• Published 1st Feb 2014
  • 3,583 Views, 89 Comments

Foal Games - DuskShadowBrony



(ALERT: Diapers, regression, and related. Do not click if you are not into this.) Ponies who visit a strange but kind pegasus's home vanish, and put into a game. Losers are slowly turned into foals. The SIU is sent to investigate the vanished.

  • ...
14
 89
 3,583

III- Round 1: Maze

Chapter III- Round 1: Maze

I moved quickly through the twists and turns, taking mental notes of paths I already took, but I still found myself lost. I gave a short ‘tch!’ of annoyance at the sixth dead end I hit, and took another path down. My intuition flashed across my mind again, and I allowed the image to form. It was the silhouette of a pony, with the outline of a path to take. If it was another captive, I could team up with them. I also thought about Corona mentioning special items in the maze. I quickly headed to the location my intuition mapped out, and almost crashed into Corona herself.

“Oh, hello there. DustStorm, was it?” she spoke in a soft voice. “Congratulations. You’ve found a clue item. You’re the first pony to receive a clue. Well, an opportunity to get one, anyway.”

“What do you mean by ‘opportunity’?” I asked, narrowing my eyes.

“Oh, well, you can choose to continue going on your own, or do a little something for a hint.” She went into her saddlebag and pulled out a foal bottle, full of milk. She rolled it across to me. “If you want the hint, drink all of that.”

I stopped the bottle with my hoof, looking from it to her. “Why are you doing this to us?”

“I told you. Ponies grow up too quickly. They don’t get a chance to enjoy life once they’re grown up. That’s why I make them not have to worry about anything anymore.” She nodded at the bottle. “You’re wasting time. Make your choice, the longer you take, the more progress the others make.”

I looked at the bottle, and shook my head. “As if I would do something like this.” I turned to go, then thought about it. I had made no known progress so far. I was lost, and needed help of some sort, or I would squander more time with pointless wandering. I turned back and forth, trying to decide what to do. Finally, I sighed, gritted my teeth, and attempted to pick up the bottle with my hooves. Corona watched me struggle for a while, and then stepped up.

“Here.” She adjusted the ring on my horn gently. “I’ve given you minimum control of your magic. You should be able to use levitation spells now.” She smiled sweetly at me and stepped back.

I picked the bottle up with my magic, and lifted it to my mouth. “I cannot believe I am doing this.” I muttered, as I placed my mouth over it. I sucked on the bottle, drawing out the liquid slowly and awkwardly, until finally, it was empty. I tossed the bottle down, wiping my mouth with one of my hooves. “There. Now what’s my clue?”

Corona gave a soft laugh. “First, let me apologize for the door trap when you first started investigating. I synthesized a special kind of foal powder that makes anypony that breathes it in fall into a relaxed state, just like a sleepy foal. You looked adorable.” She laughed again. “All right, here.” She passed an odd-looking compass to me. “This will point to where the center is if you press the center part. You can only use it three times. It will not point to the path you take, rather, it points directly to the center of the maze.”

I took it, and tapped the center. The needle spun before pointing behind me. I headed down the direction I thought I should take.

Corona called after me. “Good luck, little pony!”

I continued my navigation of the maze, when I heard hoofsteps behind me. I turned around, and saw one of the missing ponies, a purple unicorn.
“You’re- you’re one of the investigators, right?” she asked shakily. “I’m Dawn. Please tell me you found a way to escape.”

I sighed. “If I told you that, I would be lying.”

“Then- then at least somepony… anypony will know you’re missing, right? They’ll send help, right?” she questioned eagerly.

I shook my head. “The SIU doesn’t work that way. We are completely classified. Due to the risk of transmissions being intercepted, we don’t communicate outside of the office. We don’t report in daily. Ponies investigating a case can go silent for months, or even years.” She looked crestfallen, and I decided to change the subject. “Have you found anything?”

“Oh…” she shifted uncomfortably. “I met… that Griffon that was with her… He said that if I wanted a clue, I would have to eat a jar of foal food…” She looked away. “And… well… I couldn’t.”

I nodded. “Understandable. Have you met any of the others?”

“No, you’re the only other pony that I’ve come across.” She answered.

“We’re wasting time.” I said. “We should get moving. I have something here.” I pulled out the compass and showed it to her, explaining how it worked. “Two uses left. I’ll use it again now.” I tapped the center, watching the needle point to our left. “Let’s move.”

Perhaps it was just dumb luck, or the compass being of more use than I thought, but we soon saw a different looking pathway, with a pacifier and bottle pattern on the walls. We followed it, and reached a large room, that looked like a giant nursery. Four other ponies, including FlashRain, were already there. “Flash!” I ran up to him and gave him a quick hoof bump. “I’m glad to see that you’re all right.”

“Same to you, partner.” He returned the hoof bump. “So that leaves two remaining for safe spots. What happened in the maze? I expected you to be one of the first.”

I summarized my experience in the maze, and he broke out laughing. “Really? You drank from a foal bottle? Really?”

I brushed a bit of my mane away in a dignified manner. “It’s not that funny. Have you found anything useful?”

He stopped laughing and shook his head. “As far as I know, they’ve got this place locked down really well. Maybe- ” He broke off as another two ponies walked in, a beige Pegasus and a blue unicorn walked in.

A door slid open, and Corona with her two guards stepped into the room. “Congratulations, all winners. It’s a bit sad that you don’t want to go back to your young, innocent lives, but well-played, all of you. I shall summarize the clues in the maze. DustStorm was the first pony to get offered a clue. I offered it to him, in exchange for him drinking out of a foal bottle. He accepted the tradeoff. Dawn was the second pony, who met TalonFeather here.” She motioned to the Griffon. “She was told that if she wanted the clue, she would have to eat a jar of foal food. She refused, and moved on without any clues. Oceana…” she pointed to the blue unicorn that had walked in recently. “Met with Torrent…” she motioned to her buff turquoise unicorn. “She was told that she had to suck on a pacifier for thirty seconds for her clue, and did so. The first pony to arrive at the center was FlashRain. The last pony, was the group of Oceana and Clay.” The beige Pegasus looked down at his hooves. It probably occurred to him that by winning, he made the other ponies who didn’t make it lose. “Let’s round up the rest. Wait here, in the winner’s circle.”

Corona and her guards shifted a few blocks around, to form a rather chunky circle. The seven others and I moved silently into the area. They left, and silence fell over the room. Several times, one of us would start to talk, then fall silent again. After what seemed like forever, the hidden door opened again, and escorted by Corona and her guards again, the losing eight ponies walked out.

“You know the rules.” She said, smiling. “You’ll look so much cuter after this! I promise this won't hurt a bit. I would never hurt little ponies like you all.”

The other ponies looked terrified, as she pulled out a jar of foal powder. She scattered some over each of them, and before our eyes, they started to shrink. They went from being in their teens, to only about nine or ten years old. She gave them each a quick kiss on the head, which seemed to calm them down somewhat.

“Well, that’s it for now!” She called out. Yet another hidden door opened. “Back to your rooms, I’ve prepared one for each of you. You’ll find the room suitable to your needs and current age.”

One by one, we got up, and exited the room in silence.

Author's Note:

Dinner tonight was day old chicken nuggets from Wendys, Barbecue Lays, and a cup of cold soup. College life, eeyup.