• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 5,674 Views, 174 Comments

Trixie Meets a Great and Powerful Human - 00Colt



Trixie finds a human with magic power far greater than she could have imagained, after traveling with this human she finds herself falling head over hooves in love with him, she deals with her conflicting emotions to finally say, 'I love you&am

  • ...
34
 174
 5,674

A Night Away

[POV: Joseph]

Joseph walked into the small, dimly lit, pub, the sound of his hooves clacking on the hard wood floor with the accompanying jingle of a small pouch of bits that he borrowed from Trixie, were the only loud few noises present. Joe looked around, there were few patrons, most sitting at a table away from the bar with a drink nearby by themselves, which made sense, considering it was just an hour to midnight. He made his way to the bar, sitting down on one of the plush bar stools.

"What'll ye have there mister?" said the bartender.

"The hardest stuff you have." Joe stated.

"You sure about that, skinny colt?" the stallion asked, looking over Josephs form, his eyes lingering on the stitched up wound on Joe's shoulder.

"Yes, just give it to me, please."

"Ye must be in real need to forget somethin'."

Joe just shrugged, his shoulder aching. It has been a mere two days since the incident with the hydra, and Joseph was still recovering after Trixie's quick save. Even though Joe has had several major injuries in his lifetime, mainly when he had to use magic to repair his broken spine, but the gash he received has taken a larger toll than he expected it would. Even though he could just end his suffering now by healing himself, he didn't want Trixie to feel unneeded, and let her feel motherly by taking care of him like he had with the gashes on his palms. But the wound is very painful, and he has been forcing the muscle and skin to heal at a much faster rate, rather than immediately.

"Here ye go." the stallion said gruffly sliding Josephs drink to him, it smelled faintly of ginger, and had a faint reddish glow to it.

Joe mumbled his thanks, grasping at the mug with his magic, the light from his horn slightly illuminating the bar area, before sipping at the alcoholic drink, wincing as the drink burned a trail down his throat.

What am I supposed to think? Joseph asked himself. It's been over a week yet Trixie's little stunt is all I can think about...Is it just an infatuation, or does she have feelings that are even more deep rooted? And what about myself? How am I supposed to feel about it? Urgh...

That's something you gotta ask her yourself there Joe, and about the whole 'what about you' thing, that's your prob there buddy. Blake responded in a smug manner. Nice new form though, it suits you, what with all the white and the yellow mane. Yep, fits you nicely. But I have to say, interesting ass tattoo, what's it for?

Are you going to help, or are you going to beat around the bush some more? Joe asked, the drink yet to affect him, as he looked at his flank and examined his cutie mark of a large motherboard and a screwdriver As for my 'cutie mark' as Trixie called it, I believe it's for my experience in creating technical wonders.

Blake snorted at that last bit of information but didn't comment on it. Hey, I am trying to help here, you're havin' issues, and I'm trying to fix you up in the head. he responded

Sure, the help you're giving I could ask a stranger for and get the same answer...But I still don't know how to feel about it...

Joe. Blake said, seriousness laced in his voice. Realize this, she was bold enough to go out on a limb and kiss you square on the lips with no hesitation. It may be just a little crush that she has yet to completely nullify, but it could be more. Even though she's a pastel pony, she's as sapient as you. So, should you be able to set it aside if she is?

Yes. Joe conceded, But you know I've never been approached in such a manner...I just don't know what to think...Going from living a life of solitude in my lab as soon as I was eighteen, to living on the road with a new sentient being, might not have been the brightest decision I've ever had. Especially considering that sentient being is of the fairer sex.

Blake just sighed, his mood seemingly disappointed. You're over thinking this! There's a reason that you were never social as a child, it's because you take everything way too far into perspective. While you're busy looking at all the details, everyone else has moved on!

Joe shrugged, his gash aching a little more as his drink began to work its magic, albeit weaker due to his extremely fast metabolism. "Another please," he asked the bartender, who gave Joe a confused glance, but complied with the request, mumbling, "I've only seen one pony still perfectly fine after a Dragon's Fire...That mare..."

That may be the case, but Trixie's having the time of her life, I don't want to possibly ruin any type of relationship I already have with her. Joe thought, sipping at his drink, the edges of his mind slowly becoming fuzzy. And don't forget that I still need to explain everything from how I got here to how I know her last name, it'll gnaw at her unless I come clean about it all.

There are times where being rash is more tactful than over thinking everything. This is one of those times.

How do you know that? Joe asked.

What?

You have even less experience than I in social interactions, and especially romantic encounters, not even mentioning the fact that you aren't even real, so how do you know what to do?

Ignoring the 'not real' comment, the reason I know what to do is because I think outside of the box, while you're as deep down in that box as possible.

Joe was about to continue his mental argument with Blake when the bartender interrupted, saying, "Ye alright there kiddo?"

Joseph looked up at the aging steel-grey stallion, "Yes, why?"

"Ye seemed to be deep in thought about somethin', and you've been sipping at an empty mug."

Joe looked into his mug to see that it was indeed empty, before looking back at the elderly stallion, "It seems I have been, another?"

The stallion took the cup from him and, with a worried look on his face, he began preparing another drink, "Ye know, when I get a colt like you in here this late, somethin' big happened. What happened to you?"

If you're so sure that I'm wrong, ask this guy, he seems to know what's what. Blake stated.

"Just some wo-er-mare issues." Joe stated simply.

"Just issues with the mares? If I'm readin' you right, there's more than that." the stallion said, glancing at Joe's shoulder, "And it's not just nervousness or rejection."

Joe was surprised by the stallion, shocked that he was able to see all of that so quickly, "H-how did you know that?" he asked, with a small stutter.

The wise, elderly stallion just smiled and said, "I've seen many years, run this here pub for many of them, and I've seen colt after colt come here to drown their sorrows. Your case ain't that different from some of these cases," Blake snorted, but said nothing "I'm safe to assume that ye went after a nice young mare and got jumped by her ex?"

Sure, lets go with that. Blake said, chuckling. Joe nodded.

"Well, what you should do first is report who ever that colt is to the guard, young pride don't mean a thing if ye got hurt, and secondly you should go right up to that mare and tell her how ye feel. Might sound a little cliché, but it's usually the easiest way to get it done an' over with."

"But how would I do that? I don't know exactly what to do, and I don't want to make a wrong move."

The stallion snorted, "You're one of those cautious types, ain't ya'?" Joe nodded, "Well, I'd say that you should bring her somewhere romantic, then tell her. All you really need to know bucko."

"Really? Simple as that?"

The stallion nodded and smiled, "Young love follows the same tracks, safest bet is really to just go for it."

See! See what I mean? I know what I'm talkin' about! Blake exclaimed.

Ignoring Blake, Joe nodded and returned the smile, some metaphorical weight lifted off his shoulders. "Thank you Sir, you don't know how much you have helped. How many bits do I need to pay you?" Joe said, lifting his small sack of bits.

The bartender looked at the little pouch, but shook his head. "Nothing. It's on the house." Joe was about to ask why when the stallion continued, "The reason why ye don't have to pay is because I pity heartbroken colts. Well, that and those drinks you had is a drink I have as a drinking challenge called the Dragon's Fire challenge. Keep it down and don't pass out and you get yer picture on the wall." The stallion gestured to one of the walls in the back with the pictures of stallions and a few mares, all hammered, but with one purple earth pony with a purple mane and magenta colored eyes, smiling as if she hadn't drank a thing. "You, son, have just earned yourself a place there, what's your name?"

Blake? Any ideas?

I dunno. How about Hard Drive? Ponies seem to be named after those marks they got after all.

"Hard Drive. My name is Hard Drive."

"Hard Drive? Huh, you one of those colts learnin' how to make them new fangled computers?"

Joseph nodded.

After getting his picture taken, and a pat on the back with parting words, Joesph was on his way back to Trixie's cart, hoping to get back before Trixie woke up.

[POV: Blake]

Blake watched as Joseph made his way back to his and the ponies small camp outside of the city limits. Ever so slowly Blake retreated into Joe's subconscious, trying his hardest to not be noticed. After successfully backing into the one section of Joe's mind he could think to himself-unless Joe himself was there in a mental embodiment of himself- Blake began to chuckle, soon that chuckle became a laugh.

"Truly the stupidest smart person in all of existence! You pay attention to one thing in detail and give everything else just a once-over!" he laughed, a smile of malice upon his face, "That will ultimately be your downfall Joseph Green. But in time...in time..."

Author's Note:

Hey guys, it's been too long. Well. I'm an evil bastard. Hope you guys don't hate me for this chapter of 'protagonist goes to bar and gets helpful information/tips on how to deal with his problems/issues' type deal I gave you all.