• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 690 Views, 33 Comments

Blue Skye's Story - Skyfire Storm



My OC, a Pegasus pony named Blue Skye goes through life's ups and downs with his friends.

  • ...
8
 33
 690

Blue's Crush

Aug. 19, 2002
It was Blue's first day as a high school student. He walked down the corridor and looked around his new surroundings. There high school was far bigger and more elaborate than Cloudsdale Elementary School, but Blue wasn't used to being alone on the first day of school. It's been almost four years since Thunder has moved to Canterlot, and while Blue had two good friends, Rainbow Dash and Singer, who often hung out with him, Blue still felt like Thunder was his most realest friend. As Blue walked down the corridor towards his first class, he noticed a new pony looking completely clueless about where she's going. As Blue looked at her, he was lost in thought. She looks so beautiful... Blue thought to himself, but then snapped out of it as he noticed the pony walking towards him. He decided to talk to her.

"You alright there?" Blue asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Do you by any chance know where..." the mare replied, before pausing for a little while as she scrolled through her school timetable. "Mr. Cyclone is?" Blue smiled.

"I have him next. If you'd like I could come with you to the class." Blue explained.

"Sure, that'll be cool." the mare said, grinning. "My name is Meadow Breeze. Yours?" she asked.

"I'm Blue Skye, but you can call me Blue if you want. I don't really mind." he replied.

"Nice name." she replied, smiling.

"I like yours too. So, you coming... Meadow?" Blue asked.

"Sure." she replied, smiling. The two ponies made it to class just before the bell rang and sat down at two vacant desks, which were sat beside each other. The teacher then came in. He was the same Cyclone who worked alongside Lightning Fast at the Weather Factory, but after reaching a midlife crisis, he retired from the Weather Team and he became a Geography teacher in Cloudsdale High School.

"Morning, everypony." Cyclone begun. "My name is Mr. Cyclone and I'm going to be your Geography teacher for the next year. Alright? Good. We'll start the school year off by learning about the physical geography of Equestria. I have a feeling this year is going to be very enjoyable." he said, before noticing Blue Skye looking at Meadow, who sat directly opposite him. He was lost in thought; he had already just met her and he seemed to be feeling differently around her. Was Blue having a crush on her? Blue's thoughts were distracted by a voice.

"Blue Skye?" Cyclone called out. The entire class turned around and looked at him.

"Uh... Yes, Mr. Cyclone?" Blue asked.

"What did I just say there?" Cyclone asked him.

"Uh... You were talking something about Geography, weren't you?" Blue replied. The teacher simply sighed.

"Care to be more specific, Blue?" he asked. Blue sighed.

"I uh, wasn't listening, Mr. Cyclone." Blue admitted.

"That's what I thought, Blue Skye. You foals these days, never paying any attention to anything..." Cyclone sighed. Some colts smirked at Blue, who simply sighed and opened his Geography book. Meadow simply smiled at him and opened up her book as well. As the day progressed, Blue found it hard to concentrate on his lessons. He often turned to face Meadow and smiled at her and wondered whether he was actually falling for her. At lunch, Blue was sitting beside Singer and Rainbow Dash.

"So, Singer. Do you want to come to the park after school so we can improve your flying skills?" Rainbow Dash asked, in her usual brash tone.

"No thanks, Dash. I already learned quite a lot in Elementary..." Singer replied.

"Believe it or not, it's much harder flying around the park than through some old clouds." Dash replied. "You think you're up for it?" she asked him.

"Uh, I don't know." Singer replied.

"Hey, Blue." Dash asked. Blue was lost in his thought; he was looking at Meadow, who was sitting with some new friends at the table in front of theirs.

"Blueeeee!" Dash called out. She then had an idea; she reached out across the table and tried to grab Blue's cookies. Dash knew how much Blue enjoyed his cookies that his mom often gave him to school, so that'd be a perfect way to distract him. Dash then grabbed the cookies from Blue's lunch tray and flashed them in front of his eyes. Blue then snapped out of his train of thought and glared at Dash.

"Hey, these are mine! Gimme them back." Blue said, glaring at Dash. He grabbed them off her and hid them in his bag, so she couldn't reach them. They both then sat back.

"Now, what do you want Dash?" Blue asked.

"Nothing. I was just going to ask if you think Singer can fly around the playground in Cloudsdale Park." Dash replied. Blue thought to himself.

"Yeah, if he trains hard enough. And believe me, it's incredibly hard flying around that playground." Blue replied. "But right now, Singer doesn't seem ready enough." he smirked.

"Maybe--HEY!" Singer replied. "I am ready! Don't you remember back when I beat Thunder Clap in that course back in middle school?" he asked.

"Yep. I do." Blue replied. Although Blue was quite an experienced flyer back then, just like Rainbow Dash, Blue still flew in that course and managed to fly past Thunder Clap twice, before running out of breath and moving down into fourth place. Blue, however, never crossed paths with Thunder Clap or any of his goons again. "I hated him so much. I'm wondering if he's here right now..." Blue said.

"He is." Dash replied. "I'm just glad Singer taught him a lesson back then, otherwise he'd have made all of our lives a misery." she said.

"Yep." Blue agreed.

"Oh, and Blue?" he said.

"Yeah?" Blue answered.

"What were you looking at back then, when Dash almost took your cookies?" Singer asked. Blue's cheeks then flushed red.

"Uh, nothing. I was just looking at what's going on outside. I think it was some kind of large bird of prey or something. You don't see them everyday in Cloudsdale." Blue replied and chuckled. Dash simply shook her head.

"Yeah, right. Blue, seriously. What were you looking at?" she asked him.

"I swear! It was like some kind of large hawk or something." Blue lied to her.

"No, Blue. It wasn't a hawk. Birds can't fly as high as Cloudsdale." Singer told him.

"Well, duh!" Blue yelled at Singer, who simply sighed.

"Well then, what were you looking at?" he asked.

"Is that really your business?" Blue replied.

"Come on, dude. Tell us!" Dash said.

"Okay fine..." Blue facehoofed and sighed. "I was looking at the new mare who joined the school." he said, while pointing to Meadow. Dash and Singer smirked. Blue couldn't resist the urge to facehoof again.

"You have a crush on her?" Dash asked, grinning.

"Uh, maybe." Blue replied, with a hint of awkwardness in his voice, but then he snapped. "Hey! I know what goes on between Soarin' and you, Dash, so don't bother saying I have a crush on the new mare." Blue shouted, but kept his voice down enough so that Soarin' or anypony else who was in the cafeteria couldn't hear. Dash was quick to react.

"Look, please don't tell anypony..." Dash replied. "I do sort of have a little crush on Soarin'."

"I won't tell anypony, Dash. I actually do have a tiny crush on the new mare. Oh, and her name is Meadow." he said.

"Meadow? Cool name." Singer said.

"I agree. Her parents must be farmers or florists or something like that. I don't know, but it still sounds pretty cool." Dash replied.

"Yep. I like it too." Blue replied. "But I don't know if she'd like me..."

Later on, at home...
Blue stepped into the family home. The only other ponies at home were Summer, his mom, and his little brother, Firestorm, who was upstairs sleeping in his crib. Summer was in the kitchen, baking a fresh batch of hay fries, when Blue trotted into the kitchen.

"Hey mom!" Blue said.

"Hey, sweetie!" Summer replied, nuzzling him. "How was school today?" she asked.

"It was good, just as always. Mom, I need to talk to you about something." Blue said. Summer raised an eyebrow as she put the hay fries into the oven.

"What is it, son?" Summer asked.

"Well, uh, I met a new pony today at school. Uh, her name is Meadow and I think I might... like her." Blue said with a hint of awkwardness in his voice, not sure how his mom would react to that statement.

"Like her? As in as a friend? Or more?" Summer asked, with a grin slowly forming on her face.

"Well, mom. To be honest, I don't really know. I mean, I've only just met her today." Blue replied. "Maybe I should start off with just being her friend." he said.

"I agree. It's not a good idea to start a relationship too soon, Blue. What if you two find out you don't really like each other or aren't fit for each other?" Summer asked him. "It'd be best if you talk to her, start hanging out with her, share your interests and goals. But above that, I'm really happy for you that you found a potential special somepony." she said, smiling at Blue.

"Thanks for the advice, mom." Blue replied and nuzzled her. "When will the hay fries be ready?" he asked her.

"I just put a new batch of them into the oven right now, sweetie. I think they'll be ready in about 15-20 minutes." Summer replied.

"Alright, mom." Blue said and went off into the next room. At about 6:30 PM, Blue left the house and went to the Weather Factory downtown Cloudsdale, since he was still in the Weather Team's Junior Program. The sun was beginning to near the horizon as Blue walked through the town, but the buildings made it seem quite dark. Blue wasn't looking where he was going when he bumped into Meadow, the same filly from school.

"Oops, sorry." Blue said and helped her up. "I didn't see where I was going."

"It's okay. I thought I was going to take a little walk around the town to get to know my surroundings a little bit better." Meadow replied. "Blue, is it?" she asked.

" Yep." Blue replied. Wait... you just moved here?" he asked.

"Yep. I just moved here on Saturday from Baltimare." Meadow replied. "My dad wanted to take his business to Cloudsdale." she explained.

"You're from Baltimare?" Blue asked.

"Yep." Meadow replied, grinning.

"My family is originally from Vanhoover." Blue said.

"That's cool. I've only been there like, once or twice." Meadow said.

"Want me to show you around the town? I have a little while left before my shift on the Weather Team begins." Blue said.

"Sure! That'd be cool." Meadow replied.

"What have you seen so far?" Blue asked her.

"I've been to the Arena, to the Weather Factory, to Cloudsdale Park, so now all that's left is just the downtown area." Meadow replied.

"Alright, let's go then." Blue said as he begun his tour of downtown Cloudsdale. About half an hour later, the two ponies finished their tour.

"Did you like what you've seen, Meadow?" Blue asked.

"Yep. I sure did!" Meadow replied. "You've been an interesting tour guide." she said. Blue simply smiled.

"I know this town like the back of my hoof, Meadow." he said, before looking at a nearby clock. "Oh, dang. Listen, I gotta go. I'm almost late for my shift at the Weather Factory." Blue said.

"Bye, Blue." Meadow said.

"Oh, and one more thing. Do you want to hang out with me sometime?" Blue asked.

"Uh, yeah. Maybe. Okay?" Meadow replied.

"Sure." Blue said and smiled at her. She returned the grin as Blue trotted off towards the Weather Factory. It was just after 8 PM when Blue reached the Weather Factory. He went up to a platform and waited for orders from his boss. Eventually, the boss arrived.

"Ah, excellent timing, Blue Skye." he said. "Listen, I want you to clean the sky up over the arena. It's gotten really cloudy over there and the big Wonderbolts show starts in just over an hour. You think you can do that for me?" he asked.

"I think I can, sir." Blue simply replied and prepared himself to take off.

"Good. With this attitude to your job, you would make a great new addition to the Weather Team." the boss spoke to Blue and put his hoof on Blue's shoulder. "Alright, Blue. Go!" he said to Blue, who fluttered his wings and flew off towards the Arena. As Blue flew over towards the Arena, he noticed it's flashing lights in the distance. The Arena was often Blue's favorite place to go, especially when there was a Wonderbolts show on. Blue had seen around five shows in his lifetime, the last one being when he went with Rainbow Dash and her mom to see them perform. Blue would have gone today, but since he had to clear the skies up over the arena, he couldn't have had went. He eventually reached the Arena and was beginning to fly through the thick cloud cover which drifted above it. About 15 minutes later, Blue returned to the weather factory.

"Well done, Blue." his boss said. "Now, I'd like you to fly over downtown and clean up the clouds there. Okay?" Blue nodded and prepared to fly towards the downtown area. As Blue flew towards the downtown area, he kept thinking about Meadow. What if he does actually fall in love with her? Will he be a good coltfriend? Or will he begin the relationship too quickly? These were all questions that Blue kept thinking of during his flight Downtown. Blue felt very unpleasant contemplating these questions in his mind.

"Ugh, darn it!" Blue yelled and stopped flying. He stopped, hovering in mid-air and looked at the clouds drifting over the downtown area. This mess will just have to wait until somepony else is sent to clean it all up... Blue thought to himself and dashed back towards the Weather Factory.

"You finished yet, Blue?" the boss asked him. "If you did, then that was record timing." Some colts in the distance snickered.

"Oh, crap..." Blue facehoofed. "Sorry, sir. I was just, distracted by something."

"Yeah, yeah." the boss replied. "Right. There's nothing out there, Blue. Only clouds."

"I wasn't distracted by---Ah, dang it. I was just thinking of something." Blue admitted.

"Thinking of anything in particular?" the boss asked. The same colts chuckled. Blue turned to face them, but turned back.

"No, sir. I was just---darn it. Fine." Blue sighed and flew off towards downtown and begun to clear up the clouds there. About five or so minutes later, Blue arrived back at the base.

"Now, you see? You cleared up the sky without any hassle." the boss said. "That's exactly what I'd expect from a good employee. A positive attitude to the job."

"Gee, thanks." Blue replied and trotted off. "See you later, sir." A while later, Blue returned home. Lightning Fast was already at home, reading the newspaper. Summer Skies was upstairs, tending to Firestorm.

"Hey, dad." Blue said and trotted off to sit beside him.

"Hey, son! How was your day?" Lightning asked.

"Uh, dad. Can I talk to you for a second?" Blue asked.

"Sure." Lightning replied.

"I uh, met this filly at school. Her name is uh, Meadow. She's new to Cloudsdale, and I think I might like her..." Blue said. Lightning's face slowly formed a grin.

"You like her?" he asked Blue, grinning.

"Uh, yeah... I mean, all I think of is her!" Blue replied.

"That's great, son!" Lightning said, smiling, although he noticed Blue's glare shortly after. "What's wrong?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Look, dad. I like her, but I honestly don't know what to do!" Blue shouted, but calmed himself down shortly after. "Tell me, what should I do to show that I like her?" he asked Lightning. Lightning thought to himself.

"Take things slowly, Blue." Lightning replied. "Don't rush into the relationship. Start with being a friend to Meadow. Alright?"

"Yeah." Blue replied and hugged Lightning. "Thanks for the advice dad... Although I'm still not too sure about whether it'll actually work out between us."

Author's Note:

Whew! Chapter 5 is finally done folks! In the next chapter, Blue and Meadow Breeze will begin spending time with each other, but will sparks eventually fly between the two, or will things not work out? If you're wondering, then find out in the next chapter of Blue Skye's Story! ~ ST477