• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 5,674 Views, 174 Comments

Trixie Meets a Great and Powerful Human - 00Colt



Trixie finds a human with magic power far greater than she could have imagained, after traveling with this human she finds herself falling head over hooves in love with him, she deals with her conflicting emotions to finally say, 'I love you&am

  • ...
34
 174
 5,674

Revelations in Manehattan

[POV: Trixie]

"Did I hear you correctly?" Joe asked Trixie through the slot that she used to talk through, "Because I thought that I heard you say Manehattan."

"I did Joe, why?"

Trixie didn't quite hear what Joe said but it was something about horse puns. Joe's been acting very strange the last couple of days.. Trixie thought, and it was true. Ever since the hydra attack Joe has been more reclusive and nowhere near as talkative. I hope nothing's wrong...Oh, it's all my fault! Every time someone gets close to me I either push them away or something happens to them! What's wrong with me?! Trixie thought, lowering her head, making herself feel worse as memories of the past flew to the forefront of her mind.

No. Trixie thought, standing tall, The past is the past and whatever Joe's dealing with, he'll work out himself. If he wanted my help, he would've asked. Her mind flashed back to that one night. The night she kissed Joe and a light blush covered her cheeks, Or maybe he's thinking about... that too...

Shaking the thought away, she dismissed the idea, it might be one of the biggest things in her mind at the moment, but she needed to focus on her next gig in Manehattan. But doing so made her heart feel just the slightest bit heavier.


After an hour the blue unicorn and the changed human, who took the form of a white unicorn with a yellow mane he used on the road when others neared, entered the city limits, where everypony was bustling and seemed to have a purpose in the city-wide network.

Once Trixie walked a few blocks further into the city, she heard her companion ask for her to stop. Pulling to the side of the road, Trixie unhooked herself from her cart and entered it to see Joe standing up, about to leave.

"What are you doing?" she asked, raising a brow and closing the door behind her.

"I'm getting out to walk," Joe stated flatly, "I don't know how you stand it, but I don't like to stay in one confined place doing nothing."

"In your state?" Trixie rebuked, blocking the doorway, "Are you insane?"

Looking through his long, messy, yellow mane Joe looked right into Trixie's eyes with his stunning, intelligent eyes. Her heart fluttered. "Trixie, I know my limits. I'll be fine." he said softly, as if afraid to hurt her feelings.

Dwelling on the matter for a few moments Trixie relented, but not without telling him off for being so thickheaded, to which he responded with his usual smirk. That Celestia forsaken smile of his... Trixie thought.

Within the next few minutes the duo were walking side by side with Joe pulling her cart in his usual fashion. One thing that Trixie had noted was that Joe seemed to be walking a little better than before and was more talkative than the last couple of days. Trixie was nearly ecstatic when she noticed that Joe was going back to normal, even if he's been talking to himself a bit more than before.

Letting out a small sigh of relief, Trixie leaned over to rest her head on Joe's neck as they continued on to the hotel that Trixie had a reservation at. Joe flinched at the initial contact, but after a few seconds, slowly eased back to the same position as before.

"You know Trixie," Joe said softly, snapping Trixie out of her little lull, "This place...This city, I mean, it...reminds me of home."

Trixie turned her head slightly to get a better look at the strong and handsome stal-human she was leaning on, and gave him a soft smile. No... she thought, Not just handsome and strong...smart, handsome, funny, great and powerful. My Great and Powerful Human... The thought comforted Trixie and fit like a key to a lock. She let out another sigh, but one of relaxation as her greatest friend led her to their destination.


[POV: Joseph]

With a relieved groan Joe flopped onto one of the cushioned bed of the four star hotel that Trixie reserved a room at, reverting to his normal human form. As great as it felt to get out of the God-forsaken cart for an hour, his wounds still hurt, but he enjoyed the quality time that he's been spending with Trixie as of late.

So when you gonna tell her? teased Blake.

Soon, she needs to know, and I've been pushing it off for too long... Joe thought, rubbing his head as Trixie entered the bathroom that branched off the room.

Oh, really? Blake said in a sarcastic tone, Lover boy going to confess?

One of Joe's eyes twitched at Blake's snarky comment, but he let it slide, No, I meant explaining how I got here and how I learned her name, not her first...it was an invasion of privacy and I should have told her sooner... At least explain how a being she's never seen before, or at least heard about, just mystically appeared.

Mystically? Really? Of any word to choose, you chose that? Blake quipped, But whatever, it's about time, how long's it been? Two months and change? Honestly, it'd surprise me if she hasn't forgotten already.

A lost memory or not, this information's been weighing down my consciousness for too long. Joe thought solemnly, looking over to his left to see Trixie exiting the bathroom, a wave of steam following her out, and a magically levitated towel drying her mane out. The sight made Joseph's heart flutter, and raised one of the corners of his mouth, And she only deserves the truth.

Blake made a sound akin to gagging, quickly saying, Can you stop choking me with all the sentiments you're giving? It's pathetic.


It had been a wonderful performance. The crowd today was larger than all of the previous combined. At least a good three hundred ponies of different kinds and colors had arrived to see Trixie's act. The smile she had the entire time was stunning, and what made it even better was that she has gotten so much better at controlling and strengthening her magic, and she had done over half of the act herself. The amount of pride Joe felt for her when he helped her with the final act and she smiled her brilliant smile was insurmountable, and left him feeling happy until Blake reminded him of his promise.

Now. Joe thought, conviction shown inside his mind, re-entering the shared hotel room with Trixie beside him, still smiling with an even larger bag, or sack as the case be, of bits than normal.

What? Blake asked, sounding legitimately surprised at Joe's comment, Are you serious? You'll ruin the good mood! She's happy!

Your point? Joe asked, steeling his resolve, If I don't do it now, I'll procrastinate with it until I say it at the wrong time. I need to get it over with.

But this is the wrong time you fool! Blake yelled, making Joe's head throb at a dull ache.

With one sigh Joe shut out Blake's voice, and transformed to his normal self, helping Trixie move her new stockpile of bits under her bed, with an invisibility spell for added protection. "Over three thousand bits, Joe!" she squealed, giving Joe a large hug, but being careful to not aggravate his shoulder, "This the most I've ever been paid, and it's all thanks to you!"

Joe nodded in appreciation of the compliment, but had sadness in his eyes. "Thank you Trixie, but there's something I need to tell you..."

Trixie pulled back a bit from the hug, giving Joe a confused look, a small smile still visible, "What is it Joe?"

Joe took in a deep breath, and released it, "You remember the day we meet?" Trixie nodded, "You we're so scared," he chuckled, "But after you were injured...No, before that even, when you thought you trapped, even thought I let you go. I did something you might find...uncivil."

Trixie cocked her head to the side, "Uncivil? What do you mean?"

"I mean I found out your last name and many other things about you by reading you mind, and looking at your past."

Trixie froze, her eyes glazed over and she seemed to be thinking. I really hope I wasn't too frank...

"By looking at my past," she started after a few minutes passed, "Do you mean... you looked at my memories?"

Joe nodded, his shoulders slumped down, "It's something I've done upon first meetings to better understand the person I'm talking to...I'm sorry I didn't tell you any earlier."

Trixie looked down, moving away from Joe, "How many times have you done it to me?" she asked, tears starting to well up in her eyes.

"Just the once," Joe said in a calm tone, "I wasn't thinking straight at the time, what with just walking into a completely different universe."

"What?" Trixie asked, looking up, her unfallen tears disappearing somewhat. With a flick of the wrist, a white, oval shaped disk appeared midair, showing an image of a laboratory full of contraptions that most men and women would never understand how to use. Trixie moved up to the disk an tried to put a hoof on it, only for it to go through the disk. Trixie quickly pulled her hoof back, and inspected the portal like disk more thoroughly. "Where does this led too?"

"Home." Joe stated, his tone steady and calm, despite the regret he felt inside, "I've been able to go home, to my home at any time. Honestly, the time I've spent here is the most fun I've had in years. I just didn't want to go. But that's not what I wanted to tell you..." Trixie looked back to Joe, her eyes full of curiosity and a small amount of tears yet to spill over. "What I wanted to say is...I've seen your past...and I'm sorry...The pain, the ridicule...Your nightmares. I saw it all, and the only thing I can say is...I'm sorry that I couldn't help then."

As if a switch was flicked all of Trixie's emotions seemed to boil over, and before Joe knew it, Trixie was a crying heap in front of him. Joe all but leaped to his companion's side, picking her up and setting her down gently on her bed, staying nearby. As she continued to cry, Joe sat there silently, stroking her mane, whispering calming words. After several minutes her crying died down somewhat, and the room was filled with shuddering breaths.

Author's Note:

I know, you all hate me. Three, no. FOUR months without an update. You all have full reason to hate and ignore forever...Anyhow, for those who haven't forgotten about little 'ol me, I know this chapter is a bit short and a heck of a bombshell, but I intended for it to be. (To be quite frank I re-wrote this chapter SEVERAL times) And it give's y'all something to wonder about...

Muahahahah! Cliffhangers are fun! Let the speculations commence!