• Published 1st Feb 2014
  • 3,605 Views, 96 Comments

Foal Games - DuskShadowBrony



(ALERT: Diapers, regression, and related. Do not click if you are not into this.) Ponies who visit a strange but kind pegasus's home vanish, and put into a game. Losers are slowly turned into foals. The SIU is sent to investigate the vanished.

  • ...
14
 96
 3,605

VIII- Round 3? Escape?

Chapter VIII- Round 3? Escape?

“It’s simple, really. All you have to do is pull out a block, and stack it on top. However, this is a competition of luck, too. Each block will have a certain effect on either you or other ponies.” Corona explained. We had already entered the new room.

As she talked, I noticed a group of other ponies looking on edge. Their eyes darted around nervously. My partner tapped me on the shoulder, and whispered into my ear. “Listen. A few of us have a plan. Once they let their guard down, even for a flash of a moment, we strike.”

“That’s not much of a plan.” I muttered back. “Just… charge at them? And even so, I doubt that it’ll be so simple.”

“You have a better idea?” he responded, with a note of annoyance. “We’re doing it. Are you in or not?”

“Hold on. How did you manage to plan this without anypony overhearing?”

“It was quite simple. I found out that they don’t monitor the bedrooms. They respect our privacy enough, or something like that. There were no rules stating that we couldn’t enter another pony’s room, so we gathered together in my room and planned this out. I was going to involve you, but I couldn’t find you anywhere. One pony has already agreed to be a distraction. Once he makes his move, the guards should turn their attention to him. We can attack from behind.”

“I’ve got a really bad feeling about this.” I shook my head. “Maybe you shouldn’t.”

“Oh come on. There’s eight of us in on the plan, and two guards. If we get a step up on them, we can do it. We should have done this sooner, but most ponies were too afraid to do it. Now we finally have ponies with the will to try for an escape.”

I was going to continue protesting, but Talon called out to us. “Hey! You two! Keep quiet! We’re starting soon!”

As soon as he said this, a pony I recognized as Crayg from the magic paper knocked over a nearby set of boxes. Wooden blocks spilled out, and he grabbed them, starting to hurl them at the guards. Talon blocked off most with his wing, while Torrent used a barrier spell. Corona took a step back, and started reaching into her saddlebags.

“Now! Now!” FlashRain charged with a number of other ponies. Two went for Corona, three for each guard. It seemed they would win at first, the guards started to be forced to their knees by the captives, but it quickly went bad.

Talon spun around rapidly, throwing the ponies on him off. Torrent started forming a barrier close to his body, then expanded it, sending the ponies on him a short distance into the air. They then rushed to Corona and pulled the two ponies pinning her down off. Torrent’s horn glowed as he cast binding spells over the ponies in the escape attempt.

“Oh dear.” Corona got up, dusting herself off. “Such misbehaved ponies.”

“Screw you!” Sprout shouted. “Let us go!”

“First you get in my face during free time, then you attack me directly. That’s not very polite.” Torrent narrowed his eyes. “Miss Corona, what do we do with them?”

“Don’t you dare-“ FlashRain was cut off as Talon cast a silence spell on the bound group.

“Well…” Corona thought about it for a while. “Our rules should be enforced. Everypony who tried to escape will get a strike.”

“But that makes a third strike for some of them, right?” I asked her.

“Correct.” She answered. “While we deal with this, the game will be postponed.” Talon and Torrent started to move the ponies out of the room.

“Hold on, please. I would very much like it if they were excused for their actions.” I stepped up.

Corona shook her head. “I’m sorry, DustStorm, but I cannot do such a thing. If we let them off, then others will think it’s okay to just do as they please.”

They started to walk off, and I moved to block the doorway. “Then… please. Let me take the strike for my partner. Let me at least protect him.”

Corona gave me a soft gaze. “Take the others to the nursery.” She ordered her guards. “Let his friend free.”

Torrent released his spells on FlashRain, and he stumbled up.

“Wait! Dust!” he said. “I know you’re trying to help me, but-“ I cut him by shaking my head.

“You can’t change my decision, Flash. You’re one of my closest friends, and I just want to do what’s best for you. I’ll be fine.” I gave him a short smile. “I’ll be fine.”

Corona nodded to her guards. “I’ll be there shortly.” She then faced me. “Come with me. I want to talk about something.”

***

Corona made sure the door was locked, then turned around and looked me over. “You know…” her words were quiet. “You’re the only pony here who seems to understand me.” She walked over to me, and gently stroked my head with a wing. I flinched at first from the touch, but allowed her to continue. “Do you think… the other ponies hate me?”

I sighed. “No. I think they’re more afraid of you than anything.”

Corona looked saddened at this. “That is not my intention. I just want to see ponies happy. I thought that making this a game would be more enjoyable, but it doesn’t seem that way.” She sighed softly and sat down on a couch. “I would take care of them like they were my own family. If they were happy foals, then I would have a family again.”

“You’re privileged to have had a happy family.” I whispered, glancing down awkwardly. “Family is supposed to make you feel safe and secure. I’ve felt safer here than I ever did back at my old home.” I shook my head. “I’ve said too much.”

“I thought it was something like that.” Corona gazed at me with her gentle eyes. “Didn’t you have anypony to support you as you grew up?”

I shook my head again. “No. I only had myself.” When I looked up again, I saw Corona looked even sadder than before. “But it’s all right.” I said quickly, trying to cheer her up. “Really. I have friends now. I’m all right. I’m okay.” I turned away from her again, knowing that tears would form if I continued.

Corona suddenly embraced me in a gentle hug, wrapping her hooves around me and spreading her wings to shelter me. “You don’t have to stay so strong all the time. It’s okay to cry. I promise that I will take care of you and every other pony here.”
I stayed under her wings for a while. It was so calming. I felt secure and at peace. It felt oddly familiar. But I had never been hugged before. Why did I feel like I had felt this before?

“Now… you said you wanted to take the strike for your partner, right?” Corona whispered to me.

I pulled away gingerly from her hug. “That reminds me…” I took out the magical paper and scanned it quickly.

Foal Games- Competitor List

Remember, 3 strikes and you’re out!

001- Dawn- Pale Purple Unicorn, Female- Strikes: 0
002- Vine- Light Green Earth Pony, Female- Strikes: 1
003- Leaf- Deep Green Earth Pony, Female- Strikes: 2
004- SwiftCloud- Pale Gray Pegasus, Male- Strikes: 3
005- LightningFlash- Yellow Pegasus, Male- Strikes: 2
006- Oceana- Blue Unicorn, Male- Strikes: 2
007- Crayg- Orange-Brown Earth Pony, Male- Strikes: 2
008- SolidSteel- Gray Earth Pony, Male- Strikes: 1
009- Clay- Beige Pegasus, Male- Strikes: 1
010- Luster- Bright Blue Unicorn, Female- Strikes: 2
011- Rhythm- Red Pegasus, Female- Strikes: 3
012- SilverLining- Deep Gray Pegasus, Female- Strikes: 3
013- Sprout- Brown Earth Pony, Male- Strikes: 3
014- Mentira- Pink Unicorn, Female: Strikes: 1
015- DustStorm- Gray Unicorn, Male- Strikes: 2
016- FlashRain- Pale Blue Pegasus, Male- Strikes: 0

“Four ponies will be moved to the main nursery for care.” She said. “After all that’s happened today, we should probably hold the game tomorrow.” She pulled out the bottle of enchanted foal powder. “Ready?”

I nodded, bracing myself slightly as she threw some of it over me. I felt myself shrink down further, and my mind feel more hazy. I felt tired, and stumbled a little. Corona caught me as I fell into a deep sleep.

Author's Note:

So, classes were cancelled for today, so I have some time to write some chapters. Still have homework, though.