forward and struck one of the advancing ponies on the side of his head, knocking him out. Both of the remaining stallions began to slash and stab at Joe, who dodged every attack at incredible speeds. "You must be punished!" Joe shouted, grabbing both of the knives by the blade he scowled deeper at one of them and kicked him square in the chest, sending him into a stand of trees a few feet away, where a loud crack was heard. The remaining stallion stopped, and dropped his weapon. "Collect your injured before you become one." Joe growled menacingly, and the final stallion did just that, scampering off with his three friends atop his back.

Joe stood there, watching as the lone pony ran away as fast as he could. Growling Joe turned around to see Trixie staring, horrified at what she just witnessed. The rage dissipated from Joe's mind, his vision began to clear and his blood pressure went back to normal. He stood there weakly, dropped the weapon and mumbled "I'm sorry" before passing out.

[POV: Trixie]

Trixie watched as Joe fought the attacking stallions, and defeated all but one, who he let go to retrieve his comrades, and escape. Trixie had never seen Joe act like this, nor look like this. After breaking out of his cage his hair was pure black, as were his eyes and clothes, even his voice changed, instead of his usual kind, gentle toned voice, he had a deep, gravely, angry, demonic voice. After the last stallion ran off Joe growled and turned to face Trixie, and she was scared. Something was happening, his hair was changing back to it's normal color, as did his clothes and eyes and he mumbled two words, "I'm sorry," before collapsing on the ground.

"Joe!" Trixie shouted, getting up and running over to him, he seemed fine besides the cuts on the palms of his hands, and was unconscious. "Joe...What happened?" she asked his slumbering body. "Just...Please be okay..."

[POV: Joseph]

"What the hell happened Blake?!" Joe asked. They were in Joe's dream scape, staring at one another, or glaring in Joe's case.

Blake shrugged, "Not a clue, something big must've happened if you're here."

Joe scowled, "No really? I know you had something to do with it."

Blake raised his hands in a defeated manner, "I did not, but I think I know what did happen." he said "I think with the surge of anger your fight or flight response was activated and without thinking you chose fight."

Joe was silent, mulling over Blake's simple theory, and had to agree with him, "I just don't understand why I fainted after what I assume was an adrenaline rush, I know the weaker mind would, but not mine, it is far too complex...."

Walking over and wrapping an arm around Joe, Blake said, "You know that the beam could have caused several other by-products, such as fits of anger, high blood pressure, the list of possible ailments go on and on. Just hope it doesn't happen again." Joe sighed and nodded, he would deny it, but he was put at ease by Blake. "Alright, well, you should go, you've been unconscious for half an hour, and the Baltimare police might be on the way."

"Right, those brutes most likely went to get help saying something like 'A monster attacked us!' or something along those lines."

"Yes," Blake said, taking his arm back. "Well, take care Joseph, we shall speak again soon." Once Blake finished his sentence Joe was ripped from his dream scape, and Blake's black haired head disappeared.

[POV: Trixie]

Why won't he wake up? Trixie asked herself, it has been over twenty minutes since Joe fainted, and it didn't look like he would be waking up anytime soon. While he was out cold Trixie preformed first aid on Joe's hands to prevent infection and additional pain. That gang or whatever they where must have gone to the authorities, I don't see them yet, but I can't carry Joe all that far, I know that. I need some way to wake him up. Now!

Without thinking she grabbed a nearby bucket, filled it with water from a stream that was behind her cart, and threw the water onto Joe. As soon as the water hit his face Joe shot up, looking around frantically.

"Where are we?" he asked immediately.

Trixie was shocked by his sudden reaction, but answered "Where we were before,"

Taking a deep breath he looked at his hands with a pained expression and sighed before getting up. "We should get out of this area," he said "Let's pack up camp. Once we finish you can hop in your cart and I'll try to get some distance from here,"

Trixie complied and started to prepare everything for departure. After everything was stored safely in the storage compartment of Trixie's cart, they set off.

After an hour of looking for a secluded location outside of town they found one about five miles away from their previous location.

"That could have gone better." Joe said stopping the cart and sitting down

"Trixie agrees." Trixie responded, exiting her cart "Unless Trixie is crossing a line, she would like to ask you what happened."

"To tell you the truth, I have no real answer."

"You don't?! How could you not know? You're the smartest person I knows!"

Joe hung his head in shame, "There are things even the greatest minds cannot understand, and that was one such thing."

"But Joe, you weren't just violent, you changed."

Raising his head he arched a brow and asked, "How so?"

"Everything about you just...went black, your hair, eyes and even your clothes!"

Putting a hand on his chin Joe thought, Trixie didn't know exactly what about but, he finally said, "I'll need to think about this for some time to know exactly what happened, but I thank you for telling me this."

Trixie smiled in response, to which Joe replied in a smirk. Looking up Trixie saw where the sun was in the sky, "I think we should be going to the city now Joseph, Trixie's performance is scheduled to start in two hours."

Reentering her cart Trixie donned her magician outfit and exited once more to a somewhat different Joe. "What?" she asked incredulously

Lowering his head he muttered "Nothing, are you ready?"

As confused as Trixie was towards Joe's odd behavior she begrudgingly agreed to leave then. It had only taken twenty minutes to get to the edge of the city, Joe in his rabbit form on Trixie's back and Trixie in her magician costume.

"Nice outfit!" commented a snide mare that they passed, who's breezy yellow sundress was turned into a disgusting green, purple and brown laced frock. Joe laughed as the mare began to freakout about her now disgustingly colored dress, being mocked by those passing by her.

"Did you do that Joe?" Trixie asked

"Yes indeed, no one is to mock you whilst I am around." he responded, saluting in an informal way

Trixie giggled at his randomness and continued on, further into the depths of the bustling city.


So far so good! Trixie thought, looking at the crowd's pleased faces, she'd been preforming at a mediocre level, doing simple parlor tricks, the latest one was pulling a 'rabbit' out of her hat. The rabbit being Joe, who was now dancing a cute dance on stage, making the crowd 'Awwwww'.

"Now," Trixie said, taking some attention away from Joseph, who still danced in front of her, "For the final trick, I shall disappear from the stage, reappear somewhere else, disappear once more and reappear on stage in another form!" thought she said that in a confident voice she was scared, Joe had reassured her that she would be fine but she still had her doubts. Doubts she didn't voice. Acting as if she was charging her horn she let one corner of her mouth twitch, letting Joe know she was ready.

If Trixie was in the crowd she would have seen herself disappear from the stage in a ball of pink magic, but she wasn't in the crowd. "Here I am!" she shouted from behind the crowd, once most had turned around she exclaimed "Now I'm not!" before disappearing again, but the difference between this teleporation and the previous one is that, while being teleported, she was changing very fast, and when she was on stage again she was still standing, just not on four legs. "And here I am, once more!" she exclaimed. When the crowd turned to face the stage many of them looked at Trixie in shock, seeing a bipedal, shaved apelike creature with the same mane cut as Trixie had and in the same magician costume that she had been wearing.

"It is I, Trixie! In a new form! Bask in my magic!" she said, but the crowd was silent...then burst into applause. The cheering was so loud that Trixie had to cover her ears with her new hands. With one more twitch of the lips she was surrounded in a pink aura and slowly transformed back into her normal, blue, self.

Looking at Joe, Trixie nodded and they both bowed, and the curtains slowly dropped.

Author's Note:

I know...this took WAY too long to put out, but life can be aggravatingly busy, and writers block is very inconvenient. But here it is! The latest chapter! Also, let me know in the comments if the action scene should have this or that added or removed, anyhow, I hope you all enjoy!