• Published 1st Feb 2014
  • 3,583 Views, 89 Comments

Foal Games - DuskShadowBrony



(ALERT: Diapers, regression, and related. Do not click if you are not into this.) Ponies who visit a strange but kind pegasus's home vanish, and put into a game. Losers are slowly turned into foals. The SIU is sent to investigate the vanished.

  • ...
14
 89
 3,583

VII- Free Time 2, Part 2: Corona's Family Crest

Chapter VII- Free Time 2, Part 2: Corona’s Family Crest

“Miss Corona? She’s in her room. Is this important?” Talon asked me, frowning.

“It’s very important. Please, let me talk to her.” I wasn’t sure what my insight meant, but it always would show something vital to the current situation. I knew I had to talk to her.

“All right. Wait here, I’ll get her for you.” He left the room, leaving me alone in the hallway. Minutes that stretched to feel like eternity passed, before I finally heard hoofsteps. Corona stepped through the doorway, shutting it behind her.

“DustStorm? Talon said you had something ‘very important’ to tell me?” She asked, curiosity and confusion on her face.

It was at this moment that I realized that I did not have a way to explain it, without it sounding strange. “I… just had a feeling.” I muttered, poking at the ground with a hoof. “I can’t really explain it. I just felt that there was something… I- I don’t know.”

“You just had a feeling?” she gave me an odd look. “You know, it seems like you’re hiding something. You can tell me about it.”

I shifted uncomfortably. “Then… please let me finish before you think that I’m crazy.”

“I wouldn’t think that.” She laughed. “Go on.”

“I have an ability that I call Intuitive Insight. I randomly get a flash of an image in my head, that is always linked to the current situation. It always points out something critical to me. It’s how I was able to find that hidden room. It also allowed me to find the clue in that maze. It’s helped me so many times in my investigations.”

“So it’s like being a psychic?” She questioned, tilting her head.

“You… believe me?” I asked in surprise.

“Of course I do. There are many unexplainable things in this world. In addition, there wouldn’t be much point in you telling a lie about this.”

“I appreciate you trusting me.” I gave her a respectful bow. “And to answer your question, no. Psychics get visions of the future, and what is to come. My visions are of the present. They just guide me to see things I couldn’t see before.”

“That’s more than useful.” She said, smiling. “It’s very interesting that you have a skill like that. Does your partner have an ability, too?”

“Yeah… but you’ll have to ask him. I don’t think he’ll be happy if I told you. He’s already going to give me a hard time if I told him that we talked like this.. Just keep this between us.”

“I can do that.” She promised. “Now, we still don’t know why you had that vision of me, right? Is there a way to find out?”

“Well… this has never happened before. Every time before, when I had an Intuitive Insight, I always was able to find what was so important about it right after I had the vision.”

“Then walk with me. I have a few things to do, and maybe we’ll find out what was so dire about your vision on the way.” She walked to another door and inserted a key, turning it. The door swung open as she pushed.

I followed her through, and we walked up a long stairwell. We finally reached the top, which led into a massive room filled with arcane instruments and devices. “This is amazing.” I said eagerly. “I haven’t seen so many magical artifacts since I broke into that storeroom back in Canterlot.”

“You broke in? Didn’t you get in trouble?” she chuckled as she browsed the room.

“Well… it wasn’t entirely breaking in. they just left the door unlocked, and I took that as an invitation. It was eventually marked down as an investigation on my part. I found an unlocked room that was supposed to be high-security, and decided to check it out, to look for possible criminal activity. Or that’s what the official record said, anyway. I still got a five day suspension from the Royal Guard, though.” I examined a set of scales, moving on their own. “Where did you get all this? No, not just that. How?”

“My family name is huge back at my homeland. We have… influence, for a lack of a better way to put it. Both by title and monetary means, we can pull some strings.”

“I noticed the crest. I haven’t seen it in any of my history books of Equestria. You come from pretty far away, don’t you?”

“Right. My family started outside of the country of Equestria. It was a country called Natura. My ancestors started a living in the town named Waterfall Valley. They started as nothing more than simple farmers. Then there was that time the king and queen decided to come down to the village, to see how the other ponies were living. Unfortunately, they didn’t know that Sand Sharks were very common around the village.”

“Sand Sharks?” I asked. “Are they literally what their name says?”

“Yes. Sharks that lived in sand. They were made of some kind of enchanted mud, sort of like how Timberwolves are made of magical sticks, branches, and bark. It wasn’t good that the two monarchs only brought three guards. They chose to land in an area outside the village. Unfortunately, that was right in the middle of a Sand Shark nesting area. The Sharks caused the cart and the guards to sink down through the sand. The king and queen tried to take flight, but they soon found themselves stuck in the sand, too. The other villagers were frightened for their own safety, afraid to help. But not my ancestors. SearingFlame and Comet were their names. They were very agile Pegasi. They flew in, and tried to help the guards and royalty escape. Obviously, the Sand Sharks were not happy about that. They leapt out of the sand, attacking my ancestors. However, being agile, they managed to dodge the attacks, and strike back when they could, with the only weapons they had- farming tools. It was difficult for them, but eventually, they managed to help everypony back to safety. It was then the King and Queen decreed them as part of the Royal Army, as thanks for saving their lives. They gathered supporters quickly. Ponies thought ‘If two farmers can do it, why can’t we?’ The family name grew quickly. They had children, and trained them , too. Some became soldiers in the Royal Army, others went to become famous scholars. Ponies were adopted into the family, too, allowing us to expand even more. It was a great life there, our family was treated like royalty.”

“So what made you decide to come here?” I asked. “If your life back at your home country was so great, why did you leave?”
“I was always curious about everything. I was a huge bookworm, reading about anything I could get my hooves on. Eventually, with hundreds of books read, I wanted to know more. I wanted to know what the rest of the world was like. I had heard of a country called Equestria many times. After a short talk with my mother and father, they gave me the funds to travel to here. I first stopped in Canterlot, and it reminded of my home in the royal city. Ponyville was like Waterfall Valley. I felt like I was still at home. I felt happy to be in Equestria. I felt so happy that a country so far away could be so much like home. Thus, I decided to settle down. My family still has influence back home, so if I need something done, I just have to send a message back home, and we have a few gears turned for us.” Her face suddenly grew sad. “I had planned to expand the family line here. I met my husband, StarRise, when I attended a sporting event at Cloudsdale. He was so sweet, caring, and humorous. We fell deeply in love, and soon, we had children. I was so glad. My family name was going to grow, here in Equestria. Or that’s what I had hoped for, anyway. But that didn’t happen…” she trailed off. “But I’m happy with what I am doing now. The grown world is harsh. I simply don’t want any more ponies to go through it.” She slung a bag full of the magical items across her back. “You understand, don’t you?”

I nodded. “I understand why you’re doing this. But it doesn’t mean I support you doing it.”

She smiled. “I can live with that.” She motioned for me to exit, and I tailed her out of the room.

"One thing." We had started our descent when I spoke up. "I still don't know what the vision was about." Then it occured to me.The family crest. I had seen it before. Deep within my mind, an obscure memory stirred. What was that memory? Why did I have it? Most importantly, why had my vision shown it as so important?

Author's Note:

So I went to Wal-Mart today, and spent $2.50 on ten entire meals. Ramen cups. 25 cents each. Yum. You gotta love it, right?